Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

On being Liz

Started by LizK, March 08, 2017, 05:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Hi Upside down Girlfriend,

I just read your post about your conversation with your Dad. With all you related it does sound like he has had a genuine change of heart. You cannot help but let him have another chance. Cautiously.
  You weight loss is going well with the added exercise. I just did a 6.5 mile walk in under 3 hours. It was a good walk but had 2 hills that had me huffing and puffing. But I have lost a bit of weight too. Keep up the good worj.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

LizK

Thanks ladies for stopping by.

Just after returning from getting the shopping done today I receive an email from my super company telling me that the forms I submitted to withdraw my super were blank...um...no, no they were filled out... So I rang...ho hum...I was able to ascertain they received all the documents and everything was there and completed apart from 1 document which they claimed was blank. My saved copy certainly wasn't blank and as its a pdf I don't see how it could be but he was insistent...I shook my head in disgust and printed out the document and then scanned each page back and sent them to them. Of course my printer ran out of ink with one page to go so I had to go out and buy some....I have completed the new upload of document and sent them a whole set of new docs with a slightly sarcastic note attached to the file...it was really mild... >:-) I am becoming somewhat jaded by this whole process....however not long to go now!!....maybe
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Cindy

That sounds like the good old Aussie banking system!

"Oh you want your money? Well there are a few issues with that.... you can't have it."

I'm sure it will all be OK soon.

A new camera!!!! We must get together and have a photo shoot. My macro lenses will fit the d3300 and could give you an idea of what to think about for a macro.
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Cindy on July 02, 2018, 03:17:29 AM
That sounds like the good old Aussie banking system!

"Oh you want your money? Well there are a few issues with that.... you can't have it."

I'm sure it will all be OK soon.

A new camera!!!! We must get together and have a photo shoot. My macro lenses will fit the d3300 and could give you an idea of what to think about for a macro.

Thanks Cindy what a great idea...I'll text you in the next week or  so as I should have it by midweek...if my memory serves me correctly the literature tells me, that what I have, is pretty much the same as the d3300 updated but I am certainly not a nikon expert, my last was an olympus DSLR...That would be great to check out your macro lens...

Yes the super will happen....the ironic thing is I printed out the same form they said was blank and sent it to them...maybe the real problem was that someone had a big weekend.
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: ElizabethK on July 02, 2018, 04:58:58 AM
Thanks Cindy what a great idea...I'll text you in the next week or  so as I should have it by midweek...if my memory serves me correctly the literature tells me, that what I have, is pretty much the same as the d3300 updated but I am certainly not a nikon expert, my last was an olympus DSLR...That would be great to check out your macro lens...

Yes the super will happen....the ironic thing is I printed out the same form they said was blank and sent it to them...maybe the real problem was that someone had a big weekend.
Hi Liz,
Nice work on keeping up with your weight goal. Sorry about the hiccup with the super paperwork. I have had similar issues with filling out PDF forms for my lease car. Is fill out the form electronically and send it to the lease company only for them to tell me it is blank. After several attempts, I printed the completed form myself, scanned it and sent it again. I think there are some incompatibilities between PDF software where one will not recognise the annotations from another. I don't like defending banks, but their claim that the form appeared blank to them may have been genuine. I'm glad it got sorted out in the end.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

davina61

Well done on the diet, still not lost any GRRRRRRRRR.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Jayne01 on July 02, 2018, 03:00:43 PM
Hi Liz,
Nice work on keeping up with your weight goal. Sorry about the hiccup with the super paperwork. I have had similar issues with filling out PDF forms for my lease car. Is fill out the form electronically and send it to the lease company only for them to tell me it is blank. After several attempts, I printed the completed form myself, scanned it and sent it again. I think there are some incompatibilities between PDF software where one will not recognise the annotations from another. I don't like defending banks, but their claim that the form appeared blank to them may have been genuine. I'm glad it got sorted out in the end.

Hugs,
Jayne

Hi Jayne thanks for the vote of confidence...as far as the blank PDF goes I really can't see how it happened but that of course doesn't mean it did not happen just as they way they say it did. In the end I gave them the benefit of the doubt  ;) As you can tell I am getting very jaded by mindless govt agencies however probably not as jaded as those that have to work there.  :D
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

Quote from: davina61 on July 02, 2018, 03:45:33 PM
Well done on the diet, still not lost any GRRRRRRRRR.

Hang in there you will when you are ready too.  :)
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

What a day !!

Went and checked my bank account today for direct debits and discovered my GCS funding sitting in my medical account. The superannuation company had actioned it straight away after receiving the new documents. So I have now have everything I need with the exception of my letters. I think the first mini celebration will be when all obstacles to me having GCS will  have been removed. I am not sure what will happen first but I suspect I will hit my goal weight and my letters on the 10th of September will be the final piece to the puzzle.

When I saw the funds there I was speechless...did I ever really think I would be staring at my bank account looking at the funds for GCS...NO...but yet here I am. I am so happy that this part is taken care of. Next are my letters on the 10th of September to coordinate with the wishes of my surgeon.

Just to sweeten an already happy day...my camera has arrived!! I have just begun the fun task of learning its capabilities.

Happy days

Liz

PS Almost forgot..... 146 days 12 hrs 56 minutes...everyone together now..."Not that anyone is counting"
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Kendra

Wow - LIZ!!  This is such great news! 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Nicole70

Fantastic news Liz, a great day, so happy for you.
  •  

Jayne01

Awesome Liz! So happy for you. Just when you start losing faith in a government bureaucracy when they can't read a PDF file, they go and do something crazy like becoming efficient! [emoji23]

This is great news!

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Michelle_P

Wow, Liz!  Huge green light there!

Congratulations!  Now it's just running down your personal checklist, and getting the last bits tended to.  This has to feel pretty darn good.

Michelle
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Congratulations Liz!  What a pleasant surprise to have the funds deposited so soon.  You're one step closer!!!

Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

davina61

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS. That's good ,getting closer dear.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Quote from: ElizabethK on May 26, 2018, 08:52:17 PM
Last Week my 2 year Tranniversary slipped by without me really saying too much about it. I was in the process of organising a new profile pic which I have now done. I have also updat4ed my Pic on the forum to show the progress I have made.

The photo you see of me in guy mode is from 9 months prior to starting HRT in late 2015. It is quite obvious that I am not a "happy camper" and I am always amazed when I see these type pf pics side by side.
Wow what an amazing transition 😘

Wow what an amazing transition 😘
Absolutely incredible....

Absolutely incredible....

The last 2 years have been full of great joys along with the lowest of lows and it is only now after all this time that I am beginning to accept that the "man in mirror" is fading. Each and every time I look in the mirror I see less and less of him. I guess that's progress!!

Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Stevi

Liz,

Congratulations on getting your funding squared away.  More so on successfully out lasting the paper pushing gauntlet.

Stevi
  •  

Shy

It's a bit like buses, you wait for ages to catch one and then two come at once.

Great news Liz, I take it you're still not counting ;D

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

LizK

Monday morning weigh in occurred again today. Having scales that work is a bonus and they showed me I finally cracked the 100kg mark  . I am 99.5 for the first time in about 12 months :icon_dance: :icon_dance: . I was doing really well with my weight loss but personal issues threw me off track last year.

My goal for this week was to beat the 100 kgs and I am so happy I did it. I am really starting to feel good about my increasing fitness and seeing some real progress with getting this weight off. I would love to be going into GCS being under 90 Kgs (198lb) which is my ultimate goal. I only have to be under 96kgs (211lb) for the surgeon so only 3.5kgs (8lb) and I will have met GCS requirements.

My understanding from the information I was given is that the surgeon is not happy to operate on anyone over 100kgs(there will be exceptions to this I am sure) and prefers your BMI to be under 30 so being under the 100kgs meets the first of his two requirements and I have 141 days 22 hrs 1minute (not that anyone is counting  ;D ) to reach the 90 Kgs which is my ultimate goal and well within requirements for surgery. If I keep losing at my current rate of about 800 grms (2lb) per week I will be at my goal weight of 90ks(198lb) by 24 September...which when you break it down feels pretty achievable lol I slipped off the diet wagon a few times late last week and need to be a little more vigilant this week.

I have asked for a referral to the voice therapist again but with a view this time to getting a further referral for some surgery. I may end up after Nov with just enough funds to have a couple of smaller procedures. For example I would have enough to get a boob job and maybe some more hair implants...or maybe some minor cosmetic facial surgery and a voice tune up. I won't have enough for FFS but close. So my dilemma is where am I going to get my "best bang for bucks"...breast augmentation is probably at the top of my list but the idea of silicone implants scares the "bleep" out of me but then my understanding is there are not too many choices and they are fairly safe.

My current focus will remain on the weight loss as I have 3 surgeries coming up in the next 8 months two of which are major. It all starts in august where I get my implanted medication pump replaced. This is probably the easiest of the surgeries requiring the shortest recovery time. Because the meds from the pump go directly into the spinal fluid there needs to be an entry point to deliver them. When this point is accessed a certain amount of spinal fluid is lost...the result?...so imagine your worst hangover headache lasting for 24-48 hrs and you don't get to have the fun of boozing before hand. Apart from that, the wound will take about 3 weeks to heal. Following that we have GCS in Nov and then finally a hip replacement as soon as my skin integrity is intact again probably some time after January. Add in a possible augmentation and it could easily be 4 surgeries in the next 12 months. This makes the next few months really important in preparing for this. Getting fit and losing the weight is going to make each one of these surgeries so much easier to recover from with an added bonus that I get a new wardrobe of clothes once I reach my goal.

Enough blathering for one day

Take care

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Blathering, no!  WOW that's a lot of news!   Congratulations on the 100kg milestone.  90kg, here you come!
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •