Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Childhood Sexual Abuse

Started by flytrap, January 16, 2017, 09:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flytrap

I am really new on the forum and am horrified  to see how many other members experienced childhood sexual abuse!!!

I was molested by Mom and my cousin raped me when I was in second grade. With Dad it was all psycholgical. I knew Grandpop was a drunk and beat Dad and the other the 6 kids, but it was only a few years ago that Mom told me she was raped by her older brother. It doesn't make what the did to me right, but after 8 years of therapy I understand that it runs in families. 

Abusers marry abusers and they abuse their children. It seems normal to them because that was how they were raised and they have all the anger and pain from when they were abused locked up in them. It gets worse and worse and worse. Generation after generation. Until it gets like it did with me and almost 30 cousins. I am the only one with dissociative identity but the rest suffer from bruxism, substance abuse, severe depression and other psychoses.

But the cycle ended with us. One way or another almost none of us had kids of our own. Some couldn't be close to anyone and never married. Some killed themselves. Some died from substance abuse. Some have same sex partners (not saying that is wrong just that they didn't have kids). Some had abortions. I'm crazy and think I have 6 people in my head. My Primary is married. He is in his 50's and has never been able to bring himself to have sex. My doctor prescribed estrogen and testosterone blockers 7 years ago because he thought Primary was transsexual. It took 5 years for them to figure out the reason it helped wasn't gender dysphoria. Chemical castration gave my brain peace in knowing I could NEVER have kids of my own.
  •  

Charlie Nicki

So sorry to hear that! Hope you get through this.
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Jennifer RachaelAnn

I know where you're coming from. I was molested when I was 10. I was ashamed and thought it was my fault. That I drove the person to do it. It took me 25 years to realize that I wasn't at fault.

Also I understand the abuse you're going thru. My mother was verbally, mentally, and emotionally abusive. I mean what mother looks their 8 year old child in the eye, and tells the child that she wished she had aborted them? And Dad.... He was a drunk and a violent one. He loved to knock me around. I finally had enough one day and when he came at me I hit him as hard as I could with a shovel. It made me feel better at the moment to take my power back, but it didn't help the situation. In fact that made it worse. He upped the anti and got more violent more often. I eventually left home and disappeared. He found out where I was and came up and stole my truck. Since it had been parked in his driveway a lot I guess that made it his, even tho I was the one that paid for it, insured it, and legally owned it. I guess that all meant nothing. It was, obviously his. He just loaned it to me on occasion.

Thankfully both my parents are dead. I don't miss either of them. I went to each of their funerals, for about 5 minutes each. I pulled up a chair and relieved myself on them, then left to celebrate. I know, I'm cold hearted as hell, but you know what? I don't care.

"Kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates."
"There are many who would take my time. I shun them.
There are some who share my time. I am entertained by them.
There are precious few who contribute to my time. I cherish them."

-Anton Szandor LaVey

•  

Charlie Nicki

Wow Jennifer, glad you were able to go through that and survive.
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •