Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Tattoos and fat redistribution

Started by ImSomething, May 11, 2017, 10:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImSomething

So a group of my friends are all looking at getting a small tattoo to remember this last year at my community college. I have talked to my mother and thought it through and feel that this might be cool to do with little to no consequences. My concern is that if I get it in a specific place, the redistribution of fat from HRT would warp it. What places on the body would be relatively safe to get a tattoo? What places specifically would NOT be safe for a long-lasting tattoo?
xoxo
Renée
Began HRT: 1-5-2018
Involuntary HRT hiatus: 3-7-18 - 3-28-18
  •  

LizK

If its really small its probably not going to matter too much....but obviously boobs, butt, hips, thighs, are all going to experience some growth

Do you want to be able to cover it most of the time or show it most of the time and do you want to be able to see it or just other people?

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Dena

Personally I have no tattoos and have no intention of getting one. The reason is early on I suspected as I got older my taste in tattoos might change and because they weren't possible to remove, I might latter regret getting one. I know that tattoos can now be removed but there could still be marks as the result of removed tattoos.

I would suggest that you wait until you transition and have decided on a profession as sometimes what is appropriate will change in that short period of time.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Colleen_definitely

I can attest to the fact that laser tattoo removal is FAR more painful than laser hair removal.  It is also extremely expensive.

So just to be safe, if you do get a tattoo don't get one with red ink in it and limit the yellow if possible.  Red just can't get removed with today's technology and yellow is only partially removed.  I'm likely to have what looks like a small bruise on my arm due to the yellow in the one I'm having burned off.

As for the placement, just keep it off of anything you really expect to grow when HRT does its thing.  Arms, ankles, back, and abdomen should be pretty safe.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •