Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

On being Liz

Started by LizK, March 08, 2017, 05:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne01

Liz, I am so happy for you. Your lifelong dreams and wishes will soon become a complete reality, but the GCS will just be the finishing touches. You already are the girl you always knew yourself to be. I am also very happy for you seeing "her" in the photo. Your really do look amazing and above all, happy!

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Faith

Quote from: LizK on August 19, 2018, 05:11:27 AM

When I saw this recent pic today flicking though my photo's I so delighted as I could clearly see "her" and not "him" for a chnage which prompted me to put it up in the first place!!

Take care

Liz

LIZ!!  Awesome photo. I'm glad to be able to 'see' you again after such a long time, so long I can't remember when the last photo was (but I do have CRS so ... )

You're looking great. I have seen her in a previous photo, I'm glad for you that you can see her in this one ... I hate repeating what Jayne said but it's true. And, at least I said it with a proper accent, not that weird one.  :D It's great to be meeting your goals and doing it with a smile.

I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Drexy/Drex

Marvelous Liz.... You have such good taste
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Nice photo Liz. You're looking fine.
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

LizK

Thank you all ladies for the kind replies...I was happy with this photo and its weird because when taking it I never took a lot of notice...then looking through my photos after cleaning up my phone I spotted it. I actually like this photo of me and that is something you never normally hear me say... Thank you all @JudiblueEyes @Drexy/Drex @Faith @Jayne01 for the kind words....I don't know if you will each get a "mention" on your page as I can't tell if using the @ symbol actually works...can you let me know if you received a "mention" for this post? Is there something I need to turn on in settings to make it work?

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: LizK on August 19, 2018, 05:32:08 PM
Thank you all ladies for the kind replies...I was happy with this photo and its weird because when taking it I never took a lot of notice...then looking through my photos after cleaning up my phone I spotted it. I actually like this photo of me and that is something you never normally hear me say... Thank you all @JudiblueEyes @Drexy/Drex @Faith @Jayne01 for the kind words....I don't know if you will each get a "mention" on your page as I can't tell if using the @ symbol actually works...can you let me know if you received a "mention" for this post? Is there something I need to turn on in settings to make it work?

Take care

Liz
Hi Liz,

I received a notification on my phone from tapatalk saying that you mentioned me in a post, but the @"usernames" you mentioned showed up as normal text, not a blue link as they normally do. I had a look on my profile page through the website but didn't see the mention appear in there. It seems only the ones that appear in blue as links show up. I use tapatalk almost always, so I often don't see some of the extra features available in the web version of Susan's. Not sure what settings there might be. It might have something to do with the browser you are using. Others may know more about it than I do.

I appreciate your mention nonetheless. Btw, I didn't see your countdown. I like the abbreviated countdown you used in a recent post. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Nicole70

Liz,

Lovely photo, you look really good and a happiness is shining through, and glad you see her.

I can totally relate to your reasons for wanting GCS, your reasons are unique to you but I think many of us share the same lifelong experience of wishing to be a girl.

Thank you for sharing,  hugs

Nicole
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Jayne01 on August 19, 2018, 06:11:24 PM
Hi Liz,

I received a notification on my phone from tapatalk saying that you mentioned me in a post, but the @"usernames" you mentioned showed up as normal text, not a blue link as they normally do. I had a look on my profile page through the website but didn't see the mention appear in there. It seems only the ones that appear in blue as links show up. I use tapatalk almost always, so I often don't see some of the extra features available in the web version of Susan's. Not sure what settings there might be. It might have something to do with the browser you are using. Others may know more about it than I do.

I appreciate your mention nonetheless. Btw, I didn't see your countdown. I like the abbreviated countdown you used in a recent post. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Hugs,
Jayne

Hi Jayne

Yes I have noticed over the last day or so that my mentions are no longer working and I am not sure why. I have PM'd Cindy asking her if there is anything I need to do to fix this. Will have to wait and see. I used to be able to use the @ sign to bring up a list of the user names but for some reason that is not working either I suspect its all one in the same issue. Thanks for letting me know as I was not entirely sure if they were working or not and now I know they are not, thanks, you have saved me from having to test it further.

