Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Hello from Colorado Springs

Started by Jessica_Rose, March 28, 2017, 10:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

Hello everyone. My name is Jessica Rose, or at least that is what I hope it will be in a few years. I am not a great storyteller nor am I very eloquent, but here goes...

I started crossdressing in my early teens. I got caught a few times with female clothing in my room and my parent's were not very pleased. Since I did not have any sisters the situation was not easy to explain. Being caught always resulted in verbal and physical abuse. In the mid-1970's things like this were simply not discussed or deemed acceptable in my family.

I went to college and got married. I spent 12 years in the military. We had two awesome daughters and life was good. I was living up to the expectations everyone else had set. Still I was not truly happy. Although my wife accepted limited crossdressing I knew there was something deeper going on, but I could not figure it out.

Along came the internet, and now we had a world of information at our fingertips. I finally began to understand that my desires went much deeper than crossdressing. I realized that I wanted to be a female. Unfortunately this was still rare in the early 2000's. I knew my friends and family would never accept something like this so I gave up on the idea, but 'she' did not go away.

A few months ago I discovered Susan's Place. I began reading the stories of people in various stages of transition. I recognized myself in many of those stories - easily frustrated, quick to anger, and being unkind to those I love the most. The light finally came on. I realized that hiding my desire to become a woman was actually hurting the people I loved the most, my wife and daughters. On Dec 28 I decided it was time for me to live the rest of my life as the person I always wanted to be.

I started laser treatments for beard removal in early January. I have a moderate amount of grey that the laser won't get, so I started electrolysis a week later. My electrologist is amazing, and she is actually the first person I came out to. She made me feel comfortable and welcome. I have even dozed off a few times while she was working on me.

I early February I came out to my wife. She is understandably not very happy about it. I am still trying to explain things to her. We have been married a long time, and I made sure she knows that I want to spend the rest of my life with her.

On 23 March I had an appointment with a wonderful doctor. She has been working with transgender patients for over 15 years, and she made me feel at ease. She asked me several questions about my life and my feelings. By the time I left her office, my prescription for estradiol patches was on the way to my local pharmacy. That night I applied the first patch, and I realized my journey has finally begun.
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Rayna

Welcome Jessica Rose, from a fellow Colorado Springs denizen. Not as intolerant a place as everybody makes it out to be, I hope you have also found. Good luck with your relationship. It sounds like you have a reasonable start.

I hope to see you around sometime.
Cheers, Randy
If so, then why not?
  •  

Michelle_P

Jessica Rose, welcome to the site.  I think you will find others here with a similar background.  (I'm one, and there are many of us!). Starting HRT is a big step both for ourselves and our families.  Always keep in mind that as we transition, they are also transitioning to a new life with their 'new' parent and spouse. 

I hope you feel welcome here.

I also want to share some links with you. They are mostly welcome information and the rules that govern the site. If you have not had a chance to take a look, please take a moment to go through them.

Things that you should read

Once again, welcome to Susan's. Look around, ask questions and join in.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Janes Groove

Welcome to the club.  And congratulations on beginning your hormonal transition and finally accepting your true nature.
  •  

JeanetteLW

Hi Jessica Rose,

I am your self appointed  unofficial greeter. So HI! and Welcome. Here let me give you a hug. ((HUG)) oh, who am I? Nobody really. I'm just Jeanette, I am 64, taking estradiol like you but mine is in pill form and I am taking Spironolactone too. That one reduces your testosterone which in turn help your estradiol do it's thing. I am MtF like you. I started in December and now have small boobs. :-) Grow babies grow!.
  Come on into the lounge it  is more comfortable that trying to stand there while reading posts. Coffee is in the pot on the counter, cups and tea bags in the cupboard. Soda in the  fridge and water in the tap. or bottled water in the fridge too. Comfy? Isn't that better?
  I can wait to hear more of your story. That is how we get to know each other here. We share what is going on in our lives and others give back advice or their experiences and generally try to help where they can. My life is spread all over in various posts. But it is out there for all to see
  I hope you like it here and get to where you feel at home with us.

Hugs,
    Jeanette
  •  

V M

Hi Jessica Rose  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's Place  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •