Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Pissed At My Therapist

Started by Jennifer RachaelAnn, April 28, 2017, 05:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer RachaelAnn

So I saw my therapist Thursday like normal. Things were going good until we got on the topic of me doing things just to create conflict. Due to my past, I agreed with her. For the most part. Then she said it seemed that I only claim to be transgender to create that conflict. Are you freaking kidding me?! I couldn't believe that she would even think something that offensive, let alone say it. The idea alone just makes me sick. But other people know that we're just bored and wanting to see what kind of reactions we can get if we pretend to be the opposite sex, right? Uh, NO. If you think something like that then you must be one of the Stupid's. They're a simple minded family. The father of the family even claims to be his own grandfather.

I need to go buy a punching bag. I just need to beat on something and I have nothing here. If I had the $ I would go to the shooting range. That would help too. I would enjoy murdering a sheet of paper, right about now.

Permission to scream?

And to people who actually think this crap:
It's easier to take head out of your ass if you don't have your foot in your mouth.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
"There are many who would take my time. I shun them.
There are some who share my time. I am entertained by them.
There are precious few who contribute to my time. I cherish them."

-Anton Szandor LaVey

•  

JeanetteLW

WOW! I don't know what to say but I think I can understand the outrage.

Hugs,
   Laurie (starting to like it I think)

Sorry folks, In this day and age  that suggest would raise alarms everywhere. Years ago it would be seen only as a means to let off some steam harmlessly.  Times have changed and it is inappropriate. My apologies to those I've  offended.

Laurie aka Jeanette
  •  

Violets

Time to find another therapist, perhaps?

•  

AnonyMs

I'd have asked the therapist if they were trying to provoke some kind of reaction or thoughts, of if they were ignorant.

Maybe if I was trying to be polite I'd have asked what the purpose of the question was, only I already told my psych I wouldn't filter my words like I normally do.
  •  

Raell

You could google LGBTQ centers near you for therapist recommendations.

Then google your current therapist's boss or dept. head and file a transphobic harassment complaint.
  •  

JoanneB

Quote from: AnonyMs on April 28, 2017, 11:21:37 PM
I'd have asked the therapist if they were trying to provoke some kind of reaction or thoughts, of if they were ignorant.

Maybe if I was trying to be polite I'd have asked what the purpose of the question was, only I already told my psych I wouldn't filter my words like I normally do.
I tend to agree.

I see part of a therapists role as being the one to ask the questions you don't want to hear or think about. Questions you might not of even known to ask yourself. Sometimes they just might hit a raw nerve or two.

BTW - Check the range rules before you go. Many these days don't even like you shooting at silhouette targets, much less anything with a for real face on it
.          (Pile Driver)  
                    |
                    |
                    ^
(ROCK) ---> ME <--- (HARD PLACE)
  •  

AnonyMs

Quote from: JoanneB on April 29, 2017, 07:47:43 AM
BTW - Check the range rules before you go. Many these days don't even like you shooting at silhouette targets, much less anything with a for real face on it

I don't understand that bit?
  •  

JoanneB

Quote from: AnonyMs on April 29, 2017, 08:06:39 AM
I don't understand that bit?
A reference from another response

Quote from: JeanetteLW on April 28, 2017, 11:04:20 PM
Take  a picture of your therapist to the range....

Hugs,
   Laurie (starting to like it I think)
.          (Pile Driver)  
                    |
                    |
                    ^
(ROCK) ---> ME <--- (HARD PLACE)
  •  

Jennifer RachaelAnn

I took into consideration the idea of finding a new therapist. The only problem is that I have been seeing this one for somewhere between 3-4 years, and I REALLY like her. I have seen several therapists thru my life, but none as amazing as her. She has hit a raw nerve from time to time, but not very often. I don't want to dump her, but I'm not willing to consider tolerating comments like she made. From anyone whether I know them or not.
"There are many who would take my time. I shun them.
There are some who share my time. I am entertained by them.
There are precious few who contribute to my time. I cherish them."

-Anton Szandor LaVey

•  

AnonyMs

Why not find out why your therapist said that?

You could say it upset you and you want to know why she said it. Make sure she doesn't turn it back on you.

I'm not particularly typical, but the first thing I did with my psych was evaluate him. At the start of my fist session I opened with saying I'm there about trans issues and asking him to tell me what he knew about the subject. After getting that I unloaded everything about me.

By the second session I'd realized my psych was extremely difficult to read, and I couldn't work out anything about him. I'm not very trusting and I didn't like that at all, so I put put him a fair bit of pressure to get some kind of reaction out of him (which I did). He didn't kick me out, and I learned enough to establish a really good relationship. I can ignore the (very) occasional slip-up because I know why its happening and its nothing malicious.
  •