Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelle_P

Egg white scramble with cheddar cheese, chorizo, rainbow bell peppers and onion.  Served with English muffin and 'butter', plus copious amounts of coffee.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Laurie

Hi folks,

This morning I made a chorizo omelet with rainbow peppers, onion, spinach, tomato and cheddar cheese.  Topped with hot salsa and more cheese. Blue berries for a fruit serving.

Bon Appetit

Laurie

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Maddie86

Cooking is definitely more of a pain in the butt at my new apartment because  I don't have a dishwasher, but so far I've made 2 meals and knocked both of em out of the park!

for this one I made buttermilk biscuits from scratch, then I took one and split it and topped it with scrambled eggs, a sausage patty with melted cheddar, then I topped that with a cheddar cajun sausage gravy and then I topped the whole thing off with sauteed peppers and onions. Oh and cajun spiced home fries on the side! it may not be pretty, but it tasted great!

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Maddie86 on May 04, 2018, 10:18:28 PM
Cooking is definitely more of a pain in the butt at my new apartment because  I don't have a dishwasher, but so far I've made 2 meals and knocked both of em out of the park!

for this one I made buttermilk biscuits from scratch, then I took one and split it and topped it with scrambled eggs, a sausage patty with melted cheddar, then I topped that with a cheddar cajun sausage gravy and then I topped the whole thing off with sauteed peppers and onions. Oh and cajun spiced home fries on the side! it may not be pretty, but it tasted great!

It looks and sound delicious Maddie.

Hugs,
Laurie

•  

V M

Ended up skipping dinner last night so this morning I made a mushroom, onion and cheese omelette and a strip of bacon with some toast 
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Laurie

I kept mine simple also VM. Omelet with ham, green bell pepper, onion, leftover asparagus and cheddar cheese. A side of maple sausage and orange slices.

Bon Appetit,
  Laurie

•  

RoRo

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and although it is quick during the work week i do like making blueberry pancakes on the weekend. My Fiance also loves when I make him Sausage Gravy and Biscuits.
  •  

Maddie86

ok, so I didn't make this, but I thought I'd post this here anyways, it was that good! I went to Baltimore this weekend and I decided to check out a place called Miss Shirley's for breakfast

I started out with some biscuits. They were drop biscuits with everything bagel seasoning and they came with sides of herbed cream cheese and jalapeno strawberry jam. They were so good, that jam was amazing!

Ok so I was going to get coffee, I really needed coffee, but then I saw this on the menu and it sounded so good, I needed this instead! Yes, I got a margarita at 9am! Don't worry, I only had one and I've never had a Pineapple Jalapeno one before! I decided to go for it because I had no idea if I'd ever be back here

and now onto the main course (and no, I didn't eat everything in these pics, I took some home lol)
Benne seed fried chicken with honey mustard aioli and cheddar waffles with pepadew butter. yum!!!
  •  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Anne Blake

Today was moderately decadent with OJ (token healthy), home made coffee cake and strong black coffee
  •  

DawnOday

Biscuits and Sausage Gravy. Don't forget the couple pinches of cayenne pepper.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Donna

Glazed pork tenderloin on a bed of soba noodles, fresh peppers, snow peas and green onions. Sesame seed oil, soy and honey dressing.
The tenderloin was glazed and roasted with the same dressing
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

MollyPants

I had overnight oats made with coconut milk for breakfast today. Yesterday though we made huevos rancheros :) x

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: MollyPants on May 29, 2018, 07:53:16 AM
I had overnight oats made with coconut milk for breakfast today. Yesterday though we made huevos rancheros :) x

Hi Molly,                      29 May 2018

I love cooked oats, the old fashion variety. What are "Overnight Oats?"

My guess is you place the dry oats in a pot of hot water and let them soak overnight; in the morning they should be ready to eat.

So rural Mexico has spread its tentacles across the pond and delivered Huevos Rancheros. Hope they also supplied you with their other great dishes. Lived there for two years and enjoyed the people, food and culture.

Thank you in advance.

Best Always, Love,
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

MollyPants

Quote from: christinej78 on May 29, 2018, 08:48:48 AM
Hi Molly,                      29 May 2018

My guess is you place the dry oats in a pot of hot water and let them soak overnight; in the morning they should be ready to eat.

So rural Mexico has spread its tentacles across the pond and delivered Huevos Rancheros. Hope they also supplied you with their other great dishes. Lived there for two years and enjoyed the people, food and culture.

Thank you in advance.

Best Always, Love,
Christine

Hi Christine

That's exactly it! I use three tablespoons of oats to nine tablespoons of milk and soak overnight! (You just reminded to make tomorrow morning's!)  I don't cook them at all. I top them with whatever fruit I have left over.

My favourite is enchiladas on a cold night. Lots of chilli and lots of sauce. Mmm. I'm getting very hungry again just thinking of them! How wonderful to have lived there, my partner worked there for a couple of weeks and said the food was the most amazing thing.

Love
Molly xx

•  

Dena

Quote from: christinej78 on May 29, 2018, 08:48:48 AM

Buy a 6 cup crockpot and Old Fashion Rolled Oats though you can use steel cut oat if it's all you have. Put the oats and water in the crock pot the night before and and set the crock pot to low. Breakfast will be ready for you in the morning when your ready. I think they may even make a smaller crock pot for single servings but you can make two cups in a 6 cup crock pot.

The texture is a bit different as it becomes a bit more paste like and you don't get the occasional dry flake.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: Dena on May 29, 2018, 10:24:53 PM
Buy a 6 cup crockpot and Old Fashion Rolled Oats though you can use steel cut oat if it's all you have. Put the oats and water in the crock pot the night before and and set the crock pot to low. Breakfast will be ready for you in the morning when your ready. I think they may even make a smaller crock pot for single servings but you can make two cups in a 6 cup crock pot.

The texture is a bit different as it becomes a bit more paste like and you don't get the occasional dry flake.

Hi Dena,                 30 May 2018

I usually add steel cut oats to my rolled oats if I have some. I'll give your method a try next time I decide to have oats for breakfast. I don't really cook my oats, just bring 2.5 cups of water to a boil, add 1.5 cups of oats, stir until it starts to boil again then remove from the heat, cover with the pot lid and let sit for 45 - 60 minutes. Makes two huge bowl of oat meal, which is what I eat for breakfast. Yes I eat both bowls. I usually have raisins and blueberries in it and other fresh fruit when available.

I think my crockpot is a ten gallon gas can. I really don't remember what size it is. Bought it two years ago and still haven't taken it out of the box. I have stuff I bought 20 years ago that is still in the bag I brought it home in. Yes, I'm a nut case.... a, I used to be; they're gone now. I'll rephrase that: Yes, I'm a nutless case.

Best Always, Love,
Christine

Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Laurie

Good morning folks,

Today I tried something different. I had some ground chorizo I wanted to use up so into a fry pan it went. As it was browning I broke it up and added diced orange and red bell peppers and green onion. Once the chorizo was done I added a good sized spoonful (1/4 to 1/3 cup) of sour cream, incorporating it with the mix as a sauce. I then added about half a cup of Mexican blend cheese, letting it melt as I blended it in with the sour cream, making a thick cheesy sour cream sauce. I the fried 2 eggs sunny side up. I first plated the chorizo and then put the eggs on top.
  I thought it came out surprisingly good. Pictures below as always.

Bon Appetit,
  Laurie

P.S. I think that by adding a bit more sour cream, diced tomato and some chopped cilantro, it would make a pretty good dip.
LJW

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Laurie on June 01, 2018, 01:02:16 PM
Good morning folks,

Today I tried something different. I had some ground chorizo I wanted to use up so into a fry pan it went. As it was browning I broke it up and added diced orange and red bell peppers and green onion. Once the chorizo was done I added a good sized spoonful (1/4 to 1/3 cup) of sour cream, incorporating it with the mix as a sauce. I then added about half a cup of Mexican blend cheese, letting it melt as I blended it in with the sour cream, making a thick cheesy sour cream sauce. I the fried 2 eggs sunny side up. I first plated the chorizo and then put the eggs on top.
  I thought it came out surprisingly good. Pictures below as always.

Bon Appetit,
  Laurie

P.S. I think that by adding a bit more sour cream, diced tomato and some chopped cilantro, it would make a pretty good dip.
LJW

Looks like grub I could cotton to

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Roll

~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•