Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Whats your favorite anime/manga

Started by Sena, March 09, 2017, 06:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ely-chan

Anime:
Evangelion
Overlord
tensei >-bleeped-<tara dakera slime
Ranma 1/2
bakemonogatari
Marias+holic
Shakugan no shana
Jojos Bizare adventure

Manga
Full metal archemist
Berserk
alita battle angel
Family compo
Ikkitousen
Sakura card captor
  •  

Ely-chan

Quote from: Roll on July 28, 2018, 08:25:08 PM
Ah Ranma. The outlet for many a budding trans girl's fantasies. ;D (Also just plain funny. <3 Rumiko Takahashi.)
Yes, i think the same, when i was child i wanted found Yusenkyo's thermal waters.
  •  

OliverR.

Here are mine (not listed in order of how much i like them)

1: Now and then here and there
2. Made in Abyss
3:Berserk
4:Akira
5:Saber Marionette J
6:Tenchi Muyo (ova)
7. Dragon ball
8. Dragonball z
9.My Hero Academia
10. Gurren Lagaan
11.HunterxHunter
12. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
13.Bokurano
14.Yu Yu Hakusho

There may be more, but I can't remember :P The ones that made me cry the most are Made in Abyss, HunterXHunter and Now then Here and There. I like stuff that makes me cry....  :D
"Don't make me run! I'm full of chocolate!" :eusa_sick:
  •  

Colleen_definitely

I adore just about everything Ghost in the Shell.  The films are superb and the SAC series were great too.  Arise wasn't quite as good though.
Cowboy Bebop is great as well.
Space Pirate Captain Harlock is a really solid movie.
Akira is a classic of course.

I really wanted to love Trigun and Full Metal Alchemist but they were just too campy for me.

EDIT: Appleseed is another good series of films. 

As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

OliverR.

I couldn't get into Full metal alchemist either.....it was the bad jokes. They got in the way of the story.(this is my opinion anyway.) I guess i can see why some like it though.
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Quote from: OliverR. on March 05, 2019, 04:01:22 PM
I couldn't get into Full metal alchemist either.....it was the bad jokes. They got in the way of the story.

Yep, I guess Japanese comic relief doesn't translate particularly well.
  •  

OliverR.

Honestly, it was the constant flailing around and yelling that got to me....Yeah, i guess it doesn't translate well.
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Yes that is precisely the sort of thing that annoys me.  Cowboy Bebop has a bit of that but it's applied sparingly.  The rest of the story more than makes up for it.
  •  

OliverR.

I never got into cowboy bepop, but I think it may be because i tried watching it after all the hype died down and I was kind of disappointed (I can see why people love it though) Funny, because there are a lot of anime who use that kind of humor, but for some reason with Full Metal Alchemist I noticed it more...
  •  

zirconia

The voiceovers may make a huge difference. The few glimpses I've seen of English versions have to me sounded so overblown and unnatural that I've immediately either changed the channel or turned whatever machine I used off. The French versions, however, have been so true to the originals that I've found it uncanny. (I don't understand French, but the tone and feeling were there.)

There are nuances in Japanese that are easy to lose unless both the translator and voice actors are absolutely top notch. I believe the same is true of every language...
  •  

OliverR.

Although I love all of the older stuff, I have noticed that the english dubs have been getting better and better lately. Are they putting more money into it than they used to? As much as I love some of the older shows, some of the anime that i used to like had god awful english voiceovers
  •  

SapphireFlames

Mine are mostly main stream, but they are still fantastic!

1.) Fairy Tail (far and away my fav)
2.) My Hero Academia
3.) Dragonball Z
4.) Naruto (original and Shippuden, Boruto is kinda meh)
5.) Sword Art Online
6.) Assassination Classroom
7.) Attack on Titan
8.) Izetta the Last Witch
9.) Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
10.) Seven Deadly Sins
11.) Black Clover (starting to like it now that I have gotten over Asta yelling all the time)
12.) Overlord
13.) Zoids (haven't seen it in forever though, might suck now  :P)

Semi-Anime Honorable Mentions (for the feels):
1) Pokemon (mostly the older series)
2) Digimon
3) Yu-Gi-Oh

Can't stress how influential Fairy Tail was in helping me through some dark times, planning on getting a tattoo for it eventually.  Plus the soundtrack is amazing.  :laugh:
~ Sky
  •  

NatalieRene

Hmm

Ghost In the Shell
Akira
Witch Hunter Robin
Ranma 1/2
Inuyasha
Robotech
Cowboy Bebop

Not strictly an anime but Xenogears

Edit

Oh my god I forgot to mention Neon Genesis Evangelion.
  •