Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

GCS with McGinn (After so many years waiting)

Started by HappyMoni, June 08, 2017, 09:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelle_P

I'm just happy to hear that Moni is doing OK.  (Yes, when I know one of the folks here is going into surgery, I worry.  I seem to be 'Mom' to some of the folks in my support groups in the real world as well.  Probably instinctive.  I'm wired that way.)

Glad to hear that Moni is doing OK.  Clyde has gone on to a better place.  Or places...
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

RachelH

I am so happy for you Moni!!  Wishing you a very speedy recovery!!
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on July 02, 2017, 06:53:25 PM
I'm not wearing my glasses, but I see that whatever she gave
you, one of them points right and one points left.  >:-)

That happens Devlin. I took the sparkly picture first and turned Clyde over and he was upside down so I had to turn him the other direction. T'was just a lack of planning (I try not to do that and now you see why) and forethought on the part of the camera operator.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

V

Hi Moni,
So glad to hear that all is OK and you are well on the road to recovery.
I don't remember the farting thing, but I do remember not being able to focus properly.
Take care, and it sure sounds like you have a great support network around you.
  •  

SadieBlake

How'd the unveiling go love?

Hugs, wishing you many happy dilations to come.
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

HappyMoni

Gross warning if u read on.
Hi my wonderful friends! So much has gone on here. I laid down here, I laid down there, just so much going on all looking very much the same. So this is the rundown as my feeble brain remembers. Last evening at 7PM Dr. McGinn removed the vaginal packing which did not hurt. She had stitched in the outside padding to the skin. That hurt but was quick. She said she could numb it but it was just as many sticks. To be honest, pain was not an issue for me during this, the nausea and weakness where more my problem. I used a wheelchair there and back to the car. No way I could have walked that far. Since I had bled to the ponit of maybe needing a transfusion, this  was a big part of  my weakness. She was very gentle the whole time. Once the packing was out she had to clean out the blood and then trimmed some extra skin so as not to confuse things when dilating. She  then repacked the area of the mons to clear up the  blood/bleeding issue. I go Wed. to remove that. Next she cheched for sensitivity at the clitorus. It had feeling. Finally, she showed me dilation. She seemed very happy with depth. I am not sure what is good as far as dots but I could see 2 and the third was barely visible. Is that okay. I had to pack my tighter underware  with pads to keep pressure on the area. Before I got up I felt dizzy, so she laid me down and said take as much time as I needed. You know me, always making a wisecrack but I found mmyself only in awe of her. I asked how she liked making so many people's dreams come true. She said that it was her privilege to do it.
Am about out of energy but just got back in bed after peeing. By the time I am back to bed I am shivering like crazy. The other thing  about peeing is an observation. It is like driving  a car. For years I drove that car with Clyde as my steering wheel. Now I get on the toilet and there ain't no steering wheel. It has a serious mind of its own. I don't want to raise anyone's anxiety here but this really kicks your butt.
Love to all,
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

SadieBlake

Luv to you hon, yes the first pee is so different. It's still different and be forewarned as healing progresses, you may find the stream is sometimes very slow - if so that's probably some swelling and not to worry so long as you can pee, all is ok and if at some point you can't that's very fixable, not fun but not a worry.

Nausea: for me that's caused by oxycodone, maybe it's different for you but here's a prescription I was given because I'd told them ahead I was prone to extreme nausea both coming out of anesthesia and from narcotic pain killers. It's called ondansetron, aka zofran. It worked amazingly for me, I* should have mentioned it to you before.

Depth at the 3rd dot visible is about 4.5 inches, definitely all you need except for with the largest of lovers.

About energy, yeah at this stage, just getting up to pee was a big deal, I'm gonna go lookup my whereabouts in sf on Google maps but I can tell you it was quite a while before i walked so much as a block. You're definitely on the range of normal hon.

<Edit>
p.s. ok I looked back at my location history and I was out to day 8 before I walked more than 40' at a time and certainly I was out to 12 days post op before I could do more than 1/10th of a normal walking pace and was 3 weeks before I could walk a mile (and I regretted doing that, it was probably what opened up a section of stitches).

