Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Forming new updated susans wiki entries for androgyne, non-binary, etc

Started by Mia and Marq, November 15, 2007, 12:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mia and Marq

It seems to us, from the dicussion, the way to proceed is pretty straightfoward. We'll start piecing it together at work on monday.

Obviously non-binary and androgyne are closely related in some of their definitions. We describe that they're in some case interchangable but also can be seen as being more literal and thus seperate and more specific. The point about Wiki's are they're interconnected entries and so linking between the two is almost a given.

Couple more days folks before M&M starts editing, any ideas, get them out.

M&M
Being given the gift of two-spirits meant that this individual had the ability to see the world from two perspectives at the same time. This greater vision was a gift to be shared, and as such, Two-spirited beings were revered as leaders, mediators, teachers, artists, seers, and spiritual guides
  •  

Mia and Marq

Being given the gift of two-spirits meant that this individual had the ability to see the world from two perspectives at the same time. This greater vision was a gift to be shared, and as such, Two-spirited beings were revered as leaders, mediators, teachers, artists, seers, and spiritual guides
  •  

RebeccaFog

Quote from: Marq and Mia on November 28, 2007, 08:25:19 AM
First Attempt Complete
Please review entries as you see fit and suggest further modification and growth.
Androgyny - https://www.susans.org/wiki/Androgyny
Androgyne - https://www.susans.org/wiki/Androgyne
Non-Binary - https://www.susans.org/wiki/Non-Binary
Null Gender - https://www.susans.org/wiki/Null Gender

M&M
Hi,

This line found in androgyny caused a ruckus at one point -
Quotealthough there is a politicized version known as genderqueer.
I think that not all genderqueers consider themselves political or the term 'genderqueer' to be necessarily a political one.

I've only just checked androgyny.  I'm going to check the others.

Thank you for the effort.

I checked out the others and the only thing I can think of suggesting is that there should definitely be a reference in 'Null Gender' concerning the dysphoria that some Null gendered people feel.  Also that they sometimes feel the need to alter their appearance to remove certain gender markers such as breasts for a female and facial hair for a male.

Just a thought.  I do consider this to be important, however, because my own experience at a gender clinic had me describing (unbeknownst to myself at the time) myself as a Null gendered person and the doctors insisting they would make me a woman.  This caused me some internal conflict and I found soon afterwards that the issue was that they had no concept of Null Gendered people and neither did I.  I notified them of what I discovered afterwards, but I think it is important information for doctors and patients and others to have available.

I think we were offered a chance to submit a first person point of view to add to the definition pages (if I recall correctly).  If so, how do we submit it and what are the guidelines?

Thank you,

Rebis
  •  

Steph

Quote from: Rebis on November 28, 2007, 09:13:46 AM
    I think we were offered a chance to submit a first person point of view to add to the definition pages (if I recall correctly).  If so, how do we submit it and what are the guidelines?

Thank you,

Rebis

Any first person point of view must be submitted to myself for review before I will allow them to be added to the Wiki.  I will probably add a link to a new article that will contain them, at this time they will not be permitted to form the part of any main article.

So far the articles look very good.

Steph
  •  

RebeccaFog

Okay.  I will try to write something brief by the end of this weekend.
  •  

Pica Pica

•  

Shana A

Quote from: Marq and Mia on November 28, 2007, 08:25:19 AM
First Attempt Complete
Please review entries as you see fit and suggest further modification and growth.

M&M,

Thanks for doing this, these look very good to me. About the only thing I'd suggest adding is that some (not all) people who identify as androgyne, null, non-binary, etc., experience intense levels of gender dysphoria and thus desire hrt or surgeries to bring their body more into accordance with their gender (or lack thereof) identities.

zythyra
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•