Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Hiiii. Introducing myself. :)

Started by kindou, March 26, 2017, 12:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kindou

Hiya! I just wanted to introduce myself here. I just found this site and am looking for some people to talk about and maybe make some friends. Guess this is where I should talk about myself so be warned that I'm a pretty bad writer also I apologize if I say anything bad or things im not supposed to.

My name is Pia. (I totally have a lame username lol xd) i live in canada and have lived here my entire life. I'm kind of sad I can't have a profile pic yet but ill get there some day. So my story is not the most interesting. I always felt like I was born as the wrong gender. When I was a little kid I liked to play with dolls and would wear my sisters clothes when I was home alone. My family was pretty religious and I used to pray to God that I would wake up as the woman I want to be. Alas nowadays i am not religious at all, probably because of those times. I remember reading about it online while in elementary school. However my family was quite homophobic so I kind of just suppressed it.
I spent the next 10 or so years suffering from severe depression, resulting in multiple trips to hospitals and all sorts of psychiatrist visits. My sanctuary was video games. I got quite good at the games and put all my time into it. I didn't have many friends and spent most of my time hiding from the world.

That was my life till last year. I was at the lowest i ever was. I won't write about how bad it got. But eventually I just broke down at a psychiatrist appointment and said my inner secret and fainted in the office. Woke up and then things started to turn around

I joined a Trans support group in the area and started talking about it with my psychiatrists. Things were suddenly looking up. I was feeling better about myself and moved along with it in private until I was able to build the strength to start coming out. Overall, my experience coming out was amazing. So many people were so nice about it that it didn't take long for me to start full time. I knew a bit about make up and bought prosthetic bra and lots of clothes. And started hormones thanks to my family doctor.

Now my whole life has changed around. I am a fairly active member in the support group and a full time university student. I am not the best student since I'm still struggling to deal with some old habits. I am much happier than I have ever been. Looking to be finishing my second year with a class or 2 this summer before my srs.

The big thing that has given me problems as a woman is my body/facial hair and my genitals. I got my own laser hair removal machine which I intend to use quite religiously :P i will probably make a topic about my plans and stories about srs that I plan to do soon.

Soooo anyway thats my story. No idea how my writing is or if i did something I shouldn't have. Buuuut anyways. Hi! :P would love to talk to people. I am kind of very shy but silly when I am comfortable.
Thanks for taking the time to read this! -Pia :)
  •  

Raelynn

Welcome Pia!

There's lots of info on here to absorb, so get to it!

sent via fax machine

•  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. We have had several reports on home laser units and their results are questionable. Facial hair is more difficult to remove than body hair so a professional medical unit produces better results. Something else to consider is that damage to the facial skin is very visible so it's best to leave treatment of that area to a professional as they are more knowledgable about avoiding damage to the skin. I know it's expensive but I am glad that there is no visible sign of my beard being removed. I was fortunate that I didn't have body hair so no treatment was required below the neck.

We issue to all new members the following links so you will best be able to use the web site.

Things that you should read

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Trisha Mills

Hi Pia

im trisha welcome to family if you have any questions this is the place to ask them :)
  •  

V M

Hi Pia  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's Place  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

JeanetteLW

Hi Pia,

I am sorry I am so late unofficially welcoming you to Susan's place. I was bust feeling sorry for myself. :-( I know it's not a very good excuse but it's all I've got.  Whew now where were we? Oh yeah I remember...

Hi (waving) I'm Jeanette. I'm 64, mtf, on HRT and self appointed unofficial greeter fro Susan's Place. Yup, I said unofficial greeter. I leave the official greetings to the admins and moderators. I see you have already met some of them. (pssst they really aren't bad people, but they do have jobs to do)  I see you came in already and found my seat. No no you stay right there. I'll just use Devlyn's she's not here atm. Did you get a soda? coffee? tea? water? Oh poo I'm afraid that's all we have to offer. ( I could swear I've seen Dena sneak in a bottle of wine though.)
   You're so young... not an old fart like me (sigh) but that can be a really good thing for you now you've been doing HRT. And already planning your SRS. We are really glad you found us and i hope you will stick around and become part of the family. Well I'm rambling again so i will stop. (about time isn't it?)

Welcome Pia and hugs,
   Jeanette
  •  

Dena

Quote from: JeanetteLW on March 27, 2017, 09:45:40 PM
( I could swear I've seen Dena sneak in a bottle of wine though.)
Nope. There are two bottle of Gelenlivet, half a large bottle of vodka and two bottles of beer in the refrigerator. They have been there unused for a bit over 4 years now.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: Dena on March 27, 2017, 10:29:53 PM
Nope. There are two bottle of Gelenlivet, half a large bottle of vodka and two bottles of beer in the refrigerator. They have been there unused for a bit over 4 years now.

Ooops Sorry Dena . Sounds like you've sworn off like me.  I still buy beer but it's for my sister.

Now who was that with the wine?.... Oh I know!  It was Michelle! Yeah that was who it was Michelle, wine and chocolate, yup Michelle for sure. I think she was celebrating her face or something like that.
Sorry , you know the old mind ain't what it used to be.

Hugs,
   Jeanette
  •  

Dena

Quote from: JeanetteLW on March 27, 2017, 10:39:37 PM
Ooops Sorry Dena . Sounds like you've sworn off like me.  I still buy beer but it's for my sister.

Now who was that with the wine?.... Oh I know!  It was Michelle! Yeah that was who it was Michelle, wine and chocolate, yup Michelle for sure. I think she was celebrating her face or something like that.

Hugs,
   Jeanette
I have never drank. That's left over and the only house guests I have had in the last 4 years didn't drink either. One of these day, I need to fine a good home for the Glenlivet as that stuff isn't cheap.
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: JeanetteLW on March 27, 2017, 10:39:37 PM

Hugs,
   Jeanette

Yeah, that's me.  Boozing it up with a glass of a nice Zinfandel every two weeks or so.  The rest of the bottle goes to guests or more often, into nice sauces or glazes while I'm cooking. 

I'm very careful about alcohol consumption.  I know what my liver function looks like, and am very aware of my family history :( .
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

kindou

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. :) Im gonna be trying my best to fit in. However I am a bit exceptionally quiet xD also in the midst of starting finals right away. Hoping to make posts about the surgery im planning. :P
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: kindou on March 28, 2017, 09:15:29 PM
Im gonna be trying my best to fit in. However I am a bit exceptionally quiet  Hoping to make posts about the surgery im planning. :P

Don't worry  Pia. You'll fit in just fine... Heck they let me in didn't they?  Okay... make up your mind are you a bit quiet or exceptionally quiet? You were just trying to confuse me right?

About this surgery.. You aren't planning to perform it yourself are you? That prolly wouldn't be a good idea/

Hugs,
   Jeanette
  •  

HappyMoni

Hi Pia,

Welcome and thanks for sharing your story. You also seem to have drawn our unofficial greeter out to play. Yea! People are very interested in helping on this site. It is a great place to learn, vent, or help others. My name is Moni. See ya around!
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •