Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Davina's diary

Started by davina61, July 05, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devlyn

Quote from: davina61 on January 03, 2024, 12:59:24 PMBeen a bit odd on here, vol3 disappeared and has now come back! but at least my old blog is back here.

That was me, I accidentally archived it along with some of the old blogs that had already been removed before the crash. Sorry for the inconvenience.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

davina61

No problem dearie, there is a bucket load of "maintenance" needed . Sisters house is still dry, door defence barrier is holding as water is about 6ins above door step.   
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

davina61

I tried to change my avatar pic but it keeps timing out---------------I know file to large but not sure how to change it, maybe wait till tapatalk works again.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Roll on the spring, all this damp and dark is orid (watched my fair lady the other day). Maybe I am suffering from S.A.D so bring on the sunshine. Off down the workshop even if I cant do much,rent to pay and check for flood damage if water ran past door post.
 Cooked to much food yesterday so might freeze some, beef and stilton pie is good, Keema pasties look tasty and as I got some vanilla custard (reduced price due to date) from the supermarket I made an apple and blackberry crumble. Now I just need to find a whale avatar!! 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Called in on my friend Deb, she was forcing herself to feel good today as she was going to a panto with the grandkids. She is still not in a good place so I told her the only person that can help you is yourself. I hope she does as it is heart breaking to me to see her in this state.
  Well my leg and back was good enough for me to crawl under the Austin, had to give up on TIG welding the stainless exhaust as my welding mask kept misting up. Bit cold in my workshop and tomorrow its going to be a frost first thing and only 5C high. Space heater on then but cant afford the fuel to run it long.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Jessica_K

As a follower of your blogs dear, it is so nice to see you are still around. SP would not be the same without your cooking, your amazing constructions, and workshop activities. Good to know your back has improved enough to slide under the Austin, just do not eat so much that you cannot get under lol

Hugs
Jessica xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

**** No act of kindness goes unpunished ****

•  

davina61

Yes dear and nice to see you are still here, working on getting rid of the Christmas podge !
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Managed to do some more work on the rod, took some pain killers this morning as back was catching a bit and it was okay all day. Didnt realise how cold I was till the heater kicked in on the car on the way home and I had 2 coats on!! Colder tomorrow and the rest of the week as well.
 Feet up in the warm now, just crashed out for 1/2hr after eating my dinner ----------- Watching the day the earth stood still now, the remake on the TV.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

I suppose a reintro is due for anyone that joined recently.
 So I have always "wanted" to be female, I can remember going on hols at a static caravan park and the owner saying that a man stayed in the one van and woke as a woman the next morning. Why cant we stay in that van went through my mind, asked my mum why cant the boys wear the summer dresses the girls have for school instead of the shorts we have to wear? Cross dressing in my teens borrowing sisters clothes. Left school at 15 (glad to get out as never fitted in with the kids) and started working in a local garage as an apprentice. Found I had a natural gift for working on cars, joined my hot rod club in 78 and one of the lads drag raced. Looked like fun so did that, met the missus at a party held by one of the club members and they contrived to put us together. She became pregnant and we got married, ended up with 3 kids all wonderful. Took over the garage where I trained but my old boss was the land lord and kick me out , kept doing that to folks till he sold site for housing. Ended up going bust and HRMC made me bankrupt, had to find work so in the end I was an MOT tester for a garage chain. Had my right wrist damaged after an assault by a manager after he had a metal break down, in the end I was unable to work and took early retirement.
 Back to the nitty gritty, still cross dressing when I had the chance with the wife's gear watching any gender programs on the TV. Now she had been distant from me since the business finished, 7 years ago there was a closing down sale on at an oversize store and I bought some clothes and shoes. She caught me putting some away and I just blurted it out resulting in me being thrown out, found my flat and been her since. Came out at work without much bother (apart from the eastern European employees) but work were fine. Got on the GIC list and started HRT with joint consent from my GP, wife divorced me due to Irreconcilable actions!! didn't contest as she had been doing my head in for over 10 years. Had GRS just over 2 years ago, made friends with one of my sisters old friends from when they were at school after she fixed my back. Got taken to open mic night and now turn up to play percussion, everyone is fine with me and lovely. Now nearly 69 (any way up!) living on my own, rebuilding my Austin hot rod for the 3rd time, cooking my curries and trying to survive on a state pension. Mission   this year is to try (again) to lose weight , note to self not to eat through boredom!
 Its been 7 years now since finding Susan's and it was the best thing ever, showed me the way forward. I have had no problem as such ,things fall in place for me at the right time so I never worry about stuff but I have always been positive. As my friend says "trust in the universe"   
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Felt a bit off yesterday so back home after 2 hrs, had to climb inside the Austin to put the nuts on exhaust mountings and its a bit tight for my wonky legs. Not sure if that was it making me "shiver" or nerves twitch but took a good while to calm down after sitting for a bit. Much to cold for me today to venture out so making a lamb stew in slow cooker. Done a few jobs, time to hang the washing up.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

D'Amalie

Definitely too cold to be climbing under, tinkering or working in an engine bay in a car port or outdoors.  "I feel your pain."  It doesn't pay to be the family mechanic, although smiles and happiness is good payment along with the satisfaction of problems well sorted.

I have a couple of projects I'm putting off till spring, although I have a heated shop. I hate doing musical cars in the snow. The brake servo in the '57 Silver Cloud needs a refurb.  I've put it off for a couple of years.  A valve adjustment is on the books for the '56 Chev 210.

I was out in it last week putting a belt tensioner in my daughter's Tahoe.  Usually a miserable cold experience, yet not so bad since she kept me company.  I insist all my kids help in the maintenance on their vehicles, maybe she'll learn something and avoid shifty mechanics.  As my wife says, just because I have these (points to boobs) doesn't make me stupid.
One shouldn't open the book of another's life and jump in the middle.  I am a woman, I'm a mystery.  I still see and hear who I used to be, who I am, who I'm gonna be. - Richelle
"Where you'd learn do to that, miss?" "Just do it, that's all; ... I got natural talent." "I'll say you do, at that." - Firefly
  •  

davina61

Well I have been redoing the 1951 Austin A40 Countryman for the third time since I got it in 78, its been hot rodded from then and is getting a "modern" running gear and air ride. Would post a pic but have to wait till my phone connects. Will revive Hot Rods and Drag racing in hobbies.
I have a workshop but its cold as with a cement sheet roof and single block wall , cant afford to put fuel in my space heater.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Donica

Hi @davina61! Glad to see you're still here. I remember the van mod you did back in the day. Nice to see you're still at it.

Hugs!
Donica
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

davina61

Going to try an air fryer recipe for fish today, have to walk to the shop and get a red pepper and need to check that the chemist has ordered my patches. Did that before Christmas to make sure it went through but I always end up chasing them, have to go see my GP sometime so will raise that with them.
 Back to the fish, cook the veg first and then lay the fish on top so will see how that works out. Cold out today, light cloud and some blue sky at the moment but they say a cold NE strong wind this afternoon so off to the shop now. 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Great, chemist said the prescription has not come through so they will chase it up. Good news is she got some in ready so hope I can pick them up on Thurs . Left leg still not recovered fully from sciatica, was a struggle to walk to the shop and back and then I had the stairs to tackle!! Knee keeps giving way, bothered it might put me on the floor if it totally gives out.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Back playing up this morning but its still to cold to go to the workshop, car screen is froze over. Washed the work clothes now. Did the fish air fryer dish and it was very nice, it was a lunch amount for 2 so ate 2/3rds for dinner and have a bit left for todays lunch. Courgette, sweet potato and red pepper chopped into chunks with a balsamic vinegar and spice coating, fish coated in lemon juice and dried dill and then tinned chick peas in a tomato puree, smoked paprika, garlic and cumin dressing all with S&P to taste.
 House work today, bit of gentle exercise on my back and leg. Weather prediction is we might get snow middle of next week. 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Just made some cheese scones to go with my stew tonight, air fryer recipe from my new book. Very nice and so quick and easy.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

imallie

Ooh what's the book? My wife got me "Skinny taste Air Fryer recipes" for Christmas but I haven't looked at it yet so I can't speak to it at all.
  •  

davina61

The complete air fryer cookbook by sam & dom milner (do they have a pee yellow duce?)
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Treated myself to a 5L 24cm stainless cooking pot so I can make a veg curry that is to big for my biggest saucepan. Daughter bought me a very big pot a few years ago but way to tall for this recipe. Just cooked an "everyday" chicken curry using a 1.5kg whole chuck cut into pieces, good job I had got the large dia pan out of the camper as it only just went in.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•