Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

FtM in the Long Island, NY area looking for local friends/support!

Started by Wendighost, November 22, 2016, 06:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wendighost

hello!!

I'm Mathieu, I'm twenty one and in Suffolk County, NY. I lived here for a long time, moved recently to Idaho after I was pushed out of the family home, and had to return to use my NYS Medicaid to treat carpal tunnel syndrome (which I'm in the process of handling right now - I get my EMG results tomorrow (!!)). I'm going to be here for a long time yet due to finances and medical complications, but I haven't had a lot of friends here and I have even fewer after my excursion westward.

while I'd love to head into the city/upstate to join a lot of the support groups I've found, I don't have the ability to do that - I can't drive partially due to my wrists+lack a car and license and I don't know of anyone who can drive me there/help me afford transit, so I'd love to make some friends downstate! since I'm going to be in the area anyway, I also want to try to schedule a consultation with doctor Hazen in NYC for a top surgery and see if my Medicaid will be able to cover most of the cost. I'm not working and I'm available often, but that does mean my finances are extremely thin and it's hard for me to attend paid for events/movies/things.

I'm happy to spend time with anyone regardless of their identity, no matter what we're doing! I'm an artist and a writer [I can link to my art/writing blogs if interested!] and my major interests are history [world wars and Chernobyl/nuclear disasters especially], reading [Derek Landy is my favourite author, and my current reading list is composed of This New Ocean by William E. Burrows, Skulduggery Pleasant: The Dying Of The Light, and an H.G. Wells collection], anime [I have a long list for the manga/anime I like oho], nature, swimming/walking/boating, visiting new places, and video games [due to my financial instability for most of my life there aren't a lot I've played, but there are a ton of let's players and game series I watch/know about]!
most of my money has been earned through art and dog sitting, both of which I can't currently do, but it makes for a cool conversation topic, yeah?
I have a handful of Tumblr blogs you can find http://general-mantis.tumblr.com/ and a list of my tags on my main blog to see what sort of things I'm into http://dextervexxed.tumblr.com/ , also!

if anyone wants to connect with me off here, I'm comfortable offering my Skype/email/Facebook [my name on some things is October, which is a nickname you're free to call me] - my main goal is to find a group/organisation in the area, but I'm also seeking friends/individuals to spend time with as well [and I really hope this is the right forum to post this under, aha]

thanks much everyone!
  •  

HappyMoni

Mathieu,
   I don't live in that area anymore but wondered if you are close to Islip.
Monica
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Wendighost

Quote from: HappyMoni on November 22, 2016, 09:56:43 PM
Mathieu,
   I don't live in that area anymore but wondered if you are close to Islip.
Monica

Hello, Monica! I'm not all too far from Islip - I'm about ten-fifteen minutes away or so!
  •  

CrystalMatthews0426

Hi Mathieu,

I'm a new member here and saw your post. I'm over near Smithtown myself. Just wanted to say hi and hope all has been well for you in the few months since you originally posted this message.

- Crystal :)
- Crystal

"Beauty isn't about having a pretty face. Beauty is about having a pretty mind, a pretty heart, and most importantly, a beautiful soul."

•  

Wendighost

Quote from: CrystalMatthews0426 on February 12, 2017, 11:03:26 AM
Hi Mathieu,

I'm a new member here and saw your post. I'm over near Smithtown myself. Just wanted to say hi and hope all has been well for you in the few months since you originally posted this message.

- Crystal :)

Hello Crystal!

I've been very busy in the past few months preparing for my top surgery (it's pending approval from my insurance as we speak!) and my hopefully smooth move back out of NY by Spring next year!

I hope you've been well too, I'm very happy to hear from more transgender people local! We've had some warm weather lately and I hope the pollen is treating you well, and that your holiday weekend was relaxing. Long Island's Pride is coming up in a few months and I'm very excited for that, do you know if you'll be attending?

- Mathieu
  •  

CrystalMatthews0426

I hope to be able to get there. I work for TD Bank who is one of the bigger sponsors of Pride, so I'm hoping at the very least to be able to volunteer through work to be there.
- Crystal

"Beauty isn't about having a pretty face. Beauty is about having a pretty mind, a pretty heart, and most importantly, a beautiful soul."

•