Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Do you cook breakfast? What are some of the dishes you prepare?

Started by JeanetteLW, April 13, 2017, 11:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

More of a brunch today due to lack of motivation.

This morning I made an omelet for two but had to consume :'( :'( it by myself  Tis so sad.

Butter and garlic sauteed asparagus, green onion, red and orange bell pepper. Chorizo and cheddar cheese wrapped in 2 eggs seasoned with salt, pepper and Scarburough fair. Folded and topped with a sprinkle of cheese and salsa.

Bon Appétit Mon Amies,
  Laurie

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Julia1996

As usual Laurie, that looks really good. I usually make a big breakfast on Sunday so we had my dad's version of sausage gravy over biscuits. Canned sausage gravy over biscuits from a tube. But for him that was good work. I do appreciate the guys trying to cook but I will be happy when I can stand for more than a few minutes without getting tired so I can cook good stuff. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Laurie

Hi Julia,

You're right about your Dad, his heart is in the right place with you girl. Pneumonia is not fun and you don't get over it quickly. Think of a sponge with water sitting on the counter and trying to dry it with a no heat hair dryer. It's going to take a long time to dry it out. Your lungs is very like a sponge and getting it full of liquid is  just like the water in that sponge. It will clear up but it is going to take time. Your weakness is because you have less oxygen able to get to the blood to feed all those hungry cells that make us tick.
   I am sure your Dad and the boys can't wait to have you back in the kitchen. Oh btw always wear your shoes in the kitchen. Cliches Hun cliches....

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Laurie on February 18, 2018, 03:20:25 PM
Hi Julia,

You're right about your Dad, his heart is in the right place with you girl. Pneumonia is not fun and you don't get over it quickly. Think of a sponge with water sitting on the counter and trying to dry it with a no heat hair dryer. It's going to take a long time to dry it out. Your lungs is very like a sponge and getting it full of liquid is  just like the water in that sponge. It will clear up but it is going to take time. Your weakness is because you have less oxygen able to get to the blood to feed all those hungry cells that make us tick.
   I am sure your Dad and the boys can't wait to have you back in the kitchen. Oh btw always wear your shoes in the kitchen. Cliches Hun cliches....

Hugs,
  Laurie

I know. They are trying. They aren't too thrilled having to do all the housework either but it hasn't been to much of a disaster. Thankfully my dad does know how to do laundry without messing it up. He can also iron his own clothes if he has too. Then there's poor Tyler. To him it's the worst thing ever if he has to iron his own stuff. My dad had a basket of his stuff to iron and went to get the ironing board. Tyler ran upstairs and grabbed his stuff and tried to mix it in with my dad's trying to be slick like my dad wouldn't notice. Of course he did. He told Tyler he could iron his own stuff. So Tyler  tried his classic routine. " Aww come on dude, you have to do this for me! I'm your son, you're supposed to do stuff for me. Pleeeeeeaaaasse!"  My dad just gave him his " really" look and told him even though his acting pitiful and the puppy eyes might work on me it totally didn't work on him. So Tyler got all huffy and stomped away. Lol. They may not be very good at housework but they are good entertainment.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Laurie

Good Morning  Folks,

This morning is a simple breakfast of fresh strawberries, banana, butter fried apple slices with a sprinkle of sugar and cinnamon, Maple sausage and a fried egg.

Bon Appétit,
   Laurie

•  

Chelsea

Quote from: Laurie on February 23, 2018, 10:49:03 AM
Good Morning  Folks,

This morning is a simple breakfast of fresh strawberries, banana, butter fried apple slices with a sprinkle of sugar and cinnamon, Maple sausage and a fried egg.

Bon Appétit,
   Laurie

OMG  Laurie, I'm coming over for breakfast!   lol

Hugs
First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

p

Mmm looks delicious Laurie! I love the variety of fresh & cooked fruit. 
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Laurie

Thank you Chelsea and Patti,

Chelsea, I usually have to eat all that I cook myself and there is usually enough for two. That's why I'm fat, no one to share it with.  Come on over.

