Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Estradiol Valerate Intramuscular: Pharmacokinetics

Started by KayXo, April 03, 2017, 09:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KayXo

I am injecting estradiol valerate (EV) intramuscularly (IM) since about 3 years. At first, the injection was every 7 days but then, the interval was shortened to 5 days because of symptoms resembling PMS before day 7 (at that time though, whether PMS was actually occurring or not wasn't perfectly clear but I did it anyways). Lately, I noticed (but this could have happened much earlier and I just didn't pay attention) that I would get headaches from time to time but I remained clueless as to when they would occur during my cycle. Today, day 3 of my cycle and I noticed a headache slowly coming on at around noon. I decided to try something new and inject at around 7 pm today and try and figure out if the headache was due to a drop in E2 levels. 2 hours later, my headache was GONE! This is in agreement with a study which shows that E2 levels dramatically increase after only 1 hour, up to 18 times with IM EV.

Headaches is often used as a marker for determining when E2 levels drop too much. If I am right about this, this means that by day 3, my E2 levels drop too much and I need to inject again. Why this quick drop in levels, you might ask? I can think of two major reasons why:

1) progesterone intake: I take a high dose. The progesterone may accelerate the rate at which E2 drops since it is known to increase metabolism of E2 to E1. This may explain why I get headaches with progesterone and why these increase when I take more.
2) I am a stressed individual, in general (and due to circumstances), so this can accelerate the rate at which the estrogen is used up.

This could also account for why I got poor breast growth on IM EV as levels were dropping too fast (confirmed by lab tests, 2,500 to 1,300 pg/ml in just two days). Too much time was passing by as E2 levels were dropping.

I will continue injecting every 3 days or perhaps, just go by symptoms (i.e. headache). There may be times, perhaps, when I need to inject more frequently and then, other times, when I need to inject less often.

p.s.: my doctors allow me to decide on interval/injection frequency on my own, depending on symptoms as long as I keep monthly dose the same.
I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •