News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The Official "You Look Fabulous Darling" 8.0

Started by V M, June 16, 2017, 01:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachel_Christina

Haha yeah that's pretty much it. Lol
It's more of a mental defence. Very odd, like it's the proof I'm a woman sort of thing,... Since I can't rely on my boobs :@

•  

Angela Drakken

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on October 24, 2017, 10:52:47 AM
Haha yeah that's pretty much it. Lol
It's more of a mental defence. Very odd, like it's the proof I'm a woman sort of thing,... Since I can't rely on my boobs :@
I dont see why. Everything seens to be in line from what I can see.
  •  

Rachel_Christina

•  

Angela Drakken

•  

Colleen_definitely

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on October 24, 2017, 10:23:42 AM
Haha Colleen, nah I'm half Irish half Swiss, but grew up all my life in Ireland and then begun living and working I Switzerland this past few years.

Oh OK, lol.  I guess I figured that if you had a Supra you just had to be Aussie.

I actually visited Ireland over the summer (that's where I was when my family and friends got my coming out letters), and the company I work for builds a lot of really neato stuff just outside of Zurich so I get to go there for product training and such now and again.  I really like both of those countries. 

I don't think I'll ever be brave enough to rock a blue mohawk, but you definitely make it look good Angela.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

Artesia

Quote from: Angela Drakken on October 24, 2017, 08:06:25 AM

I thought the same thing working in construction. Been out now for a long time and its gone shockingly well.
Dive in, you'll find the water is just right. Still if your contract is finished in 47 days anyways I agree with your decision, in that theres no point wasting your time and energy on people you likely wont see again.

Oh and its good to see you again ^.^

You look great.  I know I can't pull off short hair, but it's not growing fast enough.  Is that first shirt a Misfits shirt?  I've seen it somewhere before.  I know the second one is a Decepticon symbol, I still wear my male one, can't find a female cut one in my size.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

Angela Drakken

Quote from: Artesia on October 24, 2017, 03:29:09 PM
You look great.  I know I can't pull off short hair, but it's not growing fast enough.  Is that first shirt a Misfits shirt?  I've seen it somewhere before.  I know the second one is a Decepticon symbol, I still wear my male one, can't find a female cut one in my size.

Aww thanks.. :3
Yes, it's definitely a misfits shirt. ^.^ (Whats left of one that is. Still the more it rips and tears the more I like it.)

I dont think my hairs really that short aside from the shaved sides of my mohawk? Maybe Im wrong.

•  

Artesia

Quote from: Angela Drakken on October 24, 2017, 03:33:19 PM
Aww thanks.. :3
Yes, it's definitely a misfits shirt. ^.^ (Whats left of one that is. Still the more it rips and tears the more I like it.)

I dont think my hairs really that short aside from the shaved sides of my mohawk? Maybe Im wrong.

Nope, not wrong, that picture looks a bit longer.  I guess it was just the angle and pull of the hair in the other pictures.  Still looks good.  About 4-6 inches longer than mine.

Wasn't the whole point of a misfits shirt to get it ripped up?  I don't think I've ever seen one without a few holes in it.

•  

Angela Drakken

Quote from: Artesia on October 24, 2017, 03:43:00 PM
Nope, not wrong, that picture looks a bit longer.  I guess it was just the angle and pull of the hair in the other pictures.  Still looks good.  About 4-6 inches longer than mine.

Wasn't the whole point of a misfits shirt to get it ripped up?  I don't think I've ever seen one without a few holes in it.
Ehehe yeah.. Scissors may have helped with mine. >.>
  •  

JennyBear

Quote from: Artesia on October 24, 2017, 03:29:09 PM

As a bigger girl (size 22-24 shirts, or 3X in women's) I just get the male cut ones a size bigger than needed. Then I make alterations. I used posterboard to make two giant stencils that fit my frame but gives more of an hourglass cut to the fabric, one for the front, and one for the back. I just open the side seams, occasionally the sleeve close to the body, trace with a marker, cut, and re-sew. Simple job with a sewing machine depending on the material (most wont do leathers.) I made sure the pattern would be snug around the bust, but come in at an angle from a shoulder seam that slightly overhangs the point of the shoulder (de-emphasizing broad shoulders,) to where the bra band sits. Then it goes vertically downward about 3-4 inches before flaring out towards the waist. Helps hide the belly too. If the sleeves are way too baggy, I'll take those in as well, modifying both length and width.

HUGS!
"Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got. I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block."
  •  

Angela Drakken

Quote from: JennyBear on October 24, 2017, 04:25:36 PM
    As a bigger girl (size 22-24 shirts, or 3X in women's) I just get the male cut ones a size bigger than needed. Then I make alterations. I used posterboard to make two giant stencils that fit my frame but gives more of an hourglass cut to the fabric, one for the front, and one for the back. I just open the side seams, occasionally the sleeve close to the body, trace with a marker, cut, and re-sew. Simple job with a sewing machine depending on the material (most wont do leathers.) I made sure the pattern would be snug around the bust, but come in at an angle from a shoulder seam that slightly overhangs the point of the shoulder (de-emphasizing broad shoulders,) to where the bra band sits. Then it goes vertically downward about 3-4 inches before flaring out towards the waist. Helps hide the belly too. If the sleeves are way too baggy, I'll take those in as well, modifying both length and width.

HUGS!
Ive always just worn em turned  inside out, pinned it to the desired fit, removed it, sewn, and cut. Bam.
  •  

Artesia

Quote from: JennyBear on October 24, 2017, 04:25:36 PM

HUGS!
Quote from: Angela Drakken on October 24, 2017, 06:24:07 PM
Ive always just worn em turned  inside out, pinned it to the desired fit, removed it, sewn, and cut. Bam.

I like both ideas.  I haven't sewn in over 20 years.  I don't know where my machine is anymore.

•  

JennyBear

Quote from: Angela Drakken on October 24, 2017, 06:24:07 PM

Nice simple idea. That would be great if I wasn't using the alterations as practice for making my own clothes from scratch. Almost all patterns available locally or online don't go up to my size. I've found one site that customizes patterns to your measurements, but it's expensive at about $20 each for the files, then you have to find a local print shop to put them in a usable form. So unless it's complicated, like a faux suede and fur Anorak I'm planning, I'll just use the poster boards. I never get why even at retailers that specialize in plus sizes, both online and brick and mortar, the designs usually aren't very flattering. Golden rule for big girls is never wear horizontal stripes, yet big girl clothes never have vertical ones, you only find those in clothes made for girls that don't need it. Same thing applies for the more boxy cut of bigger sizes. That doesn't help. I try to use angles, lines, and patterns that fit well, and lend a more hourglass appearance, rather than an image of blobish or mannish fat chick.

HUGS!
"Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got. I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block."
  •  

JennyBear

Quote from: Artesia on October 24, 2017, 08:40:25 PM
I like both ideas.  I haven't sewn in over 20 years.  I don't know where my machine is anymore.

As long as you aren't working with leather, layered denim, or anything similar, you can get a decent Singer or Brother for about $300. Just make sure to invest in durable needles. Good "heavy duty" commercial grade machines that can handle leather run upwards of $800, and that's on the low end. And if worse comes to worse, you can always do it the old fashioned way and hand sew everything.

HUGS!
  •  

Artesia

Quote from: JennyBear on October 25, 2017, 01:05:37 AM
    As long as you aren't working with leather, layered denim, or anything similar, you can get a decent Singer or Brother for about $300. Just make sure to invest in durable needles. Good "heavy duty" commercial grade machines that can handle leather run upwards of $800, and that's on the low end. And if worse comes to worse, you can always do it the old fashioned way and hand sew everything.

HUGS!

Don't have time to hand stitch anything.  I'm going to ask my mom if she still has her machine.  It's a 40+ year old Singer.  I last saw it about 8 years ago.  Still worked too.

•  

JennyBear

Quote from: Artesia on October 25, 2017, 09:11:36 AM
Don't have time to hand stitch anything.  I'm going to ask my mom if she still has her machine.  It's a 40+ year old Singer.  I last saw it about 8 years ago.  Still worked too.

If you find it and it has been unused for over 6 months, DO NOT use the old needles, it could snap violently and hit you in the eyes. Spend the $3 on some quality fresh ones. Stay safe.

HUGS!
  •  

Lisa_K

Got bored and decided to play! Sorry, I have a no face on the internet policy. Never have and never will. ::)  (I don't usually show boobage either!)

I'll be 63 in two months. Before anyone asks, I have naturally light blonde hair but I do have it tweaked a bit and I normally wear glasses. I'm 5'6¾ and need to lose 20 pounds.  >:(

MiniBio: Started HRT at 17 and transitioned right out of high school in 1973. Still hangin' in there!
  •  

Rachel_Christina

I don't get the point of a pic without a face. But you hair looks nice

•  

Roll

Quote from: Rachel_Christina on October 25, 2017, 11:00:33 AM
I don't get the point of a pic without a face. But you hair looks nice

To terrify me in my nightmares is what I find is typically the point.

... Not yours though Lisa, you are still beautiful even without a face! From what I can see you don't look the least bit 62 and 5/6/ths. Good genetics, the magic of hormones (seriously, is HRT a fountain of youth or what?), or what's your secret?!
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

amberwaves

I too have noticed the trend of people looking younger after being hrt.  While, I am not discounting the possibility of biological hormone influence, I have not noticed similar younger appearance from cis-women or men.  I think that effect is likely attributable to the reduced stress, anxiety, and depression that occurs as we become who we want to be.  Also, for transwomen, at least, there tends to be an increase in self-care, e.g. skin care routines.  This is also likely attributable to the reduction in dysphoria and the increased appreciation of our bodies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

•