Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

eyeliner

Started by shaunna, September 30, 2016, 01:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaunna

does anyone know how to do eyeliner and what eyeliner is good for beginners.
  •  

DawnOday

There are hundreds of "How Too's" on YouTube.,for all things beauty.  When you get to YouTube enter "eyeliner tutorial for beginners"
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Anne Blake

I agree with Dawn, there are a million videos available online for good tips. You can get far more from a video than from a bunch of our words. The one tip that I will offer is that, for me, eyeliner is one of the more difficult makeup items to remove. Even with some good removal oils, a waterproof liner lingers. Many folks questioned why I was wearing makeup in guy mode, I couldn't tell them that I had not been fully able to recover from an evening out. Waterproof eyeliner and mascara has its place but may not be the be the best choice for either learning the skills or just for short day trips.

Anne
  •  

shaunna

XD youtube why did i not think of that and sound like you know your stuff.
  •  

Veronica J

yup avoid waterproof eyeliner stuff as said above.
  •  

RobynD

I'm still learning too and i have used it on and off and lately, a lot more on, for the last 10-12 yrs. Pencils work for me - you don't get some of the dramatic effects that you do with cremes, but they are forgiving and easier to put on. My next choice are the markers.

...and definitely Youtube is great for tutorials.

•  

Veronica J

Quote from: RobynD on October 01, 2016, 07:51:03 PM
I'm still learning too and i have used it on and off and lately, a lot more on, for the last 10-12 yrs. Pencils work for me - you don't get some of the dramatic effects that you do with cremes, but they are forgiving and easier to put on. My next choice are the markers.

...and definitely Youtube is great for tutorials.

funny i am not soo good with pencil, but good with liquid pen and ok with the liquid brush...
  •  

LizK

Practice, Practice and more practice...I try and use the "join the dots" method for my upper lid. Make sure you use a Kohl pencil for your lower lid waterline as the liquid stuff is different and tends to hurt your eye. It is better for the upper lid...

Helpful Tip for Beginners: keep the pointy end out of your eye! ;D

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

barbie

I first apply pencil eyeliner and then gel eyeliner to fix it. It can be done within 1 or 2 minutes.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Harley Quinn

I use a jar of eyeliner and a brush. It gives a crazy thin line or thick line if you want it to...  I would stay away from liquid eyeliners and waterproof...  they're just a pain to take back off.  And the liquid liner can smear if you blink before it's dry and it's hopeless after that happens...

My theory on makeup is that, "if it's going to be a daily task or occasional throughout the week... then you might as well start off with pro-tools." Learn how to use the good stuff and save the teen makeup stuff for the teens. You'll spend almost as much money on cheap makeup and is doesn't work half as well.

I would get a lesson or 2 on makeup application from an aesthetician. It'll definitely get you more comfortable with makeup quicker... and they can recommend make up that is matched up with your skin tone, texture, and that will enhance your femininity...
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Michelle_P

I use a smudge pen, a little plastic tube that feeds out a soft piece of crayon-like eyeliner.  Yes, waterproof, because I get a little teary-eyed and get a runny mess otherwise.  I apply little dabs in the places I want liner, and use a fine flat brush edge to smooth the dabs into a line. 

It can take several passes to remove the liner even with a good eye makeup remover (Neutragena), and I often still don't get it all.  My old eyes are so sunken that nobody notices, and I don't give a damn anyway at this point in my life.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Harley Quinn

Quote from: Michelle_P on October 13, 2016, 11:14:29 AM
I use a smudge pen, a little plastic tube that feeds out a soft piece of crayon-like eyeliner.  Yes, waterproof, because I get a little teary-eyed and get a runny mess otherwise.  I apply little dabs in the places I want liner, and use a fine flat brush edge to smooth the dabs into a line. 

It can take several passes to remove the liner even with a good eye makeup remover (Neutragena), and I often still don't get it all.  My old eyes are so sunken that nobody notices, and I don't give a damn anyway at this point in my life.
MAC eye makeup remover is about $15 a bottle and works amazingly on masquera and eye liner.  Last forever...  bottle lasts me about a year.  Otherwise, just use some Vasoline petrolium jelly and smear it over your eyes and wipe away...  it'll take it all off in no time flat
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

chris.deee

Quote from: Harley Quinn on October 13, 2016, 09:51:22 AM

My theory on makeup is that, "if it's going to be a daily task or occasional throughout the week... then you might as well start off with pro-tools." Learn how to use the good stuff and save the teen makeup stuff for the teens. You'll spend almost as much money on cheap makeup and is doesn't work half as well.

I couldn't agree more. I moved off the drugstore stuff onto Mac and OMG what a difference.
  •  

RavenMoon

Practice practice practice! We didn't get to do that when we were in our early teens.

These days I mostly use the marker or liquid eyeliners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

LizK

Liquid eyeliner...otherwise I look like a bad dose of panda eyes!!!
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •