Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Consultation:about surgery at Yeson Voice Center to'people what are singers and

Started by teo, April 03, 2018, 10:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teo

Hello I would like to hear audios of people who have performed this surgery in South Korea, especially of people who are dedicated to singing, for example I wanted to create my own thread, because I plan to carry out this process in the second week of April, I am a natural countertenor, bone not fake, I have a voice extension of mi3 (pode below the central do) being able to reach the mi6 doing exercises with scales of octave and a half in trill of lips, I have practiced the so-called vocal technique, Speech level singing  that helps to show the true capacity of the vocal cords without effort, I mean every human being is endowed for a minimum of 3 to 4 and a half octaves regardless of their classification, the limitations that we have rooted in our minds are due to the singing style lyric, which is not a technique but a singing style such as soul, jazz, pop, etc. I write this because it can serve more people.

I must say that the countertenor voice is the same contralto voice that occurs in both sexes naturally, if not now this title is awarded to the falsetists who are sometimes called sopranistas, that for me only a few really are sopranistas and not falsetists 4, which were tested and their vocal cords are smaller than the common man, bone naturally have the effect of castrato of yesteryear, the rest are fake. this shows that shortening the vocal cords increases the frequency or height, because they vibrate much faster.

talking to jessie the center girl yesonvc has told me that usually the person who undergoes this surgery, loses 4 to 5 tones in his chest record, but earns that same amount he loses in the chest record, what it gains in the head voice record, so the extension is still the same size but it moves, which would be logical when the vocal cords are shortened the height or tone (frequency) moves towards the acute register, which makes that our voice color changes, since it is the number of bass harmonics that we have in our voice extension that determines if our voice is voluminous (powerful) or not, because the acute or head tones are clear, and sharp, that's why the sopranos have a clear voice unlike the authentic contraltos that will have a heavy, doughy and dark voice.

In short I would like to hear current audios of singers who have performed this surgery in South Korea.

in my case jessie does not know that I am a countertenor, I have to clarify that I am not transgender I found this forum looking for opinions about the surgery performed in Korea, lei old post but the audios that several people shared months ago are no longer available to hear them

I thank the people who can give me their opinion about it.
  •  

kwala

If you are a "born countertenor" and already sing in a female range then what are you looking for with this surgery? To shift more of your upper range into full voice? To simply change the timbre?

I didn't have surgery at Yeson but had a similar procedure done in the states.  Prior to surgery I sang both tenor and countertenor. In my case, the surgeon created a web that was too large and has created a host of problems for me in the aftermath, including losing the ability to sing at all.  Before surgery, I had a soprano C6 and could even break into the flagelot register on a good day.  Now, I can basically hum super softly in a weak tenor range and that's it.

Now, I have seen Dr. Kim and I believe he is a much better surgeon with better technique and stronger results than my first surgeon.  That being said, if you are doing this for singing purposes I would say stop and really think about it. Despite high success rates, there are still risks and take it from someone who has missed singing every single day for the past 3 years: you don't want to lose the ability to sing.
  •  

teo

Quote from: kwala on April 05, 2018, 07:07:05 PM
If you are a "born countertenor" and already sing in a female range then what are you looking for with this surgery? To shift more of your upper range into full voice? To simply change the timbre?

I didn't have surgery at Yeson but had a similar procedure done in the states.  Prior to surgery I sang both tenor and countertenor. In my case, the surgeon created a web that was too large and has created a host of problems for me in the aftermath, including losing the ability to sing at all.  Before surgery, I had a soprano C6 and could even break into the flagelot register on a good day.  Now, I can basically hum super softly in a weak tenor range and that's it.

Now, I have seen Dr. Kim and I believe he is a much better surgeon with better technique and stronger results than my first surgeon.  That being said, if you are doing this for singing purposes I would say stop and really think about it. Despite high success rates, there are still risks and take it from someone who has missed singing every single day for the past 3 years: you don't want to lose the ability to sing.

kwala, thank you for your answers, well look you have to take into account two things, that when I speak of countertenor I speak of the true countertenor voice, not of the current meaning that there are where the falsetists are located, in fact the countertenor voice (contralto ) is the most acute voice of male voices, and the most serious of the female voices that can occur naturally in both sexes and is very scarce, in fact I am a choir singer, I have sung with women contraltos, you know a A voice that is authentically contralto in a woman is serious, dark, dense and pasty. unlike the soprano, as this voice has a greater number of bass harmonics or its chest record component is larger, while the natural disposition of the soprano are much greater component in head register + record of whistle, from there and the color and clear and sharp resonance that characterizes the voice of soprano, now keep in mind that it was decided that to call the adult man who had the same extension of voice that female contralto, call it with the old name (countertenor) because the timbre is different from the voice of a woman because for the woman because of her texture, resonance cavities and more delicate and soft tissues the timbre will sound different at a certain point. although in extension it has the same possibilities of frequency, for which the voice of a countertenor will never be feminine, unless it uses the falsetto, where it tries to change the timbre that usually comes determined so much by the harmonics, I mean all its registers or extension of voice, as per the resonance captions.

therefore my voice sounds sharp and at the same time pasty, but not feminine, and I really do not look for that, but what I'm looking for is more flexibility when it comes to singing, that is, increasing flexibility in the acute and high-pitched register.

now I bring something, many girls here have wondered that because they have no volume after their surgery, I think and I'm sure it's because they are so worried about sounding like girls who think it sounds like a whistle talking is the female standard, but nor the sopranos speak in a head voice, I have tried a lot with girls who sing and usually speak in their chest voice (spoken voice) without trying to use the head voice, because they must understand that the voice record that gives them power , body, volume, power is the voice of the chest, I do not mean that the head voice is weak, it is just that you must also learn to resonate in that register, and then create a mixture of both, and your voice will sound natural in those spoken voice notes, because if you try to sing or speak in notes that correspond to the average record with only a head voice, they will sound weak, lacking in volume, the voice will be off and more when there is a noisy environment.

I know because in the chorus I have known sopranos that had this problem, they did not know how to sound well in their head voice, and they did not use their chest voice either, so they could not have the mix, and this made their voice weak in certain notes.

kwala, now I think there is a girl who before the surgery with dr kim increased almost an octave in her head record, and also reached record of whistle, she sings, of course I think it is because many girls do not practice vocal technique Sometimes they do not see the changes as much as they would like, because small strings will always produce an area for head registration.

I appreciate your appreciation and your comment, I wanted to hear the song of that girl: Anjaq, also that of: Dana88, and others who have done the surgery and are dedicated to singing. but the audios that they have published are not available

Regarding Dana I saw this video:

but I do not know if she is the one who sings, because I see another person but the video was uploaded by her, and as I understand it, she dedicates herself to singing.

As I said before, one thing is the countertenors, another thing the sopranistas that are only 4 in the world, and another thing the falsetists who often call them countertenors or sometimes sopranistas

As I said before my trip is this Saturday in Korea, I practice speech level singing, but I want to get more agile as far as I can, the time is not for my problem, it can always be used musically.

Later on I'll share audios making scales

unfortunately no people have gone to Korea answering, I wanted to know also what foods can be eaten there before and after the surgery, if you can eat solid food?

Respect, to the song in my communication with yesonvc say that their procedure does not remove the ability of singing, that only return in about 1 year, if you work the technique of singing, so ask about the people who had this procedure, because According to I read in an old post there are several girls who sing, after the surgery
  •  

kwala

I don't mean to speak for Dana, don't know if she still posts here, but there was a public YouTube video of her singing a Janice Joplin tune, "A Woman Left Lonely" and I seem to remember her belting quite high, C5 if I remember correctly. I don't know if it's still up and I also don't know what happened regarding her head voice register but still worth a YouTube search to see what can happen if things go well.  To me, her singing voice sounded somewhat gender neutral (speaking voice was 100% feminine).  Of course that was a long time ago so who knows how she has developed.
  •  

teo

Quote from: kwala on April 05, 2018, 11:08:59 PM
I don't mean to speak for Dana, don't know if she still posts here, but there was a public YouTube video of her singing a Janice Joplin tune, "A Woman Left Lonely" and I seem to remember her belting quite high, C5 if I remember correctly. I don't know if it's still up and I also don't know what happened regarding her head voice register but still worth a YouTube search to see what can happen if things go well.  To me, her singing voice sounded somewhat gender neutral (speaking voice was 100% feminine).  Of course that was a long time ago so who knows how she has developed.

kwala, thanks again for answering, you are very kind, preecisely for what you mention, is that I wanted to hear her sing, try to find videos on YouTube on her channel but there is only one video where her phonation is clearly feminine, but I have not heard any where sing because all the links are down, I would also like to hear the song of this girl: anjaq

this she wrote about her progress:

Yes, I had a range of 85-880 Hz pre OP. Now it seems to be 95-1300? So pre OP that was E2-A5 and now it is G2-G6 (I actually did a G6 yesterday for 2 seconds)

in itself, since I am a choir singer, I know that the proper vocal technique shows the true vocal capacity, with the exception of the bad technique that brings tension and vocal problems, now a person who does not practice vocal technique will never know the true reaches of his voice.

When they auditioned me for the first time, the person who did it had an absolute musical ear, you told me you are a countertenor, I already knew my worst note on the piano, and he told me you can only go down here, but you do not know where You can reach ascending, that person explained to me, your vocal capacity is there, only that by not knowing how to emit your high notes your voice extension seems shorter, I could only emit an octave.

Then I realized that the problem is the mechanism as we try to emit our voice.
  •  

Dena

The link you posted wasn't sung by Dana88 however for a while she had a link up where she sung. She was still in her first year after surgery so I am not sure that her voice was in it's final form but the link was among one of the last posts she made on this site. Unfortunately the link was vocaroo so the recording has timed out.
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,192899.msg1752661.html#msg1752661
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Jessica

Hi Teo 🙋‍♀️ Welcome to Susan's Place!  I'm Jessica. 

I see your new here, so I'll post some links that may help you get better acquainted with the site. Pay attention to the site rules they can be of great help and don't forget the link highlighted red.  It has answers to questions that are commonly asked.  Then join in on a topic you find interesting and learn and share.

Please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to tell the members about yourself!

Things that you should read

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

teo

Quote from: Dena on April 05, 2018, 11:58:51 PM
The link you posted wasn't sung by Dana88 however for a while she had a link up where she sung. She was still in her first year after surgery so I am not sure that her voice was in it's final form but the link was among one of the last posts she made on this site. Unfortunately the link was vocaroo so the recording has timed out.
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,192899.msg1752661.html#msg1752661

Dena, thank you for your kind answers, if as you say I've been looking at old posts about yesonv, and the links shared by these successful girls who are dedicated to singing are fallen or not available.

Also thank you Jessica for your suggestions.
  •  

Dena

Not may of us have the talent to sing outside the shower and for those of us who can, few have had voice surgery. I only considered voice surgery because even with therapy I was only able to hit a mid range male voice. While I wanted the ability to sing and that determined the type of surgery I had, I stopped singing when I went through puberty and I suspect my ability to carry a tune would inflict pain on others. Voice surgery isn't a sure thing and I always advise if you need it, don't risk it. From what I understand even Yeson has had patients who weren't happy with their surgery however there have been many who are happy with their results.  If your interested, this is my voice thread and my post surgical voice samples can be found on Dr Haben's web site labeled as the 64 year old voice.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

teo

Quote from: Dena on April 06, 2018, 08:41:18 AM
Not may of us have the talent to sing outside the shower and for those of us who can, few have had voice surgery. I only considered voice surgery because even with therapy I was only able to hit a mid range male voice. While I wanted the ability to sing and that determined the type of surgery I had, I stopped singing when I went through puberty and I suspect my ability to carry a tune would inflict pain on others. Voice surgery isn't a sure thing and I always advise if you don't it, don't risk it. From what I understand even Yeson has had patients who weren't happy with their surgery however there have been many who are happy with their results.  If your interested, this is my voice thread and my post surgical voice samples can be found on Dr Haben's web site labeled as the 64 year old voice.

ok thank you Dena, I'll take a look, I think also that the success of any surgery is small or large, is the care we have as patients after this procedure, the surgeon can make a masterpiece but if we do not follow indications will not be seen the results that we should see and more, when people are not dedicated to practice singing, is to know that the range of any person with a voice not properly trained can be as short as an octave, and when you use the right vocal technique then you can get from 3 to 4 octaves and a half, there are people who have extensions up to 5 and 6 octaves, exceptional cases, at least the vocal technique that I mentioned before the practical one gets this in any voice, if practiced properly, provided that have healthy vocal cords.

Later I will share audios of my current exercises doing the trill of lips with scales of 1 octave ascending and descending, that exercise is really good to extend your range and reach your true vocal range.

I recommend the taking of type 2 collagen with hyaluronic acid + magnesium + vitamin c, every day this helps to keep the device healthy
  •  

teo

kwala Thanks for the message, but even though I see your message, I can not see the link you sent me, and I write here because I do not get the option to respond to you by private message

If you want tell me and send me the link to an email?

oh I read right now that it is against the rules to provide emails, in the message that you have sent me I can only see the text of what you say the rest of the content or the link I can not see, I can not answer the message I do not know why?
  •  

Dena

You were given a set of the greeting links several posts above this. The link in red will tell you that certain features are disable until you reach 15 posts. This is part of the process we use to protect our members from those who would come here to do harm to our members.
  •  

teo

Quote from: Dena on April 06, 2018, 08:30:57 PM
You were given a set of the greeting links several posts above this. The link in red will tell you that certain features are disable until you reach 15 posts. This is part of the process we use to protect our members from those who would come here to do harm to our members.

ok, thanks Dena for your kindness, I understand what you say, I know that there are a lot of malicious people on the internet, I have to tell you that the thread you created about your voice, I managed to see some information that if I'm not wrong, you shared with me or someone else about vocal technique, I was watching those videos that are active in that link, and Dena I think that in a certain sense what they teach has to do with the technique that I mentioned before, although it has some demonstration and conceptual errors when saying that the falsetto is the voice of head, although I also understand that it would be easier for some people to understand the falsetto as a poorly trained voice, even if it is not the same. because the emission mechanism is not the same. Dena I was looking at your pos. in that sense, some links are down.
well also thanks to kwala I was able to find the information just as you suggested.

•  

Dena

I agree that the head voice and falsetto are different voices however even using a falsetto I still was unable to generate sufficient pitch. I played around with the falsetto shortly before surgery and found it unsatisfactory. As for the links being down, Photo Bucket changed it's policy and destroyed many of the threads on this site. The audio links time out after a few months and that's why I referred you to Dr Haban's site.
  •