Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GingerVicki

It all depends on my mood. sometimes

0) oatmeal
1) over-easy eggs and bagel or toast
2) scrambled eggs with a bagel or toast.
3) pancakes
4) french toast
5) omelets with whatever ingredients
6) sausage with biscuits and gravy
7) bacon - usually a bacon wrap with avocado, tomatoes, and ranch

Hash browns are often included with almost any breakfast when appropriate.

If i'm feeling really lazy I have been known to bake cinnamon rolls with the icing.

•  

V M

Today was coffee, cherry turnover, bite size mounds and a pineapple cottage cheese lettuce wrap
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

GingerVicki

•  

MollyPants

•  

V M

Coffee, Juice, and a breakfast burrito made of bacon, eggs, cheese, hash browns, mushrooms and onions  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Beverly Anne

I cook bacon and eggs almost every morning. It's a quick, inexpensive, high-protein meal that gives me the fuel I need to start the day. Being a southern USA girl, I sometimes add grits with a slab of butter melted in. I have one breakfast dish I make if I have house guests or a social thing at breakfast time. It's a sausage, egg and cheese casserole with a hash brown crust.
Be authentic and live life unafraid!
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

I keep it simple for breakfast.  Coffee and English Muffin or cereal (like Shredded Wheat).
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

V M

Coffee, juice, homemade croissant breakfast sandwich with bacon, egg, hashbrowns and cheese and another half of a grapefruit

- V M
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: V M on January 31, 2019, 01:01:31 PM
Homemade croissant breakfast sandwich with bacon, egg, hashbrowns and cheese 

Ummmm.    Yummy looking.   :)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

GingerVicki

Homemade croissant breakfast sandwich with bacon, egg, hashbrowns and cheese 

impressive
  •  

christinej78

Hi Folks,                        01 February 2019

Sometimes. Lots of CROW, prepared every way imaginable; raw, feathers and all. When I have it that-a-way, it's well deserved.

Best Always, Love
Chris
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

GingerVicki

Quote from: christinej78 on February 01, 2019, 08:43:40 AM
Hi Folks,                        01 February 2019

Sometimes. Lots of CROW, prepared every way imaginable; raw, feathers and all. When I have it that-a-way, it's well deserved.

Best Always, Love
Chris

:( not good. I'd invite ya over, but you're at least out of state.

I made bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado, lettuce, ranch wraps. With Peet's coffee and french vanilla liquid creamer.
  •  

christinej78

Coffee, juice, homemade croissant breakfast sandwich with bacon, egg, hashbrowns and cheese and another half of a grapefruit

Hi VM,                   01 February 2019

What's in the glass? For sure, it's homemade "Grape" juice. I want some.

Your handle, "VM," reminds me of where I worked 63 years ago. We sold and serviced VM stereos and tape decks. Still have one of their tape decks from 1956. It, unlike me, functions as well as it used to.

Best Always, Love
Chris
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
  •  

V M

Quote from: christinej78 on February 01, 2019, 09:03:28 AM
Hi VM,                   01 February 2019

What's in the glass? For sure, it's homemade "Grape" juice. I want some.

Your handle, "VM," reminds me of where I worked 63 years ago. We sold and serviced VM stereos and tape decks. Still have one of their tape decks from 1956. It, unlike me, functions as well as it used to.

Best Always, Love
Chris

LOL, actually that's  I just like using the wine glass

- V M
  •  

Colleen_definitely

That cherry pomegranate juice is dangerously tasty.

And if I remember correctly they don't treat it with potassium sorbate or other stuff so you could ferment it if you feel the urge.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

V M

Quote from: Colleen_definitely on February 01, 2019, 12:41:20 PM
That cherry pomegranate juice is dangerously tasty.

And if I remember correctly they don't treat it with potassium sorbate or other stuff so you could ferment it if you feel the urge.

That could get interesting, it is hella tasty juice  ;D

- V M
  •  

christinej78

Hi Folks,                         10 February 2019

Today's B-fast was a bit different than usual; it started with Quaker Old Fashioned Oats, soaked not fully cooked. Two cups of water and about 1/4 cup of raisins in a 1 1/2 quart pan. Put on the burner, when it starts to boil dump in one cup of the old fashioned oats. Stir until boiling resumes, when a foam head forms, put the lid on and immediately remove from the heat. Let the oats rest for about 30 to 45 minutes or longer if desired. Once rested, stir the oats and raisins to evenly distribute them. I dish out one half the pot into a large bowl, add some milk and enjoy them.

Next up was a bowl of Baked Beans I made using Dena's family recipe. Dena taught me how to make delicious baked beans in a crock pot. Beans, Beans the ......... beans to die for.

Next course was a slice of Pizza from Papa Murphy's Take and Bake. Bought it yesterday, baked it and had half of it for supper last night, Froze the three remaining slices and had one for breakfast. Used Dena's method for reheating frozen pizza. Popped the pizza in the Nuclear oven for 30 seconds then popped it into the 350° preheated oven and preheated heavy SS pizza pan. Left it in the oven 8 minutes and sat down and finished my third main course B-fast. This slice of Pizza was better than it was yesterday, the crust was perfecto.

Not to be forgotten was desert, a four pack of frozen SnackWells Vanilla Creme Sandwich Cookies washed down with a large mug of Swiss Miss Dark Chocolate Sensation Hot Cocoa. Felt pretty good after this meal; could hardly wait for lunch to get here.

To tell you the truth, the best part of my meal was the Baked Beans. The problem was, I had them for supper last night and didn't leave as much for B-fast as I should have.

Thank You Dena Dear for teaching me how to cook those wonderful beans and a number of other delicious recipes, Your famous chili readily comes to mind, which I'll probably have for lunch tomorrow.

Thank You Dena Dear for being the Love of My Life.

Best Always, Love
Christine
  •  

Perry

I enjoy cooking breakfast on my days off. Typically I make a small omelet using ham & cheese. At times I'll add mushrooms.

I recently found a recipe for cabbage "hash browns". The article exclaimed that the taste was nearly indistinguishable from potato hash browns. Being both curious and skeptical I catalogued the recipe idea in my brain. While at Trader Joe's I found a bag of shredded cabbage, destiny!

Since I cook for one I made just half a batch. Cooked it as one patty in an 8" skillet. Although the recipe did not call for it I covered the pan for a portion of the cooking time to ensure the cabbage softened sufficiently.

My oh my, it was  delicious!

I like my hash browns with ketchup so I tried some on these too. It was good, I can imagine that a bit of hot sauce or sriracha would be good too. It is definitely going into my rotation. (I have 1/2 leftover so I'll see how reheats tomorrow)

Perry

Integrity has no need of rules.  -Albert Camus

•  

Michelle_P

Banana Pancakes:  Incredibly easy

Blender, large skillet or griddle

1 banana
1 egg
2 tbsp rolled oats (oatmeal)
1/4 tsp baking powder

Start the pan or griddle heating.  Put a banana, two tablespoons of rolled oats, one egg, 1/4 tsp baking powder in the blender. Blend, pour cakes into hot pan...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •