Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Salon hunting

Started by Shy, May 03, 2017, 12:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shy

Quote from: ElizabethK on May 30, 2017, 03:34:36 AM
The has been a deep fundamental change in me and the way I view the world and myself in it. Even after all these months I would still experience a certain amount of fear as I went out the door which ruled me until I returned some time later. That fear and apprehension seems to have disappeared for the time being. The reunion was almost like a "flooding" experience...My dysphoria has settled again to its usual background annoyance level that I can mange most days.

I know what you mean Liz.

I suppose when you throw your pebble into the mainstream it will always cause a ripple initially, but that will soon spread out and dissipate.

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

Shy

Quote from: Annecy on May 30, 2017, 09:39:31 AM
As far as "SalonHunting" goes ...
At the beginning of this year (2017)
I started perusing & replying to CL-adverts for "Hair Model Needed" ...

Not only have I had a free Trimming/Styling & free "BlowOuts" ...
I've been becoming personally familiar with some of the various local HairSalons ...
& local individual up&coming beauticians ...

Sounds like you're having fun Annecy, free is always good. Sadly me and my hair parted company forty years ago, so it's more of a wig fitting experience for me. Plus the odd makeover or two.

Sadie
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Shy on May 30, 2017, 03:28:53 PM
Hi Laurie,

With all the talk of train wrecks, sharp bends and corruption I decided to take the bus instead ;D

Sadie

Dratz Foiled again!

Hugs,
    Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Shy

Well Sadie's back full time again after the little 'unintentional' interlude.
Much happier now, I really hate going out without my face and glad rags on. I seem to have done a 180 from a few months back where It was terrified to step out the door. Spent the morning in town mainly food shopping, but it was just nice to get out as me.

Sadie
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Shy on May 31, 2017, 07:32:59 AM
Well Sadie's back full time again after the little 'unintentional' interlude.
Much happier now, I really hate going out without my face and glad rags on. I seem to have done a 180 from a few months back where It was terrified to step out the door. Spent the morning in town mainly food shopping, but it was just nice to get out as me.

Sadie

Morning Sadie,

Ahhhh Now I understand why you've been oscillating between pensive and cranky. Welcome back Sadie and  get thee gone imposter!!

I sitting here pondering to take my sister to an early morning doctor's appoint  With polish on or polish off in male mode, female mode, or hybrid. I am becoming a little more comfortable as myself. Decisions decisions.

Oh well, Glad the old girl is back Sadie and glad you are feeling better.

Hugs,
    Laurie

•  

Shy

Quote from: Laurie on May 31, 2017, 07:45:53 AM
Morning Sadie,

Ahhhh Now I understand why you've been oscillating between pensive and cranky. Welcome back Sadie and  get thee gone imposter!!

I sitting here pondering to take my sister to an early morning doctor's appoint  With polish on or polish off in male mode, female mode, or hybrid. I am becoming a little more comfortable as myself. Decisions decisions.

Oh well, Glad the old girl is back Sadie and glad you are feeling better.

Hugs,
    Laurie

Its that Mr Miyagi training kicking in again Laurie. "polish on, polish off, polish on polish off" Good for learning patience but terrible for your nails.
Glad to hear you're getting more comfy, seriously girl you look amazing. Wear what makes you feel happy  :D

Sadie
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Shy on May 31, 2017, 08:02:45 AM
Its that Mr Miyagi training kicking in again Laurie. "polish on, polish off, polish on polish off" Good for learning patience but terrible for your nails.
Glad to hear you're getting more comfy, seriously girl you look amazing. Wear what makes you feel happy  :D

Sadie

Alas Sadie,

It was a polish off kind of day and went to my sister's appointment in hybrid mode. Besides I'm going to do a bit of grocery shopping and possible a trip into my bank today. But hey I can polish on again with a different color when I'm done!
  Thank you for the compliment and I am getting to where I want to wear my clothes more often but I'm still not ready to do it all the time yet.

I hope you are having a good day.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Shy

All blood tests came back clear for the muscle spasms I've been getting. Kind of good news and bad news because i'm no closer to knowing what's going on. Next appointment with the doc is in three weeks. I hate all this not knowing.

Sadie's half in half out today, really too hot for the wig, so wearing a silk head wrap instead. But nails are painted a nice burgundy, wearing some really comfy yoga gear.
I feel a little awkward presenting in the heat as I haven't started HRT and the lightweight summer clothes just give me away with my flat chest. I certainly don't want to go with breast forms, I want the girls when they arrive to be all mine, so it's baggy tops in the hope that nobody notices.

Sadie

•  

LizK

Good news on the blood tests...at least it is another thing off the list of possibility...I know it doesn't solve the problem but at least you are one step closer.

Wigs on hot days can be really hard to handle...I would just sweat :icon_archery:
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

CharleeGrrl

I love your hair! Perfect!!

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

•  

Shy

Quote from: ElizabethK on June 01, 2017, 05:30:48 AM
Good news on the blood tests...at least it is another thing off the list of possibility...I know it doesn't solve the problem but at least you are one step closer.

Wigs on hot days can be really hard to handle...I would just sweat :icon_archery:

Thanks Liz :)
I guess getting "wiggy" with it on hot days is going to take some practice, I don't want to slow cook the few brain cells I have left  ;D

Sadie

•  

Shy

Quote from: CharleeGrrl on June 01, 2017, 11:49:45 AM
I love your hair! Perfect!!

Why thank you CharleeGrrl, that's very sweet of you to say.  :)  :)  :)

Sadie
  •  

CharleeGrrl

Thank you, sister! And u as well, always.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

•  

CharleeGrrl

That's why growing out and styling your own is always better. And using Aryan Oil to soften your hair just before blow drying also helps soften your hair and makes it really manageable.

•  

Laurie

Quote from: CharleeGrrl on June 02, 2017, 04:35:25 AM
That's why growing out and styling your own is always better. And using Aryan Oil to soften your hair just before blow drying also helps soften your hair and makes it really manageable.

Alas Charleegrrl, Though we would dearly love to grow out our own hair and luxuriate in it, some of us old fogies no longer have that option so we are forced to use alternative means to cover our bald pates.

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

CharleeGrrl

Sorry, typo. ARGAN. NOT aryan. Darned predictive typing.

•  

CharleeGrrl

Well, maybe your hair is "older". I'm really not too sure about that, as I'm 61. But ok. It really does make it softer and my hair "breathes" better. I can card my hair with my fingers for days after using Argan oil. Ordinary conditioner doesn't do that. It's not expensive; give it a try.

•  

Laurie

Quote from: CharleeGrrl on June 02, 2017, 01:47:00 PM
Well, maybe your hair is "older". I'm really not too sure about that, as I'm 61. But ok. It really does make it softer and my hair "breathes" better. I can card my hair with my fingers for days after using Argan oil. Ordinary conditioner doesn't do that. It's not expensive; give it a try.

CharleeGrrl

I seriously doubt argan oil is going to do anything for this head of hair. btw I'm 64.

lmao

Hugs,
    Laurie

•  

CharleeGrrl

Quote from: Shy on May 03, 2017, 12:00:47 PM
Found my go to beauty salon today after a lot of searching around and feeling awkward:)

Spent the afternoon looking through wigs and trying on different styles. It was quite emotional for me being the first time I've seen my self with hair in 40 years.
The staff were amazing with me, I came out feeling another box has been ticked. They are happy to help me with my transition and get me looking my best for the upcoming gender clinic appointments. I felt right at home and accepted,
so a good day for me :)

Peace and love and all that good stuff

Sadie
God's unlimited love be with you in all things. I am so very happy for you! You have every right to be who you are. So be who you are! And know that my prayers are with you, always.

•  

CharleeGrrl

Quote from: Laurie on May 03, 2017, 01:03:12 PM
  Hi Sadie,

I still can't bring myself to do something like that. Keep it up and you'll leave me gasping for breath in your dust.

I did look online again for a place to inquire about electrolysis and once again I find I have only one option fairly close without going into Portland. I've even bookmarked the site, have a shortcut on my desktop to the address and phone number, and haven't called them yet. I am leery about it as I can't really find any reviews or ratings. The site has little actual information on it except the tech does it by appointment only and is board certified. No menu of services, nor any pricing info.
  Again I find myself disappointed with the lack of resources available in and around Portland.

Good for you Sadie. Keep on truckin.

Hugs,
   laurie
Hi! I read your message to Sadie and I want to tell you that you have nothing to fear. Truly!
   Don't be afraid; most people at a professional level "see it all, do it all". And they need to make money to pay rent, eat food, just like everybody else.
   So don't be afraid to ask about services and prices. Use your femme name, and explain truthfully who you really are, and what your objectives are.
   Most women are pretty sympathetic to mtf's. I'm not sure why; maybe its because we're "joining the club"?
   Write down everything and write back to us all so we can go there, too!
   Lots of love and light to you from beautiful Idaho!

•