Hugs again and so happy for you.
  •  

LizK

Quote from: HappyMoni on July 03, 2017, 06:31:47 PM
   Gross warning if u read on.
Hi my wonderful friends! So much has gone on here. I laid down here, I laid down there, just so much going on all looking very much the same. So this is the rundown as my feeble brain remembers. Last evening at 7PM Dr. McGinn removed the vaginal packing which did not hurt. She had stitched in the outside padding to the skin. That hurt but was quick. She said she could numb it but it was just as many sticks. To be honest, pain was not an issue for me during this, the nausea and weakness where more my problem. I used a wheelchair there and back to the car. No way I could have walked that far. Since I had bled to the ponit of maybe needing a transfusion, this  was a big part of  my weakness. She was very gentle the whole time. Once the packing was out she had to clean out the blood and then trimmed some extra skin so as not to confuse things when dilating. She  then repacked the area of the mons to clear up the  blood/bleeding issue. I go Wed. to remove that. Next she cheched for sensitivity at the clitorus. It had feeling. Finally, she showed me dilation. She seemed very happy with depth. I am not sure what is good as far as dots but I could see 2 and the third was barely visible. Is that okay. I had to pack my tighter underware  with pads to keep pressure on the area. Before I got up I felt dizzy, so she laid me down and said take as much time as I needed. You know me, always making a wisecrack but I found mmyself only in awe of her. I asked how she liked making so many people's dreams come true. She said that it was her privilege to do it.
Am about out of energy but just got back in bed after peeing. By the time I am back to bed I am shivering like crazy. The other thing  about peeing is an observation. It is like driving  a car. For years I drove that car with Clyde as my steering wheel. Now I get on the toilet and there ain't no steering wheel. It has a serious mind of its own. I don't want to raise anyone's anxiety here but this really kicks your butt.
Love to all,
Moni

Great to hear of your recovery progressing... peppermint tea and ginger are both good for nausea.,,if you can stomach them  ;)

Hope things keep progressing well, take care 

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

jentay1367

Checking in......so glad you're doing well! I understand  your pee stream will straighten out when swelling subsides.
Sleep tight!
  •  

Laurie

Hi Moanie,

Read your update.. Sheesh is that the best you could do? Heck you act as if someone just cut of Clides and friends then did major surgery or something. Well I guess it is still progress and we casual observers will have to be satisfied with what we get.  Take it easy, there's no rush.

Loves ya weirdo,

Hugs,
   Laurie

Going down the road again tonight.

•  

HappyMoni

Hi everybody, I'm back again. I'm stronger today at day 8. Yesterday was the worst day. I felt pretty rotten all around nausea, bleeding, swelling, no dilation, no energy. In the middle of the night I had my first BM which wasn't too bad, it was solid and I tried  not to strain with it. For some reason, I am more myself this morning (be afraid, be very afraid), so I woke up had a shower, ate a breakfast, and went to see Brianna at Dr. McGinn's. She removed the packing from below the sutures and repacked the area. I go back to see the doctor tomorrow and she will check with the speculum to see if internals are ok. If all good, I can leave for home on Friday. Yea!
   Let me see, things I have learned. It is wonderful to have at least  one meal, breakfast taken care of by the place you are staying at. I can not imagine doing this procedure without help of some kind. I am neither the strongest or the weakest person, but this is a long period of time to do everything you need to do, you feel like crap, and if you have complications, it can be downright dangerous to be on your own. It has been so stressful, I haven't even taken to heart what this change even means yet. I am more in survival mode than, "Oh what a life change."  There have been a few times in recent days where I said, "What the hell have I done to myself, voluntarily making myself feel like crap like this." No regrets though. Some say dysphoria is instantly gone. I haven't even contemplated this yet.
   I know the paragraph above will stress a good friend of mine and I don't want to do that, but I don't do any favors by sugar coating either.
   Hope everyone   is doing well. Thank you for the support, it helped. XOXOXO
Moni

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

jentay1367

Be good to yourself, Moni. It's pretty well known that major surgery and anesthesia can cause some pretty severe depression. So  keep that in your consciousness so you can combat it. Glad to see you posting! Be well!
  •  

SadieBlake

Monica intoned:
QuoteI am more in survival mode than, "Oh what a life change."  There have been a few
times in recent days where I said, "What the hell have I done to myself, voluntarily making myself feel like crap like this." No regrets though. Some say dysphoria is instantly gone. I haven't even contemplated this yet.

You already know, I can so relate to this, I see you've replied to my latest so you know I've turned another couple of corners myself, gonna go look-see what you intoned over there.

Big hugs and wishes for fast healing. We know there will be 2 step forward & 1 back days, that's just part of it. So glad to hear your happy news.

[Edit]
p.s. I don't think I'll ever know if being too ambitious in walking in weeks 2, 3 post op were responsible for the opening of the left suture line, that was also the side where the drains were located so it seems likely that caused some weakness on that side and problems in that area are experienced post op by many.

Still, I think be cautious in activity - too much too soon can definitely cause problems.

Hugs again :-)

S
  •  

Laurie

Hi Moany,

Glad you are finally having a better day and wish you many more. I know you have a superior support team there to assist you and I'm sur you made good use of them. Been thinking I wish I wasn't so easily detoured by then minor issues of crowds of humanity, narrow streets and difficult parking. I will admit it is what kept be from remaining about night in the DC area and seeing Georgette. But it also was the deciding factor in not returning back to New Hope to visit you again. By that time i was overloaded on exposure to those factors and removed myself to more comfortable conditions. Sorry.

There is always the possibility of a future road trip as I enjoy getting out on the road. Perhaps another visit with you and your partner will be a destination again. It could happen.

Anyway get well and enjoy learning the new you.

All the best to you and your better half.
Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

p

Thanks so much for keeping us in the loop, Moni. I am keeping you in my thoughts and am so glad to hear that things seem to be progressing well. It is a long road you are on, but it seems that the worst is behind you. Sending you love!  :-*
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •  

LizK

You are sounding much better today and that ios great to hear..."enjoy" the rest of your recovery(Laurie free  ;) )
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Rachel

Hi Monica,

I am glad you are eating and finally feeling better. I was concerned and am now relieved, good luck with your tip home tomorrow.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

HappyMoni

Hi everyone,

I love all your sweet posts and thank you so much. Although  I am still in the area to see the doctor, I am doing much better. I was given the ok to go out and eat for our anniversary last night. I never enjoyed going to a Diner so much. lol Dr. McGinn has been everything I could have wanted in looking after me. I have no complaints. I really am glad I stayed in the area rather than go home and stress about every little change. I think the extra 3 days will help me sit better for the ride home. I stood in front of a mirror this morning. I don't have words to describe how I felt. As crazy as things are with bruising, stitching, swelling, it doesn't matter, I am finally me. Gosh, bring on the tears! Oh, sorry, I am just struck by the difference in how I feel. None of the pain, hassle, nausea, matter now. It really doesn't.
   I have looked at this as an adventure and I think it really is the best way to do it. Soak in the positive and slough off the negative. Not too high and not to low. Make sure you keep in mind the negative will not last. I have so much more to unfold  in this adventure. I haven't bothered thinking about a lot of the benefits/ good parts of this. I am so sensitive in much of the area down there. I can't imagine exploring it at all yet. I decided already that if it doesn't work for orgasm that it will be okay, still worth getting it done.  That has not changed. I think of going to dinner, talking to the waitress last night. It was different. I was different. Maybe I am not strong enough to make that leap with still having the penis, but I have  made a leap. I am so happy.
    Medically, since I bled so much, I had edema, swelling. She has stopped packing under the stitching with gauze. Now I have pads in certain areas to create pressure on the problem areas. If you have this issue, a pair of panty hose with the legs cut off work pretty good for this. She also wants gauze in the vaginal opening to keep it drier.  My partner
did this for me and it was a 'new' experience for her. lol
   I will add more later. I have missed being here. I either had too much going on, or no access to internet. Love to all
Moni

]
  •  

KathyLauren

I am glad to hear that you are up and about and feeling good about yourself!  We have missed you, too.  It's an adventure for sure!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

HappyMoni

Hey Kath,
Been meaning to tell you how much I like your new avatar. Very pretty!
Moni

]
  •