Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Salon hunting

Started by Shy, May 03, 2017, 12:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shy

Thank you all for your kind words and support.

I have news.

I have someone that is going to write a letter to the branch of the NHS trust involved with my care to find out why the waiting times for the CG are increasing so dramatically. Hopefully that will shed some light on things.

I'm going to write a letter to my local MP to make to explain my personal situation. I'm not sure it will make a difference, but I don't want to be invisible anymore. There is a danger that long waiting times for transgender people in the U.K. will become normalised if left unchallenged.

I want to stay on here, it's been my only means of support, but I have a high functioning autism as some of you know, and find social interaction challenging at the best of times. 

I'm fighting now, hopefully the momentum will build and I'll find my place in this world again. When I first came out the last on my mind was that I'd be lost in a system for years at a such a vulnerable stage in my life.

Anyway that's it, i'm still very emotional and raw, but that will fade with a bit of distance and a good cup of tea. I'm not sure if all this makes me a trans. activist now or not, because I'd make a rubbish one. I'm very shy you know :D

Sorry for being so fickle, I haven't been thinking straight. I have good friends here and I don't want to loose contact with you all.

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Shy
Dear Sadie:
I am so very happy to read your UPDATE and to find out that changed your mind and
that you are staying around on the Forums. YIPPIE !!!

I am encouraged on your behalf reading your report about our GC waiting times, your doctor and your plans to write to your MP.   Perhaps with other transgenders efforts you can be a big part in changing things for the better for yourself and others in a similar situation in the UK.   I will be eagerly looking for your followup reports about these issues.

You are absolutely correct that for many transgenders and many in the LBGTQ community that Susan's Place is a major source of support, encouragement, understanding and latest medical, governmental and political developments that can affect us.

Yes indeed, you should have a nice hot cup of tea... and perhaps some chocolate in the form of one of your tasty baking adventures will help a lot with being on an emotional roller coaster.   
Please don't worry about seeing yourself as "being so fickle" ....   very few of us can escape feeling that way from time to time.
As with you, I also have very good friends here and I don't want to lose contact with anyone on the Forums.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for your decision to stay around here.
Peace and love and all that good stuff, (I know, I know, I have just plagiarized your closing line.)
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Laurie

Hi Sadie,

I understand that being on the site presents a challenge for you. I'll tell you what. You just go ahead a do what you have to do. Just don't say good bye. When you can or need to come on back and let us know how you are doing. I am sure support will be here for you when you need it but just dropping in to say hello once in awhile will be enough for us.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Shy

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on January 22, 2019, 11:24:33 AM
@Shy
Dear Sadie:
I am so very happy to read your UPDATE and to find out that changed your mind and
that you are staying around on the Forums. YIPPIE !!!

I am encouraged on your behalf reading your report about our GC waiting times, your doctor and your plans to write to your MP.   Perhaps with other transgenders efforts you can be a big part in changing things for the better for yourself and others in a similar situation in the UK.   I will be eagerly looking for your followup reports about these issues.

You are absolutely correct that for many transgenders and many in the LBGTQ community that Susan's Place is a major source of support, encouragement, understanding and latest medical, governmental and political developments that can affect us.

Yes indeed, you should have a nice hot cup of tea... and perhaps some chocolate in the form of one of your tasty baking adventures will help a lot with being on an emotional roller coaster.   
Please don't worry about seeing yourself as "being so fickle" ....   very few of us can escape feeling that way from time to time.
As with you, I also have very good friends here and I don't want to lose contact with anyone on the Forums.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for your decision to stay around here.
Peace and love and all that good stuff, (I know, I know, I have just plagiarized your closing line.)
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

Thank you Danielle,

I don't know what will become of anything, there are hundreds of people in the U.K. all facing the same long waiting times. I'm just venting because I don't know what else to do. 'Better out than in' as the saying goes.

Sadie
  •  

Shy

Quote from: Laurie on January 22, 2019, 10:22:49 PM
Hi Sadie,

I understand that being on the site presents a challenge for you. I'll tell you what. You just go ahead a do what you have to do. Just don't say good bye. When you can or need to come on back and let us know how you are doing. I am sure support will be here for you when you need it but just dropping in to say hello once in awhile will be enough for us.

Hugs,
  Laurie

Thanks Laurie,

You know me too well :). I'm going to keep to my small circle of friends on this forum and not get too involved. I hope I can get back to my old playful self soon, but just for now I'm frazzled with it all and can't think clearly.

You have a lovely, perceptive soul Laurie, I appreciate your support. That was just what I needed to hear. :)

Sadie

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Shy on January 23, 2019, 05:30:40 AM

You have a lovely, perceptive soul Laurie, I appreciate your support. That was just what I needed to hear. :)

Sadie

And thank you Sadie for your kind words and thoughtful posts you have brought to this site. It may be difficult for you, Hun, but you do, do it well.

Bunch of hugs,
  Laurie

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: Laurie on January 23, 2019, 02:20:22 PM
  And thank you Sadie for your kind words and thoughtful post you have brought to this site. It may be difficult for you, Hun, but you do, do it well.

Bunch of hugs,
  Laurie

Laurie,

You look lovely.   :)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 23, 2019, 02:29:04 PM
Laurie,

You look lovely.   :)

Chrissy
I agree, but I am known to be biased...  ;)

@Sadie
Quite a few of us see and read your posts, but rarely comment.  I'm in a different part of the world with a very different support and medical system, no experience that might be relevant to you, and so rarely comment. 

But I do see you.  Your posts are read, and your presence is always welcome.

With love and respect,
Michelle P.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

davina61

Welcome back dear, as Laurie said go at your own pace. On my face ache   I have a link to UK on line Trans mag (its a forwarded post from a "friend" ) and they have been rattling the cage, we shall see. Hugs and XXXXs
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Shy

Thank you ladies :).

Been really busy with some more charity work, mainly a set of twelve illustrations for various things, plus a few forms registration forms that I managed to sneak in 'other' and 'prefer not to say' in the gender section along side the male and female checkboxes. I haven't posted them off yet, but I did go off script and i'm curious to see how they'll respond. I'm all for being politically correct, me, as long as it doesn't involve politicians.;D

peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Shy on January 29, 2019, 04:54:51 PM
Thank you ladies :).

Been really busy with some more charity work, mainly a set of twelve illustrations for various things, plus a few forms registration forms that I managed to sneak in 'other' and 'prefer not to say' in the gender section along side the male and female checkboxes. I haven't posted them off yet, but I did go off script and i'm curious to see how they'll respond. I'm all for being politically correct, me, as long as it doesn't involve politicians.;D

peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie

@Shy
Dear Sadie:
Thank you for your update on your thread. 
It is so rewarding and a personal blessing for any of us that volunteer to do charity work... Kudos to you.

I love to be involved in charity work, in the winter time, meals for shut-ins,  community dinners, cookies and treat plates for giving out to the elderly, etc... and in the summer I try to do several charity runs and charity walks that donate to good local causes.

Regarding not disclosing your gender... that reminds me of an old joke......

A blonde woman was applying for a job and on the form the little write-in box next to the word "Sex"... so in the blank space used to enter the answer, she wrote down  "YES"   

I thought it was cute and hey, I am a blonde woman so I can get away with this telling this joke.
Blondes do have more fun!!!!
Note:  If you or any of your readers and followers are offended, I will remove it.

Thanks for keeping us updated,
Hugs and hugs... and just for you: and peace and love and all that good stuff,
Danielle

•  

Laurie

Hi Sadie ,

Still here and reading your update when you dign to make them. I appreciate each of them. Wishing you well and keep up the good work,Hon.

Hug,
  Laurie

•  

Shy

Just an update of sorts.

I got a reply from the GC referring to the letter my doc sent then. It's not good, but I expected that it wouldn't be. I don't really want to go into the details, I can't do anything about it so no point moaning about it.

I've also developed sciatica which is isn't pleasant at all and guess what I had a referral letter for physiotherapy and treatment which states it will be a long wait for an appointment so have been left in pain for who knows how long with a side note that if things clear up in the meantime to let them know.

I've been writing some music, which has kept me focused for a short time but can't sit too long at my computer now before the sciatica kicks in and I have to stop. I was never one for feeling sorry for myself but I am starting to feel trapped. It feels like I've lost control of many aspects of my life and worry that my situation as it stands is unsustainable without any kind of help. I can't run at the moment which was always a great healer for me.

Anyway, sorry for the negative post but it's an honest one. It's why I haven't really been active here, I'm just not good company right now, some journeys you have to take on your own in the hope that one day you'll arrive at the destination a better person for the experience.

I wish you all well and hopefully will have some better news in the years to come.

Sadie
  •  

Shy

Well no sooner had I finished typing my woeful post above I had a letter droped through the door addressed to Sadie from the physio clinic saying they can fit me in at the end of April.
Not only is it awesome that the NHS is finally recognising me as female but I may actually get some pain relief.
Call it a bad day turned good. I was really getting worried for a while as things seemed to be compounding out of my control.

Sadie
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Shy on March 27, 2019, 07:13:23 AM
Well no sooner had I finished typing my woeful post above I had a letter droped through the door addressed to Sadie from the physio clinic saying they can fit me in at the end of April.
Not only is it awesome that the NHS is finally recognising me as female but I may actually get some pain relief.
Call it a bad day turned good. I was really getting worried for a while as things seemed to be compounding out of my control.

Sadie

@Shy
Dear Sadie:
This is a terrific morning for me to login to the Forums and see 2 new long awaited postings from you...  it is always nice to read an update from you!!!   2 months is way too long but of course you only need to post on your thread as you feel comfortable doing.   
So, what started out as a woeful post has now turned into a good news update!!!   I am very happy for you.

Please don't be a stranger here on the forums, your readers and followers are your biggest fans.... we are always rooting for your success.

Thanks again for your update.
Hugs and best wishes,
Danielle

•  

Maid Marion

Congratulations Sadie on the great news!
  •  

LizK

Hi Sadie

I am so glad you managed an update. I was hoping you would drop by. I am sorry to hear of your difficulty with the GC. Does this mean the delays will,just continue? I know the waiting can be difficult I was lucky I managed to find a Dr that did not have a waiting list.

I am an x nurse and understand just how difficult sciatica can be to manage as it is quite painful and debilitating. Not being able to run must be just adding further anguish to an already difficult situation. I hope your sciatica issues get better soon and you can return to,your therapeutic running.

Please don't think you have to stay away because of the difficulties you are having, can I suggest that because of those difficulties makes and even better eason why you should hang around...a problem shared is quite often a problem halved. We may not be able to do anything but we can listen and maybe even give some suggestions as to what will help...you are not a burden of any kind but a valued member of this community. I hope things get better for you soon.

Take care
Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Shy

Quote from: LizK on March 27, 2019, 04:41:30 PM

Hi Sadie

I am so glad you managed an update. I was hoping you would drop by. I am sorry to hear of your difficulty with the GC. Does this mean the delays will,just continue? I know the waiting can be difficult I was lucky I managed to find a Dr that did not have a waiting list.

I am an x nurse and understand just how difficult sciatica can be to manage as it is quite painful and debilitating. Not being able to run must be just adding further anguish to an already difficult situation. I hope your sciatica issues get better soon and you can return to,your therapeutic running.

Please don't think you have to stay away because of the difficulties you are having, can I suggest that because of those difficulties makes and even better eason why you should hang around...a problem shared is quite often a problem halved. We may not be able to do anything but we can listen and maybe even give some suggestions as to what will help...you are not a burden of any kind but a valued member of this community. I hope things get better for you soon.

Take care
Liz

Thanks Liz,

If things stay the way they are it will be roughly 4.5 years for my first cg appointment and another 2+ years after that before I get to see a doctor. It's a worry for sure, especially the way things are now in my country. I try not to think about it now to be honest. It is what it is, when my appointment eventually comes through I'll be grateful for any help I can get and I'm sure all of this will be forgotten.

I'm in a lot of physical pain for sure Liz, and have been since January. I'm trying to avoid the stronger pain killers if I can, still trying to stay active with some gentle exercise, but it's getting the better or me to be honest. Some days are better than others.

I hope you are well and at this point I must say goodnight as It's getting late and I needs me beauty sleep.

Sadie
  •