Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I just cried

Started by ds1987, June 28, 2017, 08:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ds1987

I've been up and down today, nothing is wrong, but just feeling a bit out of sorts.  I'm currently watching through "Transparent" for the second time.  I began watching it in 2014 and was inexplicably drawn to it.  It took two more years with different circumstances and revelations before admitting to myself that I'm Trans. 

I've never really been able to cry.  There have been times that situations arose and it happened, but those were flukes.  I get angry.  So angry, it takes a hold of me and I start spouting hateful things at myself, my life.  I'll feel anxious and it triggers a rage episode and I break things or accidentally hurt myself. 

Over the last few weeks, I've had moments that I tear up, or I have a slight sob that doesn't really culminate.  But today, with everything at this perfect moment, it broke.  I sobbed.  It didn't last terribly long either, but it was so real, like the anger had been.  It felt incredible.  And I feel it might come back even as I write this. 

The so-so day ended with a breakthrough.  I feel triumphant in my own rite.

•  

natalie.ashlyne

I know where you are coming from on this i had that to and still do alot i never cried before and now I do some times over nothing
  •  

AlyssaJ

Aww girl, like horrible and great all at once.  I too was having one of those days today.  No particular reason but just felt down.  I'll say, I've not had any issues crying since I started transition. But I'm glad to hear that for you it ended up actually being a good experience.  I guess just another step into that whirlpool of womanhood :)
"I want to put myself out there, I want to make connections, I want to learn and if someone can get something out of my experience, I'm OK with that, too." - Laura Jane Grace

What's it like to transition at mid-life?  http://transitionat40.com/

•  

Laurie

It's them dang hormones.  I read a highway sign tonight and got choked up about it. No tears. But they wanted to come.
What did the sign say?

Welcome to Maine

A long time goal from my bucket list was accomplished tonight. I have been in all 50 statues.

Great ,  now come the tears and sniffles. Dang hormones !

Hugs
   Lautie

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

ds1987

Quote from: Laurie on June 29, 2017, 01:21:35 AM
It's them dang hormones.  I read a highway sign tonight and got choked up about it. No tears. But they wanted to come.
What did the sign say?

Welcome to Maine

If this had ended here, I still would have thought it a reasonable reason to cry lolol

Quote from: Laurie on June 29, 2017, 01:21:35 AM
Great ,  now come the tears and sniffles. Dang hormones !

Hugs
   Lautie

For now, I'm loving this "side" effect.  Although, I can certainly imagine myself talking to a stranger and their saying "oh cute shoes," and my just bawling haha. 

•  

josie76

Crying can be theraputic but sometimes I wish I could control it better. After so many years of exercising control over my emotions, now that I have opened the gates they flow without borders. I get tearful and choked up for happy and for sad.

I did have a first the other night though. My wife and I are kinda separated. She has an apartment an hour away where she is going to school in the fall. The kids have been with her mostly. The other night I brought her some things in my work truck, after a job. I had dinner with her and my daughters. Both of my kids wanted to go home with me. I can't take 2 as there is only one passenger seat. I had to convince my 6 and 8 year olds that they needed to stay with mom. They understood but their crying broke my heart. I kept it to a few tears until the drove away. Then there I sat in my work truck. I flat out bawled for 10 minutes straight. I mean uncontrollably wailing noises and all. They are my babies too. I have been an equal caretaker their whole lives from birth. I didn't always realize how strong my maternal instincts are. I had to give my babies up if only for a night. It was awful.

I ended up driving back last night and stayed at the apartment so I got to be with the kids last night and this morning before I need to head out on a job.
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

AlyssaJ

Dang it Josie, I've got tears going just from reading that.  Maybe what we need is a "Come here to cry" thread for all these stories :)
"I want to put myself out there, I want to make connections, I want to learn and if someone can get something out of my experience, I'm OK with that, too." - Laura Jane Grace

What's it like to transition at mid-life?  http://transitionat40.com/

•  

ds1987

Quote from: AlyssaJ on June 29, 2017, 08:42:02 AM
Dang it Josie, I've got tears going just from reading that.  Maybe what we need is a "Come here to cry" thread for all these stories :)

That thread exists...it's called any given moment  :D

•  

Deb Roz

Aria, you go girl! 

I really believe in the release of a good cry.  I'm glad you got to reach that point, and I love that you've embraced it with joy!

Personally, I cry at TV commercials - hah!  And always at that dramatic moment in the movie when the music hits.  And a several scenes in Wonder Woman.  hehehe.  I'm a mess :) 
Mid 30s, assigned male at birth, seriously questioning my gender for the first time.
  •  

Lisa_K

Quote from: Deb Roz on June 29, 2017, 12:34:45 PM
Personally, I cry at TV commercials - hah!  And always at that dramatic moment in the movie when the music hits.  And a several scenes in Wonder Woman.  hehehe.  I'm a mess :)

Oh good. At least I'm not the only one. If I go more than a couple of days without something making me tear up like an idiot, it feels like something is wrong. Then there's always the occasional therapeutic "big" cry where one wallows in misery and self-pity, curses their luck and swears at the moon. Those always make me feel better if not a little bit silly.
  •  

JMJW

I tried watching Transparent, I couldn't get past that horrible eating scene in episode 1. I don't understand why the writers thought disgusting the viewer was a good idea, but they succeeded.
  •  

bobbisue

Sylvia's mother by Dr Hook came on the radio a while ago

Yup it got me

bobbisue :'(
[ gotta be me everyone else is taken ]
started HRT june 16 2017              
Out to all my family Oct 21 2017 no rejections
Fulltime Dec 9 2017 ahead of schedule
First pass Dec 11 2017
  •