Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

double barrel 12 gauge preferably a muzzle loader percussion cap (lots of noise smoke and flames). My granddad had one to keep the starlings of the cheery trees, ahh childhood memories , sigh . Problem is if you nuk all those squiggles then you might stupefy , its the whirring's that make us do things.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: davina61 on May 10, 2017, 02:21:58 PM
Problem is if you nuk all those squiggles then you might stupefy , its the whirring's that make us do things.

Precisely Davina, them buggers are as bad as the nagging and cajoling crew here on Susan's Place. The only difference is you know when the nags are doing things.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Laurie

Breaking News!

Facial torture starts on the 18th of May 2017!  That's only a week from tomorrow.

I just spoke with Christina with whom all likelihood I have just begun a long relationship with. She is the electrologist in my area that I just booked my first hour with. She seems like a nice lady, has 12 years of experience, is Oregon board certified, and is transgender friendly. I told her I was in that group and she was professional enough to ask a name preference. She answered all my questions and gave me some tips to prepare. 1.  Drink lots of water the day before and the day of appointments as it helps with pain management. 2. Two days growth maybe three. 3. Take aspirin or advil or tylenol etc 1 hour before if desired. 4. Bring cash or check. $75/hr.
  I scheduled only one hour for this first session to see how it goes w/o 5% lidocaine creme. I'll ask my doctor if he can prescribe it for me but It would not arrive in tme for this first session.

So folks it is scheduled. Another small step is underway. I'll update everyone on the crying after it is over.

Hugs,
   Laurie

More:  I had to change into male mode to go check the mail and got to the store but didn't want to take my sheer pink nail polish off so I left it on and went anyway. No one said anything about it.
  I also found out I was seen yesterday going or returning from my appointment by my apartment manager when she ave me a compliment today. She said I looked good in my fem mode.  ;D

LJW

•  

HappyMoni

Laurie,
   I get my numbing creme from my technician. You might ask her. I don't need it too much on the face except for the upper lip. It helps if she can skip around a bit. Too long in one area gets hard.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: HappyMoni on May 10, 2017, 08:51:53 PM
Laurie,
   I get my numbing creme from my technician. You might ask her. I don't need it too much on the face except for the upper lip. It helps if she can skip around a bit. Too long in one area gets hard.
Moni

Hi Moni (as in misspelled money with an accent),

Thanks for the Idea, You tried being helpful and I know that must have been difficult with your ornery demeanor.

We did discussed that. Her business is too small to make it cost effective for her clients. I think I mentioned my surprise at how few electrolysis options there are for us here in the Portland area. I think I could find only 2 maybe 3 electrologists outside of the city and maybe 5 in the city.
  There are surprisingly few resources in general for LGBTQ+ community here for that matter.

Loves Ya,
     Laurie sweet Laurie  ;D ;D :angel: :angel:

•  

LizK

As the self proclaimed "ointment queen" around here....don't forget to cover the ointment with saran wrap...If you can see the colour of your skin through the ointment...you haven't got enough on...if you don't cover the area with ointment on it, the ointment will evaporate, it is still going to hurt even with the ointment and don't be surprised if you really hate it. But there are several ways in which to gain adequate pain control. You need to be as relaxed as you can be...Moisturise your skin like crazy between treatments and drinking plenty of water the day before and day of treatment. You will be able to judge how long your beard needs to  be to work on after a couple of sessions.

I really hope that when you have had your first session you can smile and say.. "Meh! no problem!!" and you are one of those who are able to tolerate the initial higher currents...Good luck for next Thursday                         
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: ElizabethK on May 11, 2017, 12:23:27 AM
....don't forget to cover the ointment with saran wrap...If you can see the colour of your skin through the ointment...you haven't got enough on...if you don't cover the area with ointment on it, the ointment will evaporate, it is still going to hurt even with the ointment and don't be surprised if you really hate it.

...Good luck for next Thursday                         

Hi Miss Liz, The Ointment Queen,

So let me get this straight. If I can get me some EMLA or 5% lidocaine ointment, I am to slather it on my face enough to hide in it, wrap it with saran wrap 30 - 60 minutes before my appointment then drive to my appointment? Sounds awfully messy to me. Did I get it right?
   On top of that I'm to drown myself by drinking water a day and a half not forgetting to wash a couple Ibuprofen, Tylenol, or Advil down and hour before too. I found where aspirin is not recommended.
   You know this prep does not do anything to allay my apprehensions?   I may have to do a Michelle or a John Wayne and go without a numbing cream. I sent a message off to my doctor asking if I could get some EMLA cream ordered or if he had other ideas or suggestions.
   I refrained from inquiring about increasing my HRT. Twice was enough and I see him on the 22nd anyway and will get blood drawn then to check levels.
  I guess the important part is that I am starting and will see what it's like come the 18th.

Thanks for the advice Liz
  Laurie

•  

Shy

Good for you Laurie!

Can't comment on all the follicle fun but I sure remember my first public mani, got nothing but positive comments. Now I don't even think twice about it other than what colour to wear which is a whole other issue.
So no more Mr. Miyagi "polish on, polish off" for you girl! Any slacking and it goes straight on the report card ;) That includes wearing gloves, hands in pockets and clear, matt polish doesn't count ;D

Happy to read of your progress Laurie, gave me a little boost this morning so it's time for a little challenge myself I think:)

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Laurie on May 11, 2017, 12:47:46 AM
  Hi Miss Liz, The Ointment Queen,

So let me get this straight. If I can get me some EMLA or 5% lidocaine ointment, I am to slather it on my face enough to hide in it, wrap it with saran wrap 30 - 60 minutes before my appointment then drive to my appointment? Sounds awfully messy to me. Did I get it right?

Thanks for the advice Liz
  Laurie

Embarrassingly that is exactly what I did minus the saran wrap...didn't work. I did go to my first appointment with half my face covered  and wow did I hurt because I didn't have it on long enough or thick enough and over too big an area...As a suggestion Pick a spot to put some Emla cream on maybe the circumference of a cup... put your Emla cream on this area and your Electrologist can then work in the numb area if you are not so happy when she treats an area without the cream...I would do a couple of spots and then you will also know if it is worth the hassle and cost(Emla cream) by the amount of discomfort you have with and without the cream. Laurie I am in the minority and there are really good medical reason why I am sensitive to Electrolysis so the chances are you will tolerate it really well. 
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

KathyLauren

Something that really helps me (in addition to Emla, Advil and Tylenol) is to bring music with headphones.  I need something that I can really get my head into.  So far, Bach, BB King and Jimi Hendrix have worked well for me.  If I get really into the music, the zaps on my face feel like they are happening in another room, and that's good.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Barb99

You can get a good 5% lidocaine cream from Amazon. I am using this one. If i leave it on for 90 minutes covered with saran wrap the numbing will last a bit over an hour.
Amazon delivers it in 2 days.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019D7MQMK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1
  •  

Rayna

Hey Laurie, I just want to congratulate and support you in your embrace of your transition. Just compare the ease with which you reported these past few outings to your agony posts of a few weeks ago. You're doing great! Love Randy

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

jentay1367

Quote from: Laurie on May 10, 2017, 08:42:45 PM
Breaking News!

Facial torture starts on the 18th of May 2017!  That's only a week from tomorrow.

And so it begins. Welcome to the club sweetie. Happy to have you along! Misery loves company

If anyone tells you it hurts, they're lying. It hurts like hell. :laugh: :laugh:
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Shy on May 11, 2017, 03:10:49 AM
Good for you Laurie!

I sure remember my first public mani, got nothing but positive comments. Now I don't even think twice about it other than what colour to wear which is a whole other issue.
So no more Mr. Miyagi "polish on, polish off" for you girl! Any slacking and it goes straight on the report card ;) That includes wearing gloves, hands in pockets and clear, matt polish doesn't count ;D

Happy to read of your progress Laurie, gave me a little boost this morning so it's time for a little challenge myself I think:)

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie

Morning Sadie,

I can assure you a manicure and possibly a pedicure are on my to do list. My nails are still a sheer pink (Kleencolor #64) I left it on for my 2 1/2 mile walk around the neighborhood yesterday too. No no gloves, walking with hands in pockets is a pain so that's was a No too. I did not try to hide them but I don't think anyone noticed.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Laurie

Quote from: ElizabethK on May 11, 2017, 03:46:17 AM
Embarrassingly that is exactly what I did minus the saran wrap...didn't work. I did go to my first appointment with half my face covered  and wow did I hurt because I didn't have it on long enough or thick enough and over too big an area...As a suggestion Pick a spot to put some Emla cream on maybe the circumference of a cup... put your Emla cream on this area and your Electrologist can then work in the numb area if you are not so happy when she treats an area without the cream...I would do a couple of spots and then you will also know if it is worth the hassle and cost(Emla cream) by the amount of discomfort you have with and without the cream. Laurie I am in the minority and there are really good medical reason why I am sensitive to Electrolysis so the chances are you will tolerate it really well.

Miss Liz,

Thanks are in order once again for your tips. I sent a message to my doctor asking about EMLA and/or his suggestions. I should get an answer fairly soon. I will surely try a non treated area to experience the real feel. I believe I do pretty good with pain and have a high tolerance but I could be wrong. I'll be finding out next Thursday.

Thank you Ointment Queen,
Hugs,
   Truck

•  

Laurie

Quote from: KathyLauren on May 11, 2017, 06:30:50 AM
Something that really helps me (in addition to Emla, Advil and Tylenol) is to bring music with headphones.  I need something that I can really get my head into.  So far, Bach, BB King and Jimi Hendrix have worked well for me.  If I get really into the music, the zaps on my face feel like they are happening in another room, and that's good.

Thank you Kathy,

I will bring my mp3 player with my audio book on it in with me and see if it helps. Can I suggest some Beethoven or Tchaikovsky? Two that I enjoy listening to when I'm in the mood for classical music. Bach and Hendrix are good to but the Doors , Who, or Cream might be my choices too.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Charley on May 11, 2017, 07:35:13 AM
You can get a good 5% lidocaine cream from Amazon. I am using this one. If i leave it on for 90 minutes covered with saran wrap the numbing will last a bit over an hour. Amazon delivers it in 2 days.
Hi Charley
Thank you for the suggestion, I will certainly keep that in mind. At the moment I'm waiting for an answer from my doctor on EMLA cream or another suggestion from him.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

jentay1367

Dangit, I gotta pay for nails that look like that! Nice manicure, Laurie!
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: RandyL on May 11, 2017, 09:23:29 AM
Hey Laurie, I just want to congratulate and support you in your embrace of your transition. Just compare the ease with which you reported these past few outings to your agony posts of a few weeks ago. You're doing great! Love Randy

Hi Randy,

Funny you should say that... It hasn't been all that easy, easier yes but... Just yesterday evening after talking to the electrologist I was starting to get that overwhelmed feeling again. I was feeling too many things too fast. If I let myself think about all I am now doing and what is in the works.. OMG! Yes, I am starting to think I can soon be going out without changing to appointments, checking the mail, or even for walks... I'm wanting more hrt meds. I now have electrolysis beginning and am waiting for a speech therapist to call and discus voice training. My gender therapy. And then there is manicures, makeovers, wig shopping going round and round in my head...
  Too much, too fast... Laurie, just stop it, just do it.
  Then there are periodic visit from them pesky squirrels to throw a monkey wrench into things.

Thanks again Randy but sometimes I'm no so sure I'm doing all that well.
Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Laurie

Quote from: jentay1367 on May 11, 2017, 09:41:57 AM
And so it begins. Welcome to the club sweetie. Happy to have you along! Misery loves company

If anyone tells you it hurts, they're lying. It hurts like hell. :laugh: :laugh:

Hi Jen,

It's nice to see you commenting around here again. I've missed you. btw I miss your pretty avatar too, Not sure what this avatar is all about but I'm sure you have your reasons.

I like your comment. No sugar coating from you, Ugh ugh you tell it like it is a little bluntly perhaps but but echoing what others have been saying with a little sweetener to keep from scaring me away. LOL

Thank you Jen,
Hugs,
   Laurie