Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Guitar

Started by Terence, April 08, 2017, 12:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

I've played guitar, mandolin, violin (fiddle), and ukulele for years.  The issue I'm having is my longer nails and the fret board.

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Stevie

Quote from: Jessica on August 24, 2018, 09:20:32 PM
I've played guitar, mandolin, violin (fiddle), and ukulele for years.  The issue I'm having is my longer nails and the fret board.

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

I tried keeping some length on my left hand and it worked ok for basic open chords, but with other forms I had trouble fretting properly. Right hand is fine except when I finger pick  my nail polish cant take the abuse.
One thing you can try is open tuning, Dolly Parton does this and plays a lot of one finger barre chords. 
  •  

IzzyM

Quote from: Jessica on August 24, 2018, 09:20:32 PM

I have the same issue with my nails, I have played the guitar on and off since I was 8, but these days my preference for longer nails gets in the way.
It isn't hard at all to make a wish. The difficultly lies in how to make what you wish for a reality
  •  

Sussy

I love when someone plays the guitar, but I play badly. I tried different video lessons, probably only by hiring a tutor I can learn to play the guitar well.
  •  

Kylo

I wish I'd taken it up instead of keyboard. It's a lot easier to carry about with you from place to place than a 300lb upright.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •