Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Wife is super encouraging

Started by Randy1980, June 04, 2016, 10:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy1980

So I came out to my wife a few weeks ago about my feelings that I have always wanted to be a woman she was supportive but shocked and afftaod at the time.. Bit last night she actually said that she would prefer I transition rather than stay a man.. She said that she wants me to be happy and that she wants a wife and know that she knows how I feel that she can no longer really view me as a man.. It gave me s lot more courage to maybe do it.. Do we are going to start taking the steps in that direction the only thing holding me back still is the fear of coming out to my parents and the impact it will have on my kids and employment.. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to do hrt even if I don't fully socially transition.. But first I need to see a therapist and lose some more weight.. I'm really excited and scared at the same time.. Just thought I would share the good news about how amazing my wife is
  •  

RobynD

That really is wonderful and loving of her to offer that support. I think you may have received more response to this one level up in the forum.

Congrats on your journey

•  

mac1

If only my wife could be that encouraging.
?
  •  

elkie-t

Quote from: Randy1980 on June 04, 2016, 10:33:20 AM
So I came out to my wife a few weeks ago about my feelings that I have always wanted to be a woman she was supportive but shocked and afftaod at the time.. Bit last night she actually said that she would prefer I transition rather than stay a man.. She said that she wants me to be happy and that she wants a wife and know that she knows how I feel that she can no longer really view me as a man.. It gave me s lot more courage to maybe do it.. Do we are going to start taking the steps in that direction the only thing holding me back still is the fear of coming out to my parents and the impact it will have on my kids and employment.. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to do hrt even if I don't fully socially transition.. But first I need to see a therapist and lose some more weight.. I'm really excited and scared at the same time.. Just thought I would share the good news about how amazing my wife is
Look, she did the hardest thing possible for a wife. Now, you owe her to be brave and go for your happiness without any regard for social dogmas. Grow some balls, be a girl :)

Don't forget about her happiness in the process, don't buy more skirts and dresses for yourself, then she can buy for her
  •  

HappyMoni

Whatever you do, do it as a partnership. She sounds willing. I am a big fan of not letting fear control your life. I hope you will reach for what makes you happy.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •