Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

How bad was your face after laser on day 2, 3 4?

Started by Just Mandy, March 24, 2008, 01:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kao

Im going for my 4th treatment next week and I have been a poster child for success according to my technician i have had about 80% reduction in 3 treatments but you need to remember it all comes down to personal acceptance of the treatment, hair colour, density, skin colour, sun exposure all play a part as does family heritage to how well the hair absorbs the laser.  Also freckles and moles can cause diffusion of the light so it wont be as effective and require more treatments.  Also check if they use laser or IPL they are different and IPL can be more painful and less effective.  Try and stay out of the sun for at least 2 weeks prior to treatment if you are in the sun use a good sunscreen as tan or darker skin is less receptive.  I only go red for 30-60 minutes after treatment and it settles if it gets hot and continues to heat up after the treatment has finished it could be the laser was to high on the output also if it is to low it can actually cause more facial hair to grow.  Everyone reacts differently so keep that in mind i use a aloe based gel on my skin 2-3 times a day or more for the first 3-4 days after then a mild  exfoliation scrub before showering once every 2 days from the 7th day onwards and my skin has never been better.  I 'shed' the dead hairs 8-10 days after treatment DO NOT pluck any hairs or it wont work

I hope all goes well for you
Kao
Labels and closets are for fashion, not people
Boxes are for items, not ideas
Moulds are for desserts, you arn't supposed to fit
Live life your own way
  •  

celine77.lb

i have tough beard the session itself was painful some spots and some better i already used home laser IPL device from philips it's slow very slow results but in my case thanx god i used it as i prepared myself for hard part, i felt also so cold i waited awhile before i leave the laser center, already it's January, after session directly i felt nothing, only a little bit burning but fast gone, my skin is very sensitive but it can take much conditions, my 3rd day because i have to go out i couldn't shave well it's super insensitive i think razors are bad shaving devices could be better but hate them because they are too manly, i tried body shave better for skin but not smooth because the skin is irritated and sensitive, i'm scared to do second session but no choice
  •  

Miss Lux

Had mine many many years ago.... back to almost normal after a few hours.... Put hydrocortisone cream 1% with aloe vera post laser.... Avoid d sun and wear sunscreen......
  •  

Abbiem

Quote from: celine77.lb on January 08, 2017, 01:47:57 AM
i have tough beard the session itself was painful some spots and some better i already used home laser IPL device from philips it's slow very slow results but in my case thanx god i used it as i prepared myself for hard part, i felt also so cold i waited awhile before i leave the laser center, already it's January, after session directly i felt nothing, only a little bit burning but fast gone, my skin is very sensitive but it can take much conditions, my 3rd day because i have to go out i couldn't shave well it's super insensitive i think razors are bad shaving devices could be better but hate them because they are too manly, i tried body shave better for skin but not smooth because the skin is irritated and sensitive, i'm scared to do second session but no choice

is it that painful?
  •  

Jacqueline

Quote from: celine77.lb on January 08, 2017, 01:47:57 AM

Welcome to the site.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Hope it becomes easier.

I also want to share some links with you. They are mostly welcome information and the rules that govern the site. If you have not had a chance to look through them, please take a moment to:

Things that you should read

Once again, welcome to Susan's. Look around, ask questions and join in.

With warmth,

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

Brooke

Definitely try moisturizer, possibly with aloe Vera. I was told laser basically creates a mild-moderate sunburn. Typically I've been good to go by day 4-5. If you have experience treating sunburns try the same thing that's worked for you to heal/ease the sunburn.

Good luck and hang tough. The end results are completely worth it! (That hasn't helped my second guessing during every laser and electrolysis session though!)

Hugs,
~Brooke~
  •  

Christine1

I will finish my 4th treatment tomorrow. My face is I guess extra sensitive to Lazor according to my tech. She said she has never see anyone face and neck get as swollen as mine. Everyone mileage will vary with this process. It's been one of the best things I have done so far. Except seeing a therapist.

Good luck to all. It's worth it.

Therapy 1-4-2017
  •  

lanah101

I am active duty Air Force and still have to adhere to male standards until. Clean shave everyday. Would you say 2 days was enough time to be able to shave? So if I have a treatment on Friday, I would be able to shave Monday morning. My PCM (primary care manager dr.) is very supportive so I am sure I can get a shaving waiver if needed.
  •  

Christine1

Hi lanah.   Brooke's answer kinda says it all. For Me by day 4 I'm also good to go. I just had My 4th this evening. So I am not going any place for the next few days. If You can get a waiver you may need it( never been in the military) so I'm not sure how that works. It takes a few weeks for the hair to finally fall out. give it about 24 hrs before You shave. Otherwise your then good to go girl!

((Hugs))

Therapy 1-4-2017
  •  

Brooke

Quote from: lanah101 on February 03, 2017, 07:40:01 PM
I am active duty Air Force and still have to adhere to male standards until. Clean shave everyday. Would you say 2 days was enough time to be able to shave? So if I have a treatment on Friday, I would be able to shave Monday morning. My PCM (primary care manager dr.) is very supportive so I am sure I can get a shaving waiver if needed.

