Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Arrrrrrrrrr Toilet Paper

Started by stephanie_craxford, June 30, 2005, 10:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephanie_craxford

I can't believe that this happened to me twice this week.  I went to town to the mall to shop for tee shirts and after a quick stop for orange juice, I had to visit the "Ladies".  So in I went, did my business, and reached for the toilet paper.  Yep (stop laughing) -  I reached for the toilet paper and guess what....  It's lucky that I always carry a small pack of kleenex in my purse.

I've got to remember to check for this stuff "BEFORE"  ::)
  •  

Leigh

In Thailand very few of the public stalls have paper.  You buy it in a little dispenser before you go in.

Also, in many places there are no stools, only a hole in the tile floor.

If you are ever post, you better hope the Dr. got everything pointed in the right direction.
  •  

Sheila

When I went to Thailand, there was toilet paper every place I went. So its there, but maybe not everywhere and it was free. I'm glad that my Dr. aimed it the right way. No messes around here.
Sheila
  •  

Leigh

Speaking to TP.  Everyone talks about the expense of transitioning.  One thing that is never mentioned is that you use 3 times as much TP as before.

Wheres Mrs Whipple when you need here.  The kids might not get that one. 
  •  

AllisonY2K

I always wipe down the toilet seats before I sit down so if there isn't any TP I find this out early on and change stalls accordingly.
  •  

Cassandra

I keep one of those little packs of kleenex in my purse. Always handy in a pinch. As for at home I use Scott. 1,000 sheets per role lasts 3 times longer than the other rolls.

Okay, now I'm sounding like a commercial. : )

I also keep a nail in my purse. Somtimes the stall bolt is missing or broken, the nail can prevent accidental discovery if you still have Mr. Jones hanging around.

Cassie

•  

stephanie_craxford

Now that's one thing I do always check for is the locking door.  If I can't lock it I don't use it, unless I have a friend with me to stand guard.  But I can see where your little trick with the nail would work in a pinch, rather than sitting there, with a foot up against the door  ;D ;D ;D
  •  

Sheila

I'm use to sticking the foot against the door routine LOL I also carry some kleenex in my purse for those times that you have sat down and low and behold no TP. YIKES!! I'm usually in a hurry anyway, so I just don't look. Our budget on TP has gone up a lot since GRS. We alway use to but the 4 rolls and it would last a while, now its the 9 rolls and it lasts about 2 weeks, 3 women in the house.
Sheila
  •  

Dennis

Heh, yeah I'm noticing it's a lot cheaper to be a guy and I never even wore makeup as a girl. Even my haircuts are cheaper. Same hairdresser and they're 10 bucks cheaper. Underwear is 1/3 of the price, clothes are cheaper. And, the toilet paper thing too, although being pre-op, I'm still at previous consumption levels on that.

Although, I suspect I'll be expected to pay for dates a bit more than I was when I was dating lesbians.

Dennis
  •  

Terri-Gene

"I'm still at previous consumption levels on that."

Not to worry Dennis, I would think the TP issue applies more to MtF then FtM.  Its kind of a hygenic matter, though you find a lot more uses for tissue also.  Items I find I can't get along without anymore and definately need tons more of then previously are Qtips.  There was a time a box of them would last me seemingly forever and I'm always replaceing them now.

It's really frustrating about the cost difference.  I still wear men's jeans over that.  Anything sold in womens departments seems to cost more even if it functionally looks the same and is of the same material.  Anyway, I like the standard button down fly 501's.  They have a perfect fit on me.  Dry cleaning costs are much more also, though I only know that from our own bills in the past, my woman and I.  I could have a suit cleaned and pressed for nearly the same as one of her blouses.  A lot of this is simple rip off, though in things like hairdressers, a lot of it probably has something to do with women being much more particular and harder to please and easier to piss off.

Paying for dates?  Well, yes, it is a kind of traditionally expected thing and in the male world, dutch is a much less common thing, more like taking pride in "providing".  Unless you have some kind of understanding about this with the women you go out with, it will probably just be taken for granted.

Cheaper to be a guy?  Yes and no.  It can be, as you can get by on so little in compairison, but then it's the dates and care of S/O's that can kill you, and some of the extra curricular activities can get a little expensive also.

Terri
  •  

gina_taylor

Hmmm, I guess the laws are a little different in Canada, I walked into a ladies room, used it  and left and almost got arrested two years ago. Fortunately the store manager didn't press any charges, which I was grateful for. Now a days I just don't bother, but I will remember to bring some toilet paper with me if i ever have to use a public rest room again. :(

Gina
  •  

Dennis

Yeah, Canada is a little more relaxed about the whole TS thing I think than the US. In BC, it's illegal to bar transgendered people from the washroom that reflects their gender identity. And I'm pretty sure it's not an offence to go into a bathroom whether or not someone else thinks you don't look like the right gender.

Dennis
  •