Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The hardest part about make-up is..... what?

Started by Denise, April 21, 2017, 11:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The hardest part about doing makeup is...

Eye Shadow
2 (6.7%)
Eyeliner
18 (60%)
Lipstick/lipliner/...
3 (10%)
Foundation
2 (6.7%)
Blush
0 (0%)
Mascara
1 (3.3%)
Concealer
0 (0%)
Other - as usual, comment on what it it.
3 (10%)
I'm clean - I never touch the stuff!
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Wild Flower

Quote from: JeanetteLW on April 21, 2017, 11:28:44 PM
   I've played with makeup for many years. That doesn't mean I know what I'm doing really. I find doing my brows to be the thing I have most difficulty with. Using the pencil and getting the right shape and darkness before using a brow brush to blend and smooth it out. I recently acquired some brow templates and tried them with some success to give the shape I'm after.
  Next to brows I find I know absolutely nothing about foundation with regards to concealers and contouring. I at a complete loss beyond basic foundation and powder.

Hugs,
    Jeanette

Have you consider eyebrow microblading, I am definitely going to do that (due to eyebrow scar; or else wouldn't know it was a thing).

"Anyone who believes what a cat tells him deserves all he gets."
  •  

Niki Knight

For me its fake lashes. I wear then daily and they are a bit of a pain to put on. I wouldn't wear them but my real lashes are like non existent.

Its fun being a girl isn't .

Huggs Niki Marie

•  

jentay1367

not to be a glib smart-aleck, but I'd say the toughest part is mustering the motivation to put it on.... ;D

Over the years I have come to the realization that less is better. Most of us look much more female and feminine with a judicious hand. If there's one big clocker, it's a woman slathered in make-up. I've actually done double takes on cis women that I thought may be be trans or dressers simply because of their heavy handed use of make-up.
     If you're in the habit of really plastering it on thinking that it will hide things, take a new tact and try backing way off and then checking out your results. I think many will be pleasantly surprised with the results. Add to that, it's easier to maintain and quicker to go on. So looking better......easier....... and using less...a trifecta of wins!  L.O.L.
  •  

Harley Quinn

Quote from: Wild Flower on April 22, 2017, 11:57:29 AM
This will be a psychological response. The toughest part of make-up is looking at the makeup and realizing you need plastic surgery to even make it a remotely good platform to begin with. Make up could be powerful, but even with it on, you still end up looking like a man in drag.
It just takes practice, makeup can do quite a bit if applied correctly with a strategy in mind.  I don't think I look like a drag queen, and I'm pretty far from feminine before I put my face on.  I used to do drag, so I've seen the flamboyant war paint.  I can recommend some sites, if you like.
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: Wild Flower on April 22, 2017, 11:58:43 AM
Have you consider eyebrow microblading, I am definitely going to do that (due to eyebrow scar; or else wouldn't know it was a thing).

Thank you Flower for the education, I too had not heard of microblading. For that price I will keep practicing with the tool available for a far more reasonable price. I am still a cheapskate and have a habit of choking on price tags.  I can see however how it might help in cases of scaring as you say.

Hugs,
    Jeanette
  •  

JMJW

Eyeliner. My hands are extremely steady but it tickles my eyelashes during application meaning I blink and it goes all over my eyelid.
  •  

Wild Flower

Quote from: Harley Quinn on April 22, 2017, 03:07:45 PM
It just takes practice, makeup can do quite a bit if applied correctly with a strategy in mind.  I don't think I look like a drag queen, and I'm pretty far from feminine before I put my face on.  I used to do drag, so I've seen the flamboyant war paint.  I can recommend some sites, if you like.

I need some plastic surgery and some hormones before I actually get engage with make-up full time. The most I do is make the gothic Theda Bara eyes, but I only do that in the privacy of my room.

I'm fine, thank you though, I watch a lot of youtube makeup videos *for entertainment*. I really am still just a guy without hormones at least, and that's why make-up doesn't get to me just yet.
  •  

Wild Flower

Quote from: JeanetteLW on April 22, 2017, 03:22:06 PM
Thank you Flower for the education, I too had not heard of microblading. For that price I will keep practicing with the tool available for a far more reasonable price. I am still a cheapskate and have a habit of choking on price tags.  I can see however how it might help in cases of scaring as you say.

Hugs,
    Jeanette

I agree. If I didn't have messed up eyebrows, trust me, spending $300-$700 every 1-3 years would be like insane. I consider it an investment now lol.

I'm definitely doing it in 1 more year. You would think my masculine jaw, or heavy nose would cause me anxiety, but my eyebrow is the worst anxiety of all right now.

I don't feel attractive as a man/human being (and I at least had that value going on). Now, I don't feel as confident.

---------
It's not part of aging either cause I'M STILL IN MY EARLY-MID 20s. I'm 23.99 + tax.
  •  

noleen111

In the beginning the whole idea of makeup. It takes practice and more practice and then even more practice. The eyes is difficult in the beginning and then lipstick. I struggled to stay in the lines

These days, I actually can put it very quickly. The trick is not to put too much on and that depends on the event or even time of day. E.g Women tend to wear more makeup when they go out at night, than during the day.

I dont wear a lot of makeup daily to work. I work in an retail office environment. I wear eye shadow, line and mascara on my eyes, then lipstick with a hint of color on my cheeks.
Enjoying ride the hormones are giving me... finally becoming the woman I always knew I was
  •  

Sluggy

Definitely Eyebrows and Foundation.

My skin's always been pretty okay, few blemishes, so adding foundation makes me confused [emoji14] that and it gets in my massive, dry laugh lines and makes me look like I have cookie crumbs all over my face...

As for eyebrows, mine are naturally pretty weird (I guess it's called "curly eyebrows") so "following their natural shape" makes no sense to me. I have still not figured out a good way to shape them consistently.

As for eyeliner, you really gotta just practice forever and compare results etc. It really is like art, finding a good technique for your specific brush or open, and learning how to use the tool to shape what you want. I think eyeliner is super fun :3
  •  

Wild Flower

This forum has too many subtopics that I will never visit LOL.
  •