Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Here I go again :-(

Started by JeanetteLW, March 10, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Now Ms. Jayne you wouldn't slap your elder would you?

I'm glad you were able to work out of your depression. I'm not so sure about mine.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Roll

~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Laurie on January 10, 2018, 10:05:50 PM
Now Ms. Jayne you wouldn't slap your elder would you?
Physical age is irrelevant. Just because you are senior to me in years doesn't mean I wouldn't slap you if you've earned it.

I'm glad you were able to work out of your depression. I'm not so sure about mine.

Hugs,
  Laurie
I believe in you. Start by reading some of the things you write when you offer your support to others and then apply it to yourself. You are capable of great empathy and compassion, while not being afraid to speak your mind, I know because I have been at the receiving end of it and thank you for your support. You are an amazing friend to others, be a friend to Laurie, she is a pretty awesome gal.

Jayne
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Laurie on January 10, 2018, 10:02:34 PM
Stephanie, Stephanie,  ::) Stephanie,

I knew I should have started another paragraph.  Please note the division and highlighting in the two statements below. Also please note that I am not reneging on my stated commitment either.

Stephanie sad.  :'(

Naw, I get it. You'll get here some day. Or I'll have to go there. A slap doesn't take up much room in the luggage. How I'm going to pack the fridge, I don't know.

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Roll on January 10, 2018, 10:12:07 PM
Professional opinion, would it be too much if I went with the pink rectangle frames (https://www.zennioptical.com/p/womens-acetate-plastic-rectangle-eyeglass-frames/44237?skuId=4423719)?

I don't know Ellie. You may be able to rock those but outside of the color they don't appear very girly to me. I think you you would be better served by a pair the look a little more stylish maybe a bit of sparkle on the ear pieces. But then again you are young and I'm not I have no idea what a younger lady considers stylish these days and for you that is probably an important consideration. Get out to a mall and take note of what the other young ladies are wearing. I'm old enough that the only one I need to impress is myself.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Jayne01 on January 10, 2018, 10:18:11 PM

I believe in you. Start by reading some of the things you write when you offer your support to others and then apply it to yourself. You are capable of great empathy and compassion, while not being afraid to speak your mind, I know because I have been at the receiving end of it and thank you for your support. You are an amazing friend to others, be a friend to Laurie, she is a pretty awesome gal.

Jayne

Awww shucks Jayne, Thank you. :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 10, 2018, 10:29:39 PM
Stephanie sad.  :'(

Naw, I get it. You'll get here some day. Or I'll have to go there. A slap doesn't take up much room in the luggage. How I'm going to pack the fridge, I don't know.

(It will (happen), Stephanie. (I) did promise you it would. I just have some umm issues to handle and clear a long enough (hole in my) schedule. You know how I enjoy my (facial torture, therapy) and medical appointments.)

(Hugs,
     Laurie)

•  

Jayne01

You also love your (parenthesis). [emoji12]

(Jayne)
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

p

Laurie, believe it or not I do think the detachment from the negative feelings are a good sign. But please do not take my word for it--discuss with your therapist as they are most qualified. Of course I remain your #1 fan! And all these would-be slappers are gonna have to come through me first!  :laugh: I love you too, girl!  :-* I can't wait to see you in your new specs.

Speaking of glasses, I like those pink ones, Ellie. Zenni does have lots of cute pink frames if you decide you want to try a different shape. The rectangle shape is more unisex/masculine sometimes, although one reviewer on that pair did say that they are not quite straight across and have a little more of a cat-eye shape to them. What I ended up doing was going into a brick and mortar store to try glasses on, figure out which styles really suited my face, wrote down some numbers (glasses have measurements of how big the various pieces are printed on the temple arm, and that info makes comparing with online shops easier), and then ordered a pair online at a more affordable price.

Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Roll on January 10, 2018, 10:12:07 PM
Professional opinion, would it be too much if I went with the pink rectangle frames (https://www.zennioptical.com/p/womens-acetate-plastic-rectangle-eyeglass-frames/44237?skuId=4423719)?

You could make that work so easy and the colour is great!! Go for it

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Jayne01 on January 10, 2018, 10:18:11 PM
I believe in you. Start by reading some of the things you write when you offer your support to others and then apply it to yourself.

Jayne

Jayne have you been listening in to Laurie and I chatting  :D ...I could have sworn I said this to her before but we do "talk funny" down here so maybe she missed it?  :o  ;D

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: ElizabethK on January 11, 2018, 06:04:52 PM
Jayne have you been listening in to Laurie and I chatting  :D ...I could have sworn I said this to her before but we do "talk funny" down here so maybe she missed it?  :o  ;D

Liz
No I haven't been listening, but Laurie can be stubborn when it comes to being kind to herself. Makes me want to shake her sometimes. [emoji15] The shake would be followed by a hug or maybe a slap if she has earned one.

As far as "talking funny"......whatever do you mean? I know that I speak perfectly without any accent at all. [emoji56] It must be the kiwi coming out in you that makes Laurie think all us Aussies speak funny. [emoji41]

Jayne
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Jayne01 on January 11, 2018, 06:14:05 PM
No I haven't been listening, but Laurie can be stubborn when it comes to being kind to herself. Makes me want to shake her sometimes. [emoji15] The shake would be followed by a hug or maybe a slap if she has earned one.

As far as "talking funny"......whatever do you mean? I know that I speak perfectly without any accent at all. [emoji56] It must be the kiwi coming out in you that makes Laurie think all us Aussies speak funny. [emoji41]

Jayne

Come on now, be serious!!!!!

We all know that you talk funny because you're standing upside down - just go flush the loo and see which way the water goes, duh fer sure. :laugh:
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Laurie

Again my thoughts got the best of me after reading some posts in another thread. That is where I penned this reply and then thought better of posting it there. As you will see it wasn't appropriate in anyone's thread but this one. This is the kind of thing I find myself writing in a reply only to delete it and move on or try again. Sometimes, okay quite a few times, my head is not a good place to be.

"Halfway through... Life" "1/3 ..life remaining"
"I wanted to live it as myself." "will be on my terms"
"self-acceptance"

(These are quotes from a few posts in another thread. Just things that triggered my thoughts below.)

Ah Life. It is nice to feel you have a future. Time taken for granted. Time left to do things. For myself I feel I am already living on borrowed time. I am 2 1/2 years past my last life expectancy estimate, and at Least 4 years past the one before. So by the implication of those posts I should hurry to be who I want to be, and yet I'm not. Instead I have more of a why bother or a it doesn't matter when I'm not wanting it to come to an end.
  Then there's that second line. They are good too. They show determination to achieve your personal goals. Drive to become who you are inside. I find myself coasting, doing what I already started yes, but the drive has shut off. My goals lost in this mire called depression. I no longer really care about them. Again they don't matter.
  And that brings us to the last thing Self acceptance. I don't need to go into detail, you've heard it all before. If I were to get past those first two lines I would still have to deal with self acceptance and it's is there I am stuck, stymied, stalemated. I can't get past that one. To do that I would have to at least like myself and that I cannot do. My therapist wants me to say things I cannot say because it's not true. Again it doesn't matter anyway because I haven't gotten past those  first two. I keep hearing and thinking "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica in my head.

•  

Roll

There's nothing profound I can tell you that you haven't heard from people far more experienced than I, but maybe I can offer this...

(Forgive me for the roundabout lead up. I don't want to get bogged down with details, but at the same time I feel like there is a certain level of information in order to convey things properly.)

My mother was a romantic. Also, despite being extremely intelligence, she was extraordinarily naive and innocent. She literally viewed the world as if it was a Disney movie. (Complete with strange ideas about what animals do when we aren't around. I once spent the better part of an hour trying to explain that my cat wasn't going to visit a girlfriend when he went outside in a Lady and the Tramp type scenario.) When she met my dad, it was like a storybook romance to her. Things proceeded how those stories usually do, complete with tragedies overcome along the way. Deaths of friends and family, my dad being sent to Vietnam while my older brother was a newborn. But throughout it all, that sense of old fashioned boy meets girl romance maintained. I've been told a million wonderfully happy stories as well as of countless hardships. To skip a few decades in the name of brevity, one day my dad informs her he is having and affair and wants a divorce. She... did not see that coming. At all. Like... not even the tiniest little bit. Her faith in him and in the story had been absolute. I led up to this in such a manner to show that, while few divorces are pleasant, because of who my mom was as a person, this was very much an extreme.

She made her first attempt to take her own life shortly after. And not a cry for help attempt, she genuinely believed she was doing the right thing and that if that was happening it was because of her and that everyone else was better off without her. Suffice to say, I and my brothers and the countless people who viewed her as all but a living saint did not see it that way. And as the use of the word first implies, the attempts continued. Thankfully it turned out she wasn't very good at committing suicide, and I do not mean that in a glib sense in the slightest.

She spent the remaining years of her life in a state very reminiscent of the one you described here.
On the first line... She thought she was too old to start dating or make new friends, and didn't really have a desire to try. (In her mind, her marriage was until death, even if by any even religious standard because of my dad's actions she was no longer bound by marriage vows.) Beyond that, she didn't believe she had anything in the future to look forward to at all. (Her one big thing in that regard was she worried about me since I was still dependent on her, but that's not exactly the same as hope for the future.)
On the second line... She said a number of times that this was not how she wanted to live, nor ever remotely envisioned spending the rest of her life. Her life was certainly not on her own terms.
And the third line... self-acceptance... well, she was always still convinced that it was all her fault, and she never really did make peace with that.

Yet... despite all of that, she kept going. She never did reconcile those three issues, but yet she still managed to live and actually begin to live fairly happily, more and more as time passed. Not in the way she wanted to be, not with the person she wanted to be happy with, and not at peace with herself. And despite it all, when she did pass away, while she accepted she was dying she no longer wanted to die. It confused her after everything else that came before that she could want to not just survive, but truly live.

Maybe those three things are important. But at the same time, maybe they aren't a prerequisite to truly living.

I don't know what all of this means in the context of what you are going through, I don't even begin to assume that it helps in the slightest... I don't know anything basically except that I know I don't anything. But I couldn't help but think of all of this while reading your post, and I felt that if there is even a tiny fraction of a chance this does mean anything, it was worth saying.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Laurie

Thank you for your thoughts Ellie. I'm sorry your Mom has passed away and more so that she had to live without finding a solution to her feelings. As I said in another post I had hoped my cancer had returned so I could die without shame or blame. It or something like it would still be welcome. I'm not thinking of doing it myself for now at any rate, if that matters.

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: Laurie on January 12, 2018, 09:57:33 PM
  Again my thoughts got the best of me after reading some posts in another thread. That is where I penned this reply and then thought better of posting it there. As you will see it wasn't appropriate in anyone's thread but this one. This is the kind of thing I find myself writing in a reply only to delete it and move on or try again. Sometimes, okay quite a few times, my head is not a good place to be.

"Halfway through... Life" "1/3 ..life remaining"
"I wanted to live it as myself." "will be on my terms"
"self-acceptance"

(These are quotes from a few posts in another thread. Just things that triggered my thoughts below.)

Ah Life. It is nice to feel you have a future. Time taken for granted. Time left to do things. For myself I feel I am already living on borrowed time. I am 2 1/2 years past my last life expectancy estimate, and at Least 4 years past the one before. So by the implication of those posts I should hurry to be who I want to be, and yet I'm not. Instead I have more of a why bother or a it doesn't matter when I'm not wanting it to come to an end.
  Then there's that second line. They are good too. They show determination to achieve your personal goals. Drive to become who you are inside. I find myself coasting, doing what I already started yes, but the drive has shut off. My goals lost in this mire called depression. I no longer really care about them. Again they don't matter.
  And that brings us to the last thing Self acceptance. I don't need to go into detail, you've heard it all before. If I were to get past those first two lines I would still have to deal with self acceptance and it's is there I am stuck, stymied, stalemated. I can't get past that one. To do that I would have to at least like myself and that I cannot do. My therapist want me to says things I can say because it's not true. Again it doesn't matter anyway because I haven't gotten past those  first two. I keep hearing and thinking "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica in my head.
Laurie, the thread you are referring to is mine. If the recent post I made has triggered any kind of pain, I am deeply very sorry. I can't make it so you had not read it, what I can do is offer my support.

The three quotes you mentioned, may I suggest reversing the order.

Work on the self acceptance, that is a tough one, but once you work it out the other things kind of start falling into place on their own.

Living as yourself, on your own terms. Well, once you have accepted yourself, you will want to live as yourself on your own terms and you will find a way to make that happen.

And finally, however much of your life is remaining, with the self acceptance and living as yourself under control, the remaining time will be enjoyable and fulfilling. This is something my therapist and I actually talked about last week. I told her I am 45 and likely more than half way through my life. She said that when you live your life just going through the motions, life goes quickly because each day is like any other. When you are living a full life with a whole variety of experiences, life goes slower. I am already noticing that. It has only been a few months since I have really accepted myself and started taking steps to be the true me. Those few months have been a rich experience with many highs and some lows, but overall, that time seems like it has passed slower because each day was different.

I don't know how to help you accept yourself, I think that is something you need to work out on your own. I accept you as a good friend, who is always willing to put your own issues aside to offer support to others. Your gender is irrelevant, you are a good person. Whether you feel like a woman, a man or something in between doesn't change a thing. You are still you. That is something to be proud of.

Take care of yourself.

(((HUG)))

Jayne
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: Laurie on January 12, 2018, 09:57:33 PM
If I were to get past those first two lines I would still have to deal with self acceptance and it's is there I am stuck, stymied, stalemated. I can't get past that one. To do that I would have to at least like myself and that I cannot do.

Sweetie, I think that's the other way around. Before you can like yourself, you first have to accept yourself. Accept who you are as a person. The emotion is further down the road.

I know how much you're struggling with this, Laurie. From what you've told me, I can see why it's hard for you. The only thing really I can add to what I've already said privately is that... well... I understand a lot of how you're feeling. I've been to a lot of those places. And the self-hatred is very real, and very powerful. But self-acceptance is a different thing, imo. I didn't dislike myself any less when I'd accepted who I was. It didn't suddenly make everything better. But it did offer a shift in perspective and allow me to start questioning my feelings. To start to question a lot of the things I was blaming myself for. And that was a step on the road to... well... a better place.

For me it was not about being who I wanted to be, it was just understanding who I always was. And I think it may be the same for you, sweetie. You don't have to like that person, not yet, just understand and accept who she is. The rest will come when it comes.

*extra big hug*
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Laurie

Evening folks,

It is 6:17 pm. I've been up and online for about 12 hours. This morning this thread was towards the top of the first page of four on my recent posts since last login. I started at the bottom of page 4 and have just gotten to this thread at the bottom of page four. This site is active (meaning you people post too much).
   Anyway I made it here and have read your responses and thank you for them.

Yes Jane it was your thread where I wrote this. And now you know why I could not leave it there. It was your thread but not what you said in it, or rather not you alone. Those quotes came from different posts not yours alone. It was the references to life times left and lived and those other quotes too combined that triggered my thoughts. It was the aggregate of them not any one. The order I listed them in really didn't matter except for that was how my thoughts came out. My ramblings on each are my thoughts on them, yes, but the only thing that they all have in common are that none of them matter to me any more.

And Sephirah, You know what I think about what you have to say. You talk with your heart in every post you make. I know that you understand and I am sorry that you do. Still you hold hope out to everyone you talk to. You try to do that with me but I don't have hope. Whats worse I don't even want that hope you offer. I'm afraid what I want is an end. I just don't know when but I'll welcome it when it comes. In the mean time I try not to think too much about it but like the post above sometime it just comes out. Susan's gives me distraction. Something to do while I wait that keeps me from the hurt I feel. I feel broken beyond repair. I just want an end.

•