Patti, sometime wonder how you are always there to read my posts. I know a love that you are my #1 fan but hun, are you stalking me? (peeking between the blinds.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

p

LOL I don't have the energy to stalk you on Susan's Laurie, I am sure I only catch a fraction of the posts you do in a day! I definitely love the breakfast thread (and all food threads to be honest). <3 Your number one stalker fan   ;) :-*
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

Julia1996

Laurie's breakfasts always look amazing. She needs to come to my house and make me some. Tyler usually fixes me breakfast. He tries but............well............
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Laurie on February 23, 2018, 10:49:03 AM
Good Morning  Folks,

Bon Appétit,
   Laurie

Yummy!

Hey I use bananas too!

Sometimes after I pour the milk over the cereal, I add some sliced bananas.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

V M

I made a Ham, Turkey n' cheese Omelette and potato wedges  ;D
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: V M on March 01, 2018, 10:28:32 AM
I made a Ham, Turkey n' cheese Omelette and potato wedges  ;D

That does sound good V.M. , though I don't usually think of turkey or chicken for breakfast. I'm sure it was good.

Good morning folks,

I made one of my breakfast tostadas this morning using up some food items my sister will not use while I am on the road. I had some maple sausage, hot Italian sausage and a bit of bacon. To this I added rainbow pepper, green onion, a egg, and some extra sharp cheddar cheese. The alpha and omega of my efforts are shown below.

Bon Appétit,
   Laurie

•  

TonyaW

Made a sun-dried tomato and goat cheese omelette today. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

MollyPants

Quote from: Laurie on March 01, 2018, 12:38:15 PM
That does sound good V.M. , though I don't usually think of turkey or chicken for breakfast. I'm sure it was good.

Good morning folks,

I made one of my breakfast tostadas this morning using up some food items my sister will not use while I am on the road. I had some maple sausage, hot Italian sausage and a bit of bacon. To this I added rainbow pepper, green onion, a egg, and some extra sharp cheddar cheese. The alpha and omega of my efforts are shown below.

Bon Appétit,
   Laurie

Wow. That looks so tasty.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

Laurie

Quote from: MollyPants on March 01, 2018, 01:42:15 PM
Wow. That looks so tasty.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It is real easy too. Cook the meats or anything else that needs pre cooking. Fry one side of a tortilla in butter then flip then crack an egg on it and spread over tortilla cook covered if you want the egg done first, then toss on toppings meats first then veggies and cheese. Cover until cheese is melted.  Serve

•  

Maddie86

There's a huge snowstorm all over New York so I'm stuck at home today. Last night I decided that this morning I would do cinnamon buns. I didn't have any cream cheese though for the icing, so I had to do a little thinking... Orange glaze and then maple glaze with bacon and maple walnut, yummmm!

•  

V M

Quote from: Maddie86 on March 02, 2018, 10:27:21 AM
Orange glaze and then maple glaze with bacon and maple walnut, yummmm!

Oh my  :icon_dribble:  But I do have good reason to go to New York now  ;D  Those look absolutely Yummolicious

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

V M

We're getting blanketed in snow here where I live as well  :P  So I've made coffee of course and I'm snacking on...

Some Pecan Shortbread Cookies, some Hershey's Special Dark Kisses, Butterscotch Pudding Cups, and Quaker Cranberry Almond Breakfast Flats

Yes, I know... Breakfast of champions  ;D

- V M
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Maddie86 on March 02, 2018, 10:27:21 AM
There's a huge snowstorm all over New York so I'm stuck at home today. Last night I decided that this morning I would do cinnamon buns. I didn't have any cream cheese though for the icing, so I had to do a little thinking... Orange glaze and then maple glaze with bacon and maple walnut, yummmm!

ORANGE ROLLS ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you didn't, make sure to add some orange zest into the dough filling next time, even for regular cinnamon rolls it makes a great flavor. :D
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•