Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Orchiectomy cost and concerns

Started by Tracey, June 01, 2017, 10:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris8080

So how are ya doing this morning? Pain better? Worse? The same? Swelling down any? Mentally better than before? I would ask them for a couple of pillows to prop up my head so I could watch but I'm sure all that giggling when they snip them off would be distracting for them.  ;D
  •  

Devlyn

It's not pain so much as a feeling of cramping. Standard kick to the jewels feeling, but it ain't going away. Mentally I do feel satisfied. I'm on estrogen only now, no more Spiro, and I'm happy about that. Although I was liking the extra salt requirement!  :laugh:

The last week before the surgery flew by for me, I hope it's the same for you.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Chris8080

I run out of spiro the week before surgery, last week my doctor wrote and told me to not bother refilling the script. She did say to stay on the finasteride though. I've read where some are instructed to stop hormones a week before surgery but my surgeon only said no aspirin or aspirin products for two weeks before. Nothing to eat or drink for 12 hours before. That's the tough part, going in cold without my caffeine. Yikes.
  •  

Devlyn

The prep nurse was explaining the sequence of events to me and she said I'd be getting something to relax me before I went to surgery. I asked for coffee flavour.  :laugh:
  •  

josie76

Devlyn, congrats on getting the stones removed!  :D
Did it end up being ingunal? I just read about your bruising. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

I'm getting closer to being able to get it done myself. My urologist would just do it through the midline of the scrotum. I have decent self pay prices for both her and the surgical center. Can't seem to get a call back or email return from the anesthesiologist billing person though. I have had a vesectomy so I'm hoping bruising will be minimal since my cords we're already cut, burnt, and sewn closed. Just waiting to see.
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

Chris8080

Quote from: josie76 on September 09, 2017, 07:56:59 AMI have had a vesectomy so I'm hoping bruising will be minimal since my cords we're already cut, burnt, and sewn closed. Just waiting to see.

Now that's interesting and curious. I had never thought of that before, have you asked the Urologist anything about that. Will be most interesting to get an answer. Curious minds just gotta know.
  •  

Devlyn

Thanks, Josie! It was a midline incision on the scrotum, but the bruising has really spread. Pretty sure I wouldn't have wanted to be awake for any of it!  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Dee Marshall

Glad it went well!

Devlyn, I remember you always used to self-identify as a cross dresser. I was surprised when you said that you were going for the orchi. Did your identity evolve? (Obviously, not that it had to.)

:

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!

Think outside the voice box!

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Devlyn

Thanks, Dee! Yeah, as late as February I didn't plan on surgery. But the blockers were a total flop in my case, and one of the choices my doctor offered was the orchi, so I thought it over and decided to go this route.

I have evolved, I leave the crossdresser on my avatar so people can see they'll be supported here no matter their identity.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

HappyMoni

Hi Devlyn,
   I would like to add my congrats as well. You may have talked about this and I missed it, but is this your end game? Are you looking at vaginoplasty at a later date or is this your happy place?
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Devlyn

Thanks Moni! I'm very much in a happy place. Surgery was not initially part of the plan, but a plot twist had it become my answer. I'm not interested in a vagina, though.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Devlyn

I  need to rephrase that.

"I'm not interested in a vagina...on me."

I'd still take a look at one.  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Ashley3

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on September 09, 2017, 05:12:37 AM
Finally got a cup of coffee.  :)

My favorite post-OP moment.  :D 

Congrats again Devlyn... get well soon! A big hug, Ashley
  •  

josie76

Quote from: Chris8080 on September 09, 2017, 08:21:40 AM
Now that's interesting and curious. I had never thought of that before, have you asked the Urologist anything about that. Will be most interesting to get an answer. Curious minds just gotta know.

I didn't ask and she never said. I just figure there's only blood vessels and a bit of tissue holding in. After the vesectomy they were a little freer to move about. That caused some pain once in a while for a few years. I'm just guessing / hoping that means they'll slide out easy.

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on September 09, 2017, 08:40:13 AM
Thanks, Josie! It was a midline incision on the scrotum, but the bruising has really spread. Pretty sure I wouldn't have wanted to be awake for any of it!  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn
Ok midline is what my dr will do too.

Do you know what your out of pocket is yet? Just curious still. Looks like I need about $3000 which I'm very close to right now.

I'd just love to be free of those things. That and in case it takes many years before I might get vaginoplasty, she will sign the paperwork so I can do the legal stuff the moment I feel ready to. That is a plus to me.
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

Devlyn

No, but I'll put the numbers up as soon as I get them. ACA cheerleaders will moan, but
I  know a lot of people who forego insurance because the penalty is all they can afford.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on September 09, 2017, 07:41:11 PM
No, but I'll put the numbers up as soon as I get them. ACA cheerleaders will moan, but
I  know a lot of people who forego insurance because the penalty is all they can afford.

Hugs, Devlyn
I did that until I convinced my current employer that I wouldn't go full time without insurance.

:

Think outside the voice box!

•  

Devlyn

Taken right before they wheeled me in for surgery.

•  

HappyMoni

Lots of white Devlyn, very virginal looking, but then you are sooo pure of heart.  :)
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Devlyn

Looks can be deceiving!  >:-)

I just about flatlined getting the iv put in and was "shaking like a leaf" in the nurse's words so she brought me a hot blanket.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Chris8080

Another "lucky" for me, needles just don't bother me. As I said earlier, if they would let me I would get pillows to prop up my head so I could watch.  ;D

So Devlyn, two days now, how are feeling? Getting more comfortable I hope. Swelling going down? Hoping for a quick, easy recovery for you. Keep us informed on progress and changes please.
  •