Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Random: Any Baseball Fans Out There?

Started by baseballfan, June 19, 2017, 07:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baseballfan

This is kind of random, but as my name suggests, I am a big baseball fan.  Any other baseball fans out there?  I am a Cubs fan, so I had a pretty good year :)
Right now, I only go by Jessica on this forum.  Maybe someday I'll go by Jessica everywhere.
  •  

natalie.ashlyne

•  

baseballfan

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on June 19, 2017, 07:56:42 PM
I like the blue jays

I recently went to my first Blue Jays game!  I really enjoyed it.  I enjoyed the whole town actually.
Right now, I only go by Jessica on this forum.  Maybe someday I'll go by Jessica everywhere.
  •  

Raell

When I lived in the US (I've been teaching in Thailand for the past seven years, but about to return to the US) I liked baseball, but all the crotch-scratching and spitting made me feel nauseous, so instead I watched little league and church picnic baseball games. Those are much funnier and more enjoyable, not to mention FREE!

But I'm that way..I love informal sports just as much, or more than professional ones.

In Thailand I've had wonderful new sports to follow, from cow fights (Thai Brahman bulls fighting each other by shoving) to petanque (like a giant marbles game), from "yang" (jumping games played with a double rope made of rubber bands) to takrow (game using heels and body to control and send a rattan ball either over a net or into a net hung 20 feet above the court).

Cow fights (these are even on TV on a special channel, which also includes cock fights and bird song contests)

Petanque:

yang: In Thailand, it's played a bit different, with very high leaps

takrow:
  •  

baseballfan

Wow, those are some sports I have never seen before.  Huh, I thought I was aware of all the major sports out there.
  •  

RachelH

We are big Nationals fans...got some Nattitude!!  If we can only get healthy and strengthen the bullpen we would  be in much better shape!
  •  

ainsley

Cardinals fan for National League
Tigers fan for the American league.

I grew up in Michigan, and have lived it Missouri for 24 years....hard to choose.  :)
Some people say I'm apathetic, but I don't care.

Wonder Twin Powers Activate!
Shape of A GIRL!
  •  

Jamie 65

•  

Devlyn

I'm a Yankees fan in Boston. That goes as you would expect, and I wouldn't want my life any other way.  >:-)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Cheaney

Of course I love the greatest game ever invented! Will watch about any game I can find.

The Mets are my team. But I also have a connection in the White Sox organization so I root for them as my AL team.

What's the favorite place you've seen a game? I still have a few places I'd like to go. But I LOVE going to St. Louis and Busch Stadium. Dodger Stadium was really stinking cool for a Dodgers/Giants game too. I still need to see the Mets in Citi Field.
  •  

baseballfan

Quote from: VickieBlue on July 02, 2017, 12:40:28 AM
Of course I love the greatest game ever invented! Will watch about any game I can find.

The Mets are my team. But I also have a connection in the White Sox organization so I root for them as my AL team.

What's the favorite place you've seen a game? I still have a few places I'd like to go. But I LOVE going to St. Louis and Busch Stadium. Dodger Stadium was really stinking cool for a Dodgers/Giants game too. I still need to see the Mets in Citi Field.

I have a life goal to go to every MLB baseball stadium and I've been to about 2/3rds of them.  My favorites have to be Fenway Park and Wrigley Field.  Fenway is probably a touch better now, but after the renovation I imagine Wrigley will be my number 1.  Of course I am biased.  I would also put Colorado, Minnesota and Pittsburgh in my top five so far.  St. Louis is up there too.  I have also been to CitiField.  It was pretty good.  Not much going on around the park, but inside it is pretty good.  Very good museum and great beer selection.  Dodger Stadium is honestly last on my list.  For whatever reason it just doesn't do it for me.
  •  

Cheaney

Quote from: baseballfan on July 02, 2017, 01:05:53 AM
I have a life goal to go to every MLB baseball stadium and I've been to about 2/3rds of them.  My favorites have to be Fenway Park and Wrigley Field.  Fenway is probably a touch better now, but after the renovation I imagine Wrigley will be my number 1.  Of course I am biased.  I would also put Colorado, Minnesota and Pittsburgh in my top five so far.  St. Louis is up there too.  I have also been to CitiField.  It was pretty good.  Not much going on around the park, but inside it is pretty good.  Very good museum and great beer selection.  Dodger Stadium is honestly last on my list.  For whatever reason it just doesn't do it for me.

I'm biased against the Northsiders lol. I've been to Wrigley for a Cubs/Cardinals game but it was a while ago. Mid 90's or so. It was cool to see the rivalry part. I never got all the love for Wrigley esp when I had to pee in a horse trough and you have steel beams blocking a lot of the view. Everybody I've heard has said Pittsburgh is awesome. I'd like to see Baltimore too. I want to see all the parks too before I'm out...I still have a lot to go.
  •