Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Allie's Blog IV: Revenge of Allie's Blog

Started by imallie, January 03, 2024, 08:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonflower

Quote from: imallie on May 22, 2024, 11:14:10 AMSo as I said to my wife, there are two ways to take this:

1. Be ticked off that, yet again, someone else just has gone and told my story without asking.

2. Look at this like there was an issue, and now that issue is sorted out.

With all the other things going on in our lives, I told her we should absolutely just go with #2. She laughed and agreed.

I love the choices that the two of you make! Thanks for being here and sharing your stories.
:icon_wave:
1999 we met and married :icon_archery:
Fall 2018 The woman hiding behind my husband's facade is coming out full time! :icon_female:
She began MTF HRT but had adverse reactions, so gave up on transitioning medically.
Summer 2022 I went through gender confirmation surgery as a result of cancer.
2024 her cardiologist and a therapist wrote letters approving of resuming HRT, she's legally changing her name, and now she's getting on the calendar for surgery!

Welcome, to Significant Others
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247396.0.html

Our transitioning blog, "Opening The Cage"
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,241591.0.html
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: imallie

Moonflower

Quote from: imallie on May 23, 2024, 12:08:42 AMWe were just laughing about how the last time we went, my college roommate got us a private tour of the capitol and the White House for me, my wife and our son.

And now 12 years later, last week our son said "Let me know if you want me to arrange a private tour of the Capitol for you."

💖💝💕💞❤️
Fall 2018 The woman hiding behind my husband's facade is coming out full time! :icon_female:
She began MTF HRT but had adverse reactions, so gave up on transitioning medically.
2024 her cardiologist and a therapist wrote letters approving of resuming HRT, she's legally changing her name, and now she's getting on the calendar for surgery!

•  

Moonflower

Quote from: imallie on May 23, 2024, 12:26:44 PMmy dad used to tell stories of how he would hitch rides from Hartford to Brooklyn to see his beloved Dodgers all the time when he was on leave from the Navy, and he just put on his uniform and he'd have rides in an instant. But THAT was in the 50's.

The 70's... post Vietnam... I'm wondering how that played out for you. I would hope it still garnered the respect you deserved, but (and I was just a kid then so it's sketchy to me ... mostly what I read and remember from TV) it seems like it would have been a decidedly mixed bag.

1970 my brother was finishing his commitment to the navy. In New York City,  businesses often had conspicuous signs welcoming servicemen and anyone in a US military uniform, often offering a free haircut or cup of coffee.

My brother then organized fellow students at NYU to protest the war, and made the news for it. He never wore his uniform any more for any occasion, including hitching.

By the mid 70s, I didn't know anyone who supported the war or the draft or military service, except one cousin who was an Air Force officer, and his family.

•  

Moonflower

Quote from: imallie on May 23, 2024, 11:47:29 PMSo I think we've locked the final version of the "note" that will go out to the rest of the people I'd like to hear the news directly from us, likely tomorrow. In case something like this is helpful at all to anyone by way of example... I'll post a slightly edited version below.

QuoteAnyway, there's lots more I could tell you, and I'm happy to chat about any/all of it if you'd like. But again if this is either something you're not able to support, you need time to process things, or simply do not wish to reach out in return, please know that I will of course understand completely.

So impressively generous, kind, compassionate!

My wife feels enormously surprised and grateful that all but 2 people responded to her coming-out letter immediately with enthusiasm. Those 2 hurt her by being unresponsive. Especially the one who had been a very close friend. That might have been 5 years ago. Nothing was more offensive than that, but could have been.

We wish you well as you wait for the time to feel Right, and then as you receive the responses. Such an emotional stirring!

•  

imallie

Quote from: Moonflower on Today at 05:04:50 AMI love the choices that the two of you make! Thanks fir being here and sharing your stories.

Right back atcha, times 1,000,0000. ❤️
  •  

Moonflower

Quote from: imallie on Today at 01:09:35 AMSo here's tomorrow's plan.

We're so close to being on the same timeline as you! We've talked about a topper recently. New glasses will be soon. Her first "outing" was this year.

QuoteAnd assuming I do buy something... it'll be the first time I'll have to have one of those conversations where I'm showing my male ID while I very much do not look like that.  Very glad it will me and my wife on that one.

I wonder why you would need to show a photo ID. I would hesitate if you're not completely confident. Regarding my wife's coming out, I'd rather encourage her to be confident, but as I err on the side of caution, she plunges ahead. As a woman, she's MUCH more confident than when presenting as a man!!!!! We're looking forward to hearing how it goes! 💝💞💕❤️

•  

LoriDee

It took me a while to get accustomed to it too. Stray bangs in my eyes and I kept brushing them away, then eventually trimmed them. After wearing them for longer outings, I finally got comfortable with them. I was worried my skin might get irritated from the wig tape on my skin that long. I had no issues.

Have fun!
My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

2017 - GD Diagnosis / 2019 - Full time / 2020 - HRT / 2022 - Legal Name Change /
2024 - Voice Training
  •  

imallie

Quote from: Moonflower on Today at 06:17:07 AMWe're so close to being on the same timeline as you! We've talked about a topper recently. New glasses will be soon. Her first "outing" was this year.

I wonder why you would need to show a photo ID. I would hesitate if you're not completely confident. Regarding my wife's coming out, I'd rather encourage her to be confident, but as I err on the side of caution, she plunges ahead. As a woman, she's MUCH more confident than when presenting as a man!!!!! We're looking forward to hearing how it goes! 💝💞💕❤️

Good luck!! I'll post more in a moment about my day, but I just wanted to reply to your post with this one point — since it's something my wife and directly were discussing today.

Being out feels really easy to me. I know there are some more awkward "firsts" ahead, but just the basics of going out, doesn't even raise my blood pressure one bit. And I feel it has so much to do with the fact that she's by my side through all of it (what doesn't support make better?) but she also says it's just proof positive that I'm ready and it's the right time.

So that's what I'm saying... you and your husband will absolutely know when it's right for you. And that's all that matters. It's no one else's story but yours. You guys write each chapter when you're ready. ❤️
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Moonflower

imallie

A good, good day.

Went to Lens Crafters around 9:45 am — after a surprisingly easy time getting the topper on. For the second straight morning my wife took the time to style my bio hair first, which is a big help. Hopefully I'll start to get the hang of that.

We walked in and started looking at glasses, and a really lovely, helpful sales associate came over and said "can I help you ladies?" And she was wonderful. The first pair she picked out for me were perfect. We tried like another dozen pairs at her suggestions (with her taking photos for comparison along the way) but landed on the first - a nice, smart burgundy frame.

And then because they were having a deal, for the first time in my life I got prescription sun glasses. For these they're a bit bigger, more fun, and purple. I mean.. we are NOT in Kansas anymore!

When I mentioned earlier about showing my ID... what I meant was what happened next. When we went to check out, she had to pull up my insurance and account. So if she didn't know I was trans before she did then. Fine with me. And fine with her. She didn't blink. The conversation didn't change... she just, at one point, asked what I liked to be called, and changed my name in the system.  Which is now the first place I've had that done.

Who had Lens Crafters in THAT pool? If so, you're a millionaire.

We were done so soon we had time to kill, so my wife thought it would be a good time to do some clothes shopping for me. To this point, all of that has been done online. Mostly by my wife.. some with me helping too, but mostly her. But she knew I had some ideas about what style would work for me... so said it was time to go try to put it together.

And that's what we did. We shopped for like an hour. Bought three tops, and a couple of open long cardigan sweaters. I thought those would be a nice look for me, and I was right.

After shopping, straight out to lunch.  Again with the "good afternoon ladies..."

We had two different staff members touch the table, and both of them greeted us with some form of that.

Afterwards I said to my wife I was dubious as to whether or not the really bought into me. She disagreed.

But the I realized - what is the actual difference? Whether they thought I was a woman, or just being kind... either way the experience is the same. And the only way I can make it less than is to somehow try to make that difference be some critical tipping point.

There's absolutely no need to give into nonsense. So... that was the lesson learned today.

When we got home, we had a fashion show with the new stuff... took some pics to send to my sister, and now I'm going to try to rest up before meeting the boy for dinner.

Oh gosh, almost forgot!

While in car between the various locations? I came out to 11 friends via email, text and FB. Didn't feel up to it last night? Just started ripping off the band aid this morning.

Have already heard some lovely supportive stuff from three of them.

And NOW I'm going to lay down...

Love,
Allie

Edit: Make it nice things from 5 of the 11 now...

davina61

Well done dear, you didnt need the brave pill!! From now on its just normal.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee, imallie

Moonflower

Quote from: davina61 on Today at 02:29:07 PMWell done dear, you didnt need the brave pill!! From now on its just normal.

Yup.

My wife went grocery shopping with me one day dressed 👗 -- I didn't even notice until afterwards -- and she found that it was no effort, and would likely be just as easy from then on. You're in the flow! What a marvelous place to be!