Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Tummy Tuck

Started by Megan., September 27, 2016, 02:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brooke

I totally get that pity unto runners. One of best friends is extremely athletic, into the endurance and extreme sides of fitness. She has held world records in weight lifting, her idea of a low activity day is 15k steps. Her idea of a good time at the Grand Canyon a rim, to rim, to rim in one day.

We both me crazy but I still think she's insane!

I'll keep the appetite in mind. Like you I'm just trying to get a more appeal physical appearance. And that floppy skin makes more intense activities not very comfortable.

I was also wondering about how much skin would weigh once removed. I was guessing just a few lbs.

Hope your back on your feet soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Megan.

Update: 10 days post - measured my waist, and found it's actually increased by a couple of inches 😞, I have to assume that this is fluid and swelling as in contrast my weight has continued to fall since the Op, and I have lost a total of 15 pounds since the day of the Op, though I'm eating healthily.
One other item is the (hopefully temporary) impact on my feminine voice, the recovery has reduced my strength and control of my diaphragm, chest voice has been less impacted, but head voice was almost gone and is only slowly coming back.
  •  

Megan.

Update: 13 days post - Saw the nurse this morning to have the final lot of dressings removed, she said my recovery and healing is one of the best she's seen 😊. The surgeon also gave me the thumbs up, so all good. I'll post some new photos tmrw after I've finally had a shower, I can't wait for that!
I was 171 lbs this morning, I'd like to be 160 ideally, but if I lose too much more weight I could end up with more extra skin, so I'll have to find a good compromise.
  •  

Michelle_P

Wow, Megan!  You're healing fast, and what a nice bonus to be closing in on your goal weight!

Congratulations again!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Megan.

As promised, I have now added a couple of additional '2-week' images to the timeline below:

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/megan_james7/slideshow/Tummy%20Tuck

You can see a few red patches where I had some blistering from the original set of post-surgical dressings, likely a mild allergy to something in the adhesive, these should clear up in time. I used a different brand of dressings following this problem without any further issue.
I'm moisturizing the entire area twice a day, and today I plan to start using some kelo-cote silicone gel to also aid the scar recovery and appearance.

Overall fairly happy so far. To my eyes I don't feel the surgeon made the center line very straight, but it's early days and as skin and muscle relax back over the next few weeks/months I'll see how I feel about things.

Megan. X
  •  

Megan.

Quick update: Finally got out for gentle 2 mille run last week, and twice again this week. The hernia repair I had done in tandem with my tummy tuck felt a bit tight on the first run, but is easing up. It feels great to be able to hit the road again, even spoiled myself with new pair of running shoes.
I continue to clean and moisturize the scars daily and apply silicon gel twice daily. A few more sutures have been spit out, I just used some tweezers to cleanly remove them.
  •  

Cailan Jerika

Following. I've lost about 100 pounds with about 45 pounds to go. I also plan for a pannulectomy, rectus diastasis repair, and hernia repair (I refuse to call it a "tummy tuck," which I feel trivializes my medical issues and makes it sound like a minor cosmetic procedure). I have a grade 2 panniculus, which hangs past my pubic bone, not just loose skin. The doc estimates I'll lose 10-15 pounds of skin and subq fat. However, it may be a long time before I can do this, thanks to money woes.

•  

Megan.

Callan,  congrats on the weight loss so far,  and best of luck. I'm all healed up nicely now. Some of the scaring towards my ribs is a bit keloid,  but I'm otherwise happy. The hernia repair still gives the odd twinge when I go for a longer run,  but I've done a couple of triathlons in the last few months without any issue. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Megan.

It's been almost 11 months since my Op (seems longer wierdly). I thought I'd post a final image on this thread, as HRT is starting (slowly)  to do its thing I'm getting a bit more concious about sharing pictures publicly. I'm overall very happy and glad I had the operation.
The scaring towards my rib cage is worst still a bit red and keloid,  and my belly button is a little on the wonky side,  but I actually kinda like that.
The swimming I've been doing seems to have helped with the hernia repair I had done at the same time,  this now gives me no bother at all.
You'll also notice my butterfly tattoo, a 40th birthday treat to myself a few months back.
Please PM me if you have any questions about my procedure or recovery. X

•  

Cindy

Well done Hon!

I like the tattoo as well, very pretty.

What I hadn't realised was your incredible weight loss and strength and fortitude. Well done indeed.

I can beat your belly button though. I know have two as they put a PEG tube into me to feed me when my throat was burned out. When it was pulled out it left another belly button mark :laugh:

I'm going to show it off this summer on my bikini flaunts.

Congratulations and well done.
  •  

Megan.

Ty Cindy. I'll never be a bikini model,  but I'm happy [emoji4],  though now feeling slightly inadequate with only my single belly button [emoji853].

•  

Dani

megan,

I had a tummy tuck also. When I need a swim suit, I like a good snug Speedo one piece. It works for me! 8)
  •