Take care Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Nicole70 on August 19, 2018, 06:29:23 PM
Liz,

Lovely photo, you look really good and a happiness is shining through, and glad you see her.

I can totally relate to your reasons for wanting GCS, your reasons are unique to you but I think many of us share the same lifelong experience of wishing to be a girl.

Thank you for sharing,  hugs

Nicole

Thank you Nicole  I appreciate the kind words. I am not so sure my reasons are unique in any way other than they are mine. I think you are right many of us have travelled a similar paths. I think its important to find your own peace with your decision no matter whether you even choose surgery or not.

Take care

Liz 
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Cindy

I'm trying to find out what's going on
@LizK
  •  

LizK

@Cindy

I am logged back in Ok  but not sure about the mentions? I added one to this for you
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

Monday Morning Update

5c or 41F this morning BRRRRRRRRRRR I was not keen on walking but after I got a caffeine fix I tentatively ventured out.  Lets just say the first 1k was a little "bracing" but once through the early warm up I was soon burning the fat for the next 5ks to make a total of 6ks  ;D

Home through the shower and after some weirdness from the scales my weight was 93.8kg making a loss of 300Grams or ½ pound. I was not convinced that it was accurate. I suspect that last weeks big loss was more moderate than I realised and should have checked the number but the number is what I wanted to see so I never bothered. I suspect that it weighed me light. I am happy that I have the correct weight now but will double check all weights from now on to see if I can ensure a more accurate weigh in.  A loss is a loss and I will accept that as a win.
Had a very busy day doing housework and shopping and all that boring life stuff.

I only have one more walk day this week, as after Wednesday's procedure I will have a small suture line to take care of for a few days along with a sore head to fix...My Dr will prescribe Chocolate and Coffee to help alleviate the symptoms...so not all bad by any means. ;D

Quote from: Jayne01 on August 19, 2018, 06:11:24 PM

...... Btw, I didn't see your countdown. I like the abbreviated countdown you used in a recent post. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

You don't miss a trick do you Jayne. You are Right I have left it off because...Drum Roll... I am now Sub 100 days in fact the numbers look a little bit like this
99D 13H 35M BWCA?
Yes I was holding out on you ...just a little bit  :laugh:...I am 10 Days away from being asked to pay in full for the surgery, its another locking in and cementing of plans. It makes me smile as I begin to have the first feeling of what I think might even be genuine excitement...this is not a sensation I have experienced for many years but one I think I might just enjoy!!

That is about it for today....will post again after Wednesday's procedure.

Take care
Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Cindy

Does this mean that I have a choice on Wednesday for our photography shoot?

Will it be me hunting spiders or taking pictures of Liz being 'procedured'?

Well what shall I decide??
  •  

LizK

So I started this post at 3:15 this morning but even though I was wide awake, I was not wide awake enough to prevent from doing this and waking up with letters imprinted on your face LOL.

The procedure went well yesterday and I escaped with only a mild headache and minor discomfort from the suture line. This morning the pain is even more minimal than yesterday.

The Good....Most people treated me absolutely fine with the exception of a couple. The anaesthetist was a lovely man and was very pleasant to me. The theatre was huge, clean and full of lots of machines that go "ping" I think Monty python said it best
I had minimal spinal headache...in fact I was not even certain it was from that. I was kept very comfortable throughout and a lot of care taken to ensure I position correctly on the table for maximum comfort. The nurses in recovery were really nice, very pleasant and totally professional with me. I was a good patient (I am usually a bad one) and complied with each of their requests...some of which were a little silly but who am I to question!!

The Bad....they had real difficulty finding a vein to insert the Jelco, they rang me the day before to tell me I had to be there at 7am and the woman seemed quite "off" with me when I told her what I had already been told by my Nurses from the PMC. I was expecting Dr Tran, Karen(NUM) and a scrub nurse to be present for the procedure...intead there were over 30 people all there to observe my pump changeover...I did suggest that I should have charged and admission fee but somehow I think the humour was lost on them. I had been asked 4 times prior to getting to the theatre if I have any allergies to which I advised was Paper based tapes, each an every one of them duly noted their paperwork. When I was standing waiting to get up on to the operating table my normal pain management nurse came over and said hullo to me and I quipped with her that we should be fine so long as they keep "those" tapes away from me this time. My Nurse exclaimed something like" Oh hell no, we don't want to got through all that again"
The anaesthetist happened to overhear my comment and asked what the problem was I said the last time they used that paper tape it cost a $20,000 pump because it became infected, my nurse who had to deal with the aftermath last time, pipes up saying "Do not put paper based tapes on her" and the scramble began to find an alternative. It really makes you wonder why they bother asking you all the questions if they are not going to take any notice of the answers

The Ugly...As I described, the woman who called me the day before seemed a bit off with me and became even more irritated when I asked a couple of simple questions about parking etc. When I was called in to be admitted the very next morning the woman was also slightly off with me and I couldn't work out why. As I sat there I saw my case notes sitting there and in big bold black texter was my old name with a simple short line through the Christian name leaving it very visible and Elizabeth written under it. Every person that picked up that file or even glanced at it could see the obvious name change from male to female. The woman I was dealing with was abrupt, verging on rude. She took me out of her office and sat me in the waiting room to be taken through to day surgery. The female orderly comes out with a big smile on her face calls my name and as I stand up she looks at me then down at the case notes and the smile is immediacy replaced with a scowl...she then proceed to walk off not so much as bothering to look back to see if I am following her...I walk with a stick so it can take a bit for me to get up to speed. You can well imagine how dysphoric I was feeling. I think what angers me is that it is such an easy thing to fix so I think I will have to write to the Hospital and ask them to fix this. I am not sure why my old name matters at all but even if they are keeping a record it can be kept inside the folder. I want this fixed before I have my hip replacement.

Despite all that I was still asked when my last period was and if I could be pregnant...so go figure!!! LOL ;D

On the whole the Dr's and nurses were great with the exception of a couple of them. The procedure went forward without a hitch. I am apparently the "poster girl" for these pumps due to the remarkable results I have had from it so as a result a number of the Medtronic Reps from around Australia were there to examine my old pump and see the "Miracle recovery" Hence the reason for the size of the theatre and the number of people.

So I have to take it easy for at least 24 hrs with no walking until tomorrow(boohoo) the rest will do me good. I have my Daughter coming over to watch "It" with me today and then Cindy is dropping over for a visit tomorrow. I had the riot act read to me today about taking it easy. I am under threat of physical harm from Meryl If I don't she has already txt me once to make sure I am doing nothing but resting...

So that is Proceedure number 1 of 4 completed only
97d 23H 13m (BWCA?) til the next one

Take Care

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Nicole70

Good news that you have got through operation 1 Liz and are recovering, not so good that some didn't treat you with respect, most unprofessional and especially from medical staff.

Hope your recovery continues well.

Hugs

Nicole
  •  

Jessica

Congratulations Liz 🌸🌸🌸  one down, 3 months to go till the next! 
It's happening Liz, and I love how they asked if you could be pregnant!

Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Cindy

Hi Liz,

A complaint to the Patient advocate at FMC is called for. I'm in there today and will get the details. There is no excuse for that behaviour and the case notes disgrace.

See you Friday.

•  

Jayne01

Hi Liz,

I'm so glad the pump replacement procedure went well for you. The interaction with the rude staff was unfortunate. I'm sorry you had to endure that kind of treatment from people that should know better.

I hope you are following the Dr advice with recovery chocolate and coffee. Perhaps more chocolate and less coffee. [emoji23]

Your countdown is really starting to look good now. I am also feeling excitement for you. The countdown will reach "0" before you know it.

Rest well and recover and then get back into your fitness routine, but only after you are recovered.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Jessica

Liz, where do you want next months diet supplement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Rest well Liz.  You're well under 100 days and getting closer for the big one.   I would listen to Cindy about voicing your concern.
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •