Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Moving to Costa Rica

Started by Mikaela, June 24, 2017, 07:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikaela

Next week we board a plane for Costa Rica, after selling nearly everything we own. If it don't fit in the suitcases, it stays. Fun! Anyway, does anybody have any suggestions or experience for being trans in Costa Rica?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

•  

Dee Marshall

I have no idea except that I've heard that it's a lovely country. I've thought about moving there myself. Enjoy your adventure and I hope it's everything you wish it to be!
April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Jennifer RachaelAnn

I don't know how the economy treats the trans community, but I have heard that Costa Rica is a very poor country. As such you may be traveling abroad frequently for any treatments you need. I myself have been all around the Caribbean, and have considered moving there many times. It's a beautiful area, and with many of the islands being rather small, it wouldn't be hard to become a member of society, as long as you're not some kind of racist.

Also it would beat the ice and snow hands down, here.
"There are many who would take my time. I shun them.
There are some who share my time. I am entertained by them.
There are precious few who contribute to my time. I cherish them."

-Anton Szandor LaVey

•