Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

London - Gender Therapist?

Started by J2J, March 15, 2017, 06:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J2J

Hey,

So, it's probably about time I at least speak to someone about what I am going though and kind of want to avoid going the NHS route as the waiting list is very long although if I do decide to start HRT then I will obviously do it via my GP but from reading peoples experiences you kind of need to be 100% sure before you go the NHS route since there doesn't seem to be much when it comes to therapy.

I did e-mail GenderCare although when they replied they mentioned booking 2 separate appointments, one for the therapist and one for HRT? It all seems to move very fast and it just makes me somewhat reluctant to move forward since it seems to be a case of you have to make up your mind before you even go to your appointment.

Has anyone got any recommendations for a gender therapist in the London area? I could travel if it's close to train stations I guess?

Apologises for the rambling.
  •  

Elis

I went to Transhealth  (a 10 min walk from Bond Street station) in order to get approved for HRT. I had to wait 2 months for my first appointment due to an influx of new patients; although this was 2 years ago now the waiting times may have changed. I had my initial consultation with Dr Curtis who was very direct and we discussed what I wanted as I had already made up my mind about wanting HRT; so was only recommended 4 appointments for the gender therapist. Had to wait 3 weeks or a month I think for my first appointment due again to an influx of new patients  and then each appointment was 3 weeks apart. I went to see Sharon Filingham who was very nice and easy to talk too; followed the WPATH standard in ehich I mainly had to lead the conversation about past history. I didn't really get anything out of it as I'd already made my mind up  but you most likely will if you're still unsure about HRT. So yeah I recommend Transhealth; although it was pricey but managed to get my GP to ok giving me the prescriptions.
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

J2J

Thanks!

This certainly seems like the place for me, I have sent them an email to enquire about waiting times etc.
  •