I think two days would be enough time. After laser there is not really much growth over the next several days. Instead the hairs start purging (falling out) after a few days and up til two weeks after treatment. You should not see a ton of growth from dark hairs during this time.

Grey hairs will still grow at the same rate.

If you can share with a mild sunburn you should be able to shave anytime after laser, whether that's an hour or a couple days.

One thing to note is the follicles can tend to look darker, even after a clean shave. This is (I believe) to the expansion of the hair follicle during laser in combination with the hair still being under the skin at this point. Don't pluck,  as that leads to other nasty issues. Instead just exfoliate daily and let the hairs come out on their own.

You should have no issue shaving, but it may appear to be a 5 o'clock shadow with a clean shave for the first few day's. If someone was to put their hand on your face though, it would be as smooth as any other clean shaven morning.

Hugs,
~Brooke~
  •  

Angela Drakken

Laser, my skin responds very well too. Pre HrT I had no redness or discomfort. I just followed their instructions, and covered up or used sunscreen when outdoors. Even now, by my last laser session, post HRT, I have very minor redness, and it's gone after about a half hour. I still baby my skin afterwards though in the sun.

Electrolysis I had no experience with pre HRT, but POST, my skin gets VERY upset with me. Loads of swelling, super tender to the touch, redness lasts for HOURS, and on the actual follicles themselves, they remain a BRIGHT red for... a week+ easily. (Still a bit red but it's fading.)
  •  

Rachel_Christina

After an hour or two the redness is gone, this is real expensive place though.
Real pros, Every hair falls out a week after, I have had a serious reduction in only two sessions. Next appointement is Friday! :3

•  

LShipley

Quote from: ChristineRachel on February 04, 2017, 03:26:53 PM
After an hour or two the redness is gone, this is real expensive place though.
Real pros, Every hair falls out a week after, I have had a serious reduction in only two sessions. Next appointement is Friday! :3

^This!

After the 1st session they sent me home covered in a cream and the redness was gone after an hour. Tenderness remained for a couple days and the stubble would catch on shirts and hurt like hell but then it all fell out =D

The place I go to is extremely professional too! I received full face and am the ideal candidate with dark course hair and fair skin. It is a lifetime package so if anything ever shows later they will laser it. They go with 9 sessions planned... 5 to clear it and 4 sessions for the final touch-up. Mine came out to 6K with a session every 8 weeks with a large down payment plus a contract is required. No groupons lol. I started with electrolysis but it was so painful and took so long for my face to heal I was advised by someone else about the laser place I go to now. I ended up being far far happier with the laser results.
  •  

DawnOday

I am on about my tenth session of electrolysis because I have gray hair and that is the only way to get rid of it. Now half way done. yeah. It hurts, a lot. Misty asked me how I felt and I told her "Like a prick". It's kind of a double whammy because there is the initial prick followed by electric current. Then as if that were not enough, she pulls, the hair out after zapping it. I have to say though as far as lingering effects the redness usually dissipates on the 30 mile ride home. I use witch hazel to cool it down and it usually does a pretty good job of putting out the fire.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

MyMichele

I saw nothing more than a few red spots and my face overall looked like I was in the sun for a bit. This was with Gentlelase on light skin and dark hair.
  •  

Jacqueline

Quote from: MyMichele on March 09, 2017, 09:14:36 AM
I saw nothing more than a few red spots and my face overall looked like I was in the sun for a bit. This was with Gentlelase on light skin and dark hair.

So sorry this is so late. Welcome to the site. Thanks for sharing. Hope you find good info for yourself as well.

I also want to share some links with you. They are mostly welcome information and the rules that govern the site. If you have not had a chance to look through them, please take a moment:

Things that you should read

Once again, welcome to Susan's. Look around, ask questions and join in.

With warmth,

Joanna
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

Niki Knight

Its was my first appointment today, about 4 hours ago. Im very lucky with little hair on the cheeks and normally amounts else wear. I go to a place that specializes in patients that transition. Top of the line equipment. I had very little if any redness after wards. She did apply a moisturizer with sun screen after the session. No pain and just felt the sparking for lack of a better term. She was quite surprised and said I was a perfect candidate for laser. I will keep you posted to the results after a couple days.

In my case I worried for nothing and it was a breeze. About 25 mins in the chair.

Huggs Niki Marie
  •  

Niki Knight

Quote from: MyMichele on March 09, 2017, 09:14:36 AM

Hi MyMichele

Welcome to Susan's Place

Its a great resource and some wonderful people here. Enjoy!!

Huggs Niki Marie
  •  

Jacqueline

Niki,

Congratulations. I hope it continues as well.

With warmth,

Joanna
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

Niki Knight

Quote from: Joanna50 on March 21, 2017, 06:36:14 PM
Niki,

Congratulations. I hope it continues as well.

With warmth,

Joanna

Thx Joanna, me to. Fingers crossed.

Huggs Niki Marie
  •