Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddie86

Quote from: Roll on January 14, 2018, 10:00:50 AM
Someone gave me a loaf of fresh brioche to play with and sabotage my diet, so I just made french toast tacos. What are french toast tacos, you ask? Why, I'll tell you! French toast tacos are where I make regular french toast, then I put a huge glob of butter and an ungodly amount of powder sugar on top, so that when I fold the french toast like a taco shell the shear amount of butter and powdered sugar is equivalent to the volume of a normal taco's fillings.

Down here in the southern U.S., we call that a health food.

:D :D :D
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 14, 2018, 10:09:45 AM
Let me know how it goes. I've never made donuts and would like a good recipie for them.

totally! I will post here after I make my first batch, probably sometime next weekend
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Roll on January 14, 2018, 10:00:50 AM
Someone gave me a loaf of fresh brioche to play with and sabotage my diet, so I just made french toast tacos. What are french toast tacos, you ask? Why, I'll tell you! French toast tacos are where I make regular french toast, then I put a huge glob of butter and an ungodly amount of powder sugar on top, so that when I fold the french toast like a taco shell the shear amount of butter and powdered sugar is equivalent to the volume of a normal taco's fillings.

That sounds really good but that must be like 1000 calories! Wow, I thought I made fattening food. I do love French toast . I make it often but I don't eat it very often. I don't usually eat anything I make for breakfast. I have a green smoothie and coffee.

Down here in the southern U.S., we call that a health food.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

V M

Made a Ham and Swiss omelette with onions, olives, mushrooms and feta folded over ricotta and pineapple with a side of hash browns
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on January 16, 2018, 04:58:15 AM
Made a Ham and Swiss omelette with onions, olives, mushrooms and feta folded over ricotta and pineapple with a side of hash browns

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarh!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Maddie86

Ok, so I didn't make these, but they were so good that I wanted to share! I went to a diner in the middle of nowhere this morning and got Boston Cream Pancakes! and I saw a really pretty sunrise!

I'm making donuts tomorrow for the first time! I will report back here with pics when they're done :)
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Maddie86 on January 20, 2018, 09:01:06 AM
Ok, so I didn't make these, but they were so good that I wanted to share! I went to a diner in the middle of nowhere this morning and got Boston Cream Pancakes! and I saw a really pretty sunrise!

I'm making donuts tomorrow for the first time! I will report back here with pics when they're done :)

Oh wow. I would never have thought about Boston cream pancakes. My family totally LOVES Boston cream pie. I will definitely have to make some. I'm looking forward to hearing about your donuts.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

This morning I'm making blueberry waffles with blueberry syrup. One of my brother's favorites. He's been feeling neglected since my boyfriend moved in.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Maddie86

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 20, 2018, 09:22:59 AM
This morning I'm making blueberry waffles with blueberry syrup. One of my brother's favorites. He's been feeling neglected since my boyfriend moved in.

aw, yum! I hope he loves them!
  •  

MollyPants

Wow that looks delicious! I might try making a Boston cream cake tomorrow!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

V M

Now this is just not fair, I'm over here salivating just looking at those
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on January 20, 2018, 11:56:20 AM

Good morning VM!

How's my favorite computer program doing?

I'm zoned out looking at those too!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Roll

Am I the only person in the world who doesn't like boston cream pie? Custard just kinda weirds me out.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Roll on January 20, 2018, 12:00:53 PM
Am I the only person in the world who doesn't like boston cream pie? Custard just kinda weirds me out.

Good Morning Ellie, yes you are probably the only person in the world who doesn't like Boston Creme Pie :)  Custard has always made me think of mustard, yucky.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Roll on January 20, 2018, 12:00:53 PM

Yes you are! Ok, you can't sit at our table anymore. Sit by yourself. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 20, 2018, 12:04:26 PM
Yes you are! Ok, you can't sit at our table anymore. Sit by yourself. Lol

Be nice Julia,  we have to have the nerd girl at our table for the quota.  Just as we have to have the beautiful Nordic one :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: V M on January 20, 2018, 11:56:20 AM

That funny. I was just about to say: " who wouldn't like Boston cream pancakes"? Then roll says she doesn't.  There's one in every crowd I guess.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

V M

I've already found a couple of recipes for it  ;D  That's okay Elle, I volunteer to eat yours for you

- V M
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: V M on January 20, 2018, 12:13:20 PM
I've already found a couple of recipes for it  ;D  That's okay Elle, I volunteer to eat yours for you

No, they're mine, all mine!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

V M

- V M
  •