Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

*TRIGGER WARNING* Texas Bathroom Bill - `My heart breaks over their deception.’

Started by Janes Groove, March 09, 2017, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnneK

Ummm...  Christmas was a "pagan" festival that was hijacked by the Christians.  Check out Yule and Saturnalia.

I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: Jane Emily on March 10, 2017, 12:58:43 PM
Also, LOL.  100% agreeance with this sentiment. :)

Actually, the preferred term nowadays is "snowflake."   Not sure, but I think it has something to do with men seeming to be too feminine.
No, it's from "special little snowflake". They think that differences shouldn't be catered to.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: AnneK on March 10, 2017, 01:44:15 PM
Ummm...  Christmas was a "pagan" festival that was hijacked by the Christians.  Check out Yule and Saturnalia.
From the days when Christians were a persecuted minority. They chose the time when the pagan Romans were already celebrating so they wouldn't stand out.
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Deborah

Whenever I hear that snowflake term I laugh at the fact that the ones that use that term the most are the very same ones who are constantly whining about the imaginary great persecution they are undergoing in America.  LOL

Laugh at them!

Conform and be dull. —James Frank Dobie, The Voice of the Coyote
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

jentay1367

Quote from: Lady Sarah on March 10, 2017, 09:01:31 AM
I am sure bigots will start policing bathrooms with their hateful zeal. This is likely to include stores, where they can consider it a public place. In such cases, management and the police will be involved. I will insist. I ain't leaving Texas, just because of BS like this.

Sent from my NS-P10A7100 using Tapatalk

That a girl! Cuz' if we don't stand up for ourselves, no one else will. We must be united and resolute and like other minorities of the past, not beg for, but demand our rights. Squeaky wheel has always gotten the grease.
  •  

Janes Groove

Quote from: Dee Marshall on March 10, 2017, 04:02:50 PM
No, it's from "special little snowflake". They think that differences shouldn't be catered to.

You are correct. I looked it up. But for some reason (maybe it's just me) but whenever I hear that term I can hear echoes of the word sissy.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
  •  

Deborah

The one good thing about the internet is that people like that are getting lots of exposure.  That, along with the recent election, is totally discrediting that brand of Christianity as having any claim to either morality or family values.  This is good.  It may still take a while longer but they are destroying themselves.

Don't get mad. Laugh at them!

Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

cheryl reeves

Christians did not use the pagan holy days to hide from the Romans,all the pagan holy Christian days started in 329 a.d. as a edict from the universal church of Rome. I may be low income I chose this way of life to hide in plain sight,I'm very intelligent too much for my own well being for I know where a lot of bodies are buried.
  •  

jentay1367

Quote from: Deborah on March 11, 2017, 09:46:07 AM
The one good thing about the internet is that people like that are getting lots of exposure.  That, along with the recent election, is totally discrediting that brand of Christianity as having any claim to either morality or family values.  This is good.  It may still take a while longer but they are destroying themselves.

Don't get mad. Laugh at them!

Unfortunately, the lizard brain feeds off fear. Those who motivate the throng know just how get them riled and brainwash the new novitiates. As much as I'd like to believe were moving forward and they're all going the way of the dinosaur, the new WH gang leads me to believe differently.
  •  

Gertrude

Quote from: Deborah on March 10, 2017, 11:13:44 AM
Even slavery was justified with the Bible.  Over 600K people died to settle that argument.

Deborah, being from the south or living there, can you give insight to the mentality? I'm from NY originally and people usually mind their own business. You'd think they'd at least consider the economic consequences like in NC where they lost a lot. I don't get it. In my world, Jesus never preached that. They seem to be children of an angry god. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Gertrude

Quote from: jentay1367 on March 11, 2017, 10:30:10 AM
Unfortunately, the lizard brain feeds off fear. Those who motivate the throng know just how get them riled and brainwash the new novitiates. As much as I'd like to believe were moving forward and they're all going the way of the dinosaur, the new WH gang leads me to believe differently.
The thing is if trump ever vapor-locked or was impeached, pence would be 10x worse. He believes in conversion therapy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Deborah

Well, despite all my rhetoric, in my town I haven't really seen any anti-LGBT activity.  Nobody has ever given me a hard time or really even so much as a second look.  I dress down so I'm not sure if it's because I blend in well or something else but everyone is nice.  Even in complete male mode (except for my hair), picking up estradiol at the military pharmacy people are all smiles and even seem to go out of their way to be helpful.  That's kind of how everyone is in the military but I have never felt any hostility of any kind.

That said, Georgia is somewhat progressive compared to the other Southern states and my town in particular is heavily military so people here are accustomed to quite a bit of diversity.  We train lots of foreigners here from places all over the world.

Maybe if I lived in a small insular place I might have a different experience.

A few years ago I was involved in a Southern heritage organization and heavily involved in Civil War reenacting.  There were lots of rednecks there, LOL, but mostly they were pretty good people.  However, there was also quite a bit of racism not too far under the surface.  It's not as out in the open as it was when I was a child but it's still there to a lesser degree.  Really, that was what made me drop all of that.  I found a booth at an event selling anti miscegenation CDs from some Baptist preacher which infuriated me as my wife is from a different ethnic group.

This stuff is just passed down from generation to generation so it takes a long time to die out.

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Gertrude

•  

jentay1367

QuoteThis stuff is just passed down from generation to generation so it takes a long time to die out.

That's the problem of course, ignorance is an infectious disease.
  •  

Deborah

Yes it is.  But in the USA it's a whole lot less an issue than in many other places.  I worked in one place in particular in Europe where they were still killing each other over a grudge that began in 1389.

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

jentay1367

Quote from: Deborah on March 11, 2017, 05:49:33 PM
Yes it is.  But in the USA it's a whole lot less an issue than in many other places.  I worked in one place in particular in Europe where they were still killing each other over a grudge that began in 1389.

Well Deb, let's hope we wise up quicker than that. I haven't been particularly hopeful regarding Americans learning curve, either. :embarrassed:
  •  

AnneK

QuoteThey seem to be children of an angry god.

A huge problem is fundamentalist religion.  They take the view they're right and everyone else, including other denominations of the same religion, are wrong.  They also consider the bible to be the absolute truth, when in fact it's anything but.  So, they take some point in it, often out of context, and then use it to harm others, claiming all along they're "good Christians".  I experienced this myself, when I was a kid, before I realized that religion was nonsense.  Even though I was going to church then, I was apparently not going to heaven, because I wasn't going to the right church!

QuoteWell Deb, let's hope we wise up quicker than that.

As long as there's religion, that's not likely to happen.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Lady Sarah

Quote from: jentay1367 on March 11, 2017, 05:07:18 PM
That's the problem of course, ignorance is an infectious disease.
Ignorance is bliss, yet misery loves company, and trying to teach the difference may be hazardous to one's health.

Sent from my NS-P10A7100 using Tapatalk

started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

Jacqueline

Quote from: TransParkie on March 10, 2017, 05:24:08 AM
<< It's going yo look awful funny, when all the masculine looking cis-women start filing law suites over sexual discrimination due to the fact that they're being questioned and harassed in not just the women's bathroom, but the women's locker room as well...... Time to sit back, and watch the sparks fly... heehee>>

It's  a little late, but I want to welcome you to the site.

I am afraid your descriptions may well come to pass.

I also want to share some links with you. They are mostly welcome information and the rules that govern the site. If you have not had a chance to look through them, please take a moment:

Things that you should read

Once again, welcome to Susan's. Look around, ask questions and join in.

With warmth,

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

RobynD

I encourage everyone to hang around with young people. You will usually come away with confidence in a brighter future of diversity and acceptance. Are their subcultures of younger folks that try and follow in the sexist, racists etc. footsteps? yes there are but even those people are generally less egregious than their parents.

Finally, religion itself is losing influence on society. I live in one of the least "church attendance" states in the union and as much as i see value in faith,  it is not hard to see the value in lack of it or at least lack of it in any organized way.

•