News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Tattoos

Started by Lily.Arwen, October 18, 2016, 05:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lily.Arwen

I have bit of a conundrum.

On one hand, part of me likes the idea of a sophisticated and smart but not over the top style.

Like this

https://www.longtallsally.com/tops/a-line-turtle-hanky-hem-top-07M52/p?option=07M52TEA

Also I like wearing a dress and a skirt occasionally. But generally to be a well dressed lady who looks smart, sophisticated, and respectable.

On the other, I want tattoos and to show them off. Sleeveless tops and leather high heel boots. I do not know how to balance these different aesthetics.

The other issue.

Right now I rarely go out as a woman. I have had no medical treatment. I personally do not care for tattoos on a male body. Is it strange that I would only consider getting tattoos after some progress in the transition process?

Or am I doing myself a disservice by waiting?

If anyone says "don't get tattoos" that's fine and I respect that opinion, but it is my body, and I don't want to argue with someone who I otherwise might get on well with .

Lily.
:icon_love: :icon_love: I like boots  ;)
  •  

Elis

I don't have tattoos myself but have wanted some for ages and have done my research about them (best placement, different styles, best artists etc).

I think you can look smart and sophisticated with tattoos. We're taught by society that people with lots of tattoos look dirty and unkempt.  As long as the tattoo is done by a really good artist then it'll look like art and IMO that'll add to you looking sophisticated and beautiful in something like that top. Not detract from it.

And I don't think you're doing yourself a disservice by waiting. If you're not comfortable having a tattoo now it's best to wait. And depending how much muscle you have if you get a tattoo now and take estrogen; it may ruin the look of the tattoo as you lose the muscle.
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

Jin

It's kinda permanent. Wait until you are SURE!
Pick a classy design that will still look good in 20 years after the ink bleeds.
Put it somewhere that you can cover or show as the occasion requires.
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.
  •  

Lily.Arwen

Of course. I have been thinking about it for a decade or more
  •  

Lily.Arwen

Quote from: Elis on October 18, 2016, 06:21:46 AM
I don't have tattoos myself but have wanted some for ages and have done my research about them (best placement, different styles, best artists etc).

I think you can look smart and sophisticated with tattoos. We're taught by society that people with lots of tattoos look dirty and unkempt.  As long as the tattoo is done by a really good artist then it'll look like art and IMO that'll add to you looking sophisticated and beautiful in something like that top. Not detract from it.

And I don't think you're doing yourself a disservice by waiting. If you're not comfortable having a tattoo now it's best to wait. And depending how much muscle you have if you get a tattoo now and take estrogen; it may ruin the look of the tattoo as you lose the muscle.

I do not have a great amount of muscle! More fat really haha
  •  

Inarasarah

So I have 5 tattoos, all done post transition.  All I can say is do what makes you happy.  Don't worry about others.  If I wear a short skirt or just shorts then everyone can see the Sugar Skulls on the back of my calves.  I love this. 

Now I do hang out with a crowd that tends to be more heavily tattooed, so to me it is sexy.  Of course YMMV, but if you really want it, get it and make sure it is what you want.  I will be getting another within a year, just because :)
  •  

big kim

Despite being an HD Sportster rider into punk & metal I've never had any. Would like some but haven't got round to it. As with most things in life you get what you pay for, there's a reason a Mercedes or Cadillac costs more than a VW or Chevy. Check out a tattoo you like on a person, ask where they had it done then check the shop out. Are they clean & registered with the health authority?
  •  

Megan.

I'll be hitting forty this year and also going full-time, so I'm planning to get my first ink to mark the event(s). I'm going to a tattoo festival later this month to scope things out and find an artist whose style I like.
  •  

Nina_Ottawa

I have 7 tattoos:
First one is a butterfly win the words "Nina is Free." This was my very first one while I was undergoing sessions with a gender therapist.
2nd one: Only God can judge me on my left forearm
3rd: Believe! On my left hand
4th: on right wrist: Gen. 1-31 this is a reference to the Bible...which translates to "God saw all that he made...and it was good"
5th: right foot - She flies with her own wings
6th: puppy paw prints
7th: flower
  •  

Inarasarah

my 5 are:

- interlaced grape vine covering my right shoulder
- vine and leaves wrapping around my left ankle extending down my foot
- wolf's head on my left scapula
- green sugar skull on my left calf (this one made the artist portfolio) :)
- lady's face with blue-hued sugar skull makeup on my right calf

My left arm will be next, but I am planning on writing a series of short stories and i want the tattoo to be representative of the story, so i still have work to do to flush out the story
  •  

Veda

Quote from: Lily.Arwen on October 18, 2016, 05:41:09 AM
Also I like wearing a dress and a skirt occasionally. But generally to be a well dressed lady who looks smart, sophisticated, and respectable.

On the other, I want tattoos and to show them off. Sleeveless tops and leather high heel boots. I do not know how to balance these different aesthetics.

A nice tribal armband can work very well. Covers easily when being sophisticated, comes out with the sleeveless tops and high heel boots.
  •  

ghostbees

I really want to get the letter Q on my neck surrounded by computer code as a tribute to Q from sky fall [emoji108][emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Loki's playing tricks again ::)
  •  

Angela Drakken

Got my first one yesterday. I dont really care what 'signals' it sends, be that masculine or feminine. I plan to get many more finances permitting lol

•