Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Anyone with Klinefelters have any luck losing weight before transitioning?

Started by kielera714, July 19, 2017, 05:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kielera714

I want to transition so badly but I haven't been able to lose all of the belly fat?I'm concerned of possible weight gain once I start estrogen
  •  

Tomboy

I have heard that estrogen will replace the fat from your belly to your hips and buttocks. It has to do with female/male fat restribution. You should ask on a MTF forum.
  •  

Deborah

Estrogen does not automatically make one gain weight.  It also doesn't automatically move fat away from one's belly.

Whether with or without HRT, diet is the secret.  I don't mean dieting but rather eating a nutrient dense combination of foods that the human species evolved to eat.  This makes your body work properly and will heal a multitude of ailments caused by eating food like substances rather than real food.

Start by eliminating:
All added sugar
All foods with added sugar
All processed food
All wheat products, i.e. bread
All processed oils (corn, canola, etc.)

Eat lots of vegetables, lots of good fats, a fair amount of protein, and some fruits.  Eat slowly, until you are satisfied, and then stop eating.

As a bonus eat fermented foods with live cultures.  These include sauerkraut, kimchi, yogurt, kefir, and kombucha.

Exercise will help but is not necessary for weight loss.  It is necessary for good health though.

Conform and be dull. —James Frank Dobie, The Voice of the Coyote
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

jenn_rmn

I actually started drinking Soylent before transitioning, and I lost 30 pounds. I'm reluctant to drink it now because 1 bottle has 20% of my daily potassium in it (my last bloodwork showed high potassium).
  •  

HappyMoni

If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Rachel

I am mosaic and as stated by Deborah Your diet on GCS will need to change. I pack my lunch for work and eat at noon. Then I eat at 5 to 530 most nights. If I have therapist, mid week electrolysis and group I just eat lunch that day. I do not eat snacks. I am hungry when I eat and I eat good nutrient dense foods. I do about 15 minutes of intense exercise 5 days a week ( I need to do this at lunch too) and get between 10,000 to 12,000 steps every day. I eat this way to reduce the amount of insulin I produce. My HA1c has been 5 to 5.3 for 4 years. I am no longer type 2 diabetic.

I have stabilized my weight and will need to make some small eating and small exercise changes to again reduce my weight a bit. I go slow due to prior weight issues.

My potassium on spiro and E was always good, 4 years good. When I stopped spiro 2 days prior to GCS my potassium depleted. You have it in your cells and unless a very specific blood test is done you can not know you have a deficiency. My blood test the morning of GCS was good. I had 4 liters of fluid added to raise my BP and my potassium was exhausted, magnesium was low. The GCS operation was halted due to low BP 30 to 32 over 50 to 52. I had to have 2 bags of potassium added and some big chalk tablets. Potassium hurts even mixed with saline and with ice packs on my arm. I take 4000 units a day of potassium per day every day. Funny thing the horrible nights cramps in my legs are gone. 
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •