Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Davina's diary

Started by davina61, July 05, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_K

You live dangerously Davina. Bad taste and looking funny are hints lol

Hugs
Jessica
Xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

**** No act of kindness goes unpunished ****

•  

Emma1017

Davina every time I read your posts I:

1. either go out and work on my car
2. get a sympathy backache with all the gardening you do
3. get very hungry, or
4. get a huge desire to go to a pub

All very excellent ideas in and of themselves.  Thanks for posting.  ;D
  •  

davina61

I think you just summed up my existence!! Back to the workshop today, have the other side wing brace to make. Run out of things to do after that, well money to buy parts . Need to put some stuff (old record cases and things) in my garage/catch all (rubbish dump more like) ,have been putting it off due to my leg/back but might risk it tomorrow. Need the exercise climbing the stairs and I do have some light fittings I bought 2+ years ago to make into lamps. That will give me something to do and get my brain working, steam punk style I think as I have a very random collection of old bits (okay junk) to make mountings from.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

davina61

Well its dull and cloudy with rain on the way, possible snow Wed night till Thurs night so just hope it stays more North. Still waiting on the man to sort my blocked drain, washing is piling up so looks like I will have to take some to mums or my niece's cleaning business.
 Planning on making broccoli soup for lunch (again) as its been in the fridge for a week and a half so needs using. No shallots but do have some spring onions (scallions) that need using.
 Will be getting bored I know today, have to chase the vac around and do some cleaning. Might evict my "pet" spider from the on suite as it keeps building webs. 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Forgot to say I managed to get on the books of an NHS dentist, when I was down my workshop yesterday D said he had got in as they were taking on new NHS patients. He rang them on his mobile (signal iffy on mine down there) so gave them my details and have an email confirming.
 Made crispy potato skins, put a potato in the microwave for 6mins, cut it in half lengthways and scooped out the middle. Sprayed the outside with cooking spray and put some cheese in the middle, did nice in the air fryer and then mixed the potato scrapings with a small bit of butter and refilled the crispy shells. Nice and crispy. 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Dangerous I know but sitting here bored got me thinking (can you all hear the clanking noise as the gears turn?) am I really trans. Well how many males would wish for an accident to their genitals so they had to be removed? How many longed for moments when they could wear female clothes and feel relief (some thing that no longer happens I just get dressed) , how many late teen males would pick up a visiting toddler that was a family friends and comfort them? Yes I guess trans enough.
  Have to stay in today waiting on a call from docs about my HRT, they will get the "so how much do you know about trans patients need for hormones?" If they say to come off them. They were concerned with my blood pressure and HRT, well my blood pressure has been high for all the 6 years I have been taking the meds with no side effects so why the concern now? 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Lady from the docs rang, they are trying to find someone who knows about HRT trans levels. Told her I was not taking the statins or cholesterol tablets as trying to control it with weight loss. She said they have a chart and I go over the "safe" limit and that is why they prescribed them but up to me if I take them. She asked if I had any problems with the HRT and I said no I was fine and she left it at that.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Jessica_K

I had a similar call from my GP about cholesterol, offering statins, my level is only 5 and been like that for as long as I can remember. Doc said my risk was 13% about the same as doing nothing due to my age. So I declined as I had done 10years ago lol. I have a very good and sympathetic endo so I don't expect any reductions.

•  

davina61

Had a missed call from the letting agents so called them back, the plumber called this morning. He tried to contact you but you didn't answer, well he didnt try very hard cos there was no more missed calls on my phone and no message on house phone. Grrr looks like he is coming Sat morning now, still the lad turned up and replaced my faulty socket in the kitchen.
 Bit of rain last night (we missed the snow) and roads were flooding from run off from fields.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

So what to do today?? Sound deadening just turned up for the hot rod and if I could be bothered I suppose I could go and make a start, naa . Have to wait in for the plumber tomorrow and Sunday its hot rod club breakfast meet.
 Lots of roads closed due to flash floods again, ground is saturated ,streams bursting and rivers on alert. Wont be long till we have a hose pipe ban!!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Well me man turned up early and cleared my blocked drain/pipework so sink runs and the washing machine is doing a load. Not sure what chemical he used but it stinks like rotten eggs, it will take a while to clear. Cleaned out the shower trap, had been putting that of but not that messy. I was getting short on a load of Indian spices, order came to £75!!! Oh well wont need to get any for a while now.
 Now again what to do today?? by the time the washings done it will be a bit to late to go to the workshop. I cooked a big pot of veg curry yesterday so no cooking to do, not cooking cake as its fattening.
 Fungal treatment is working on my finger nail, looks like another 6 to 8 weeks by the time its all grown back though. 3 weeks till hols with mum ,I was hoping it had grown back by then.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

imallie

Quote from: davina61 on February 10, 2024, 04:46:34 AMWell me man turned up early and cleared my blocked drain/pipework so sink runs and the washing machine is doing a load. Not sure what chemical he used but it stinks like rotten eggs, it will take a while to clear.

It wasn't the chemical he USED that made it smell that way, it was the hydrogen sulfide... which is the gas released from what was clogging up the drain when he unclogged it. So yeah, it should dissipate, basically depending on how big a blockage you had and what kind of ventilation you have! Hope it goes away soon though!

I only know this because a plumber once told me this when doing the same thing with our long kitchen pipe which got blocked. Kind of thing you don't forget. On a number of levels. 👃🤮😂

Love,
Allie
  •  

Emma1017

Davina just getting caught up on your postings and I saw this:

"Dangerous I know but sitting here bored got me thinking (can you all hear the clanking noise as the gears turn?) am I really trans."

On the cusp of getting my orchiectomy, doubt reared it's ugly head.  I wrote this:

"No doubt about a bout of another round of doubts: Life Being Transgender."

Your answer is exactly what I came up with:

"Well how many males would wish for an accident to their genitals, so they had to be removed?"

Exactly!  I am excited to have my surgery!

Yesterday when I asked the now,  rhetorical question: "Am I transgender?" my therapist responded:

"Well you certainly not cisgender..." and then she smiled that smile she has when she is calling out my BS.

•  

davina61

Its a shame there are no known to me trans ladies in the area, nobody on here close. Night in with nothing to watch on telly,2 films I have seen a few times, Mission Impossible 2 or Star Trek Beyond. Bad Chad feed on at 10, that should be good.
 Hot Rod club breakfast meet in the morning, will have to get  a wiz on to be there by 9.30
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

A good morning run out to hot rod brekie , plate of fry up and large coffee hit the spot. Had to drive the long way round as road flooded again, came back the other way but got stuck in traffic (as I expected). Some nice hot rods turned up, sun was shining. Saw R that I have not seen for years, he was a bit confused to start with but I think the penny dropped.
 Done some more washing, changed the bed so more to wash but apart from some towels I think I have caught up.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Jessica_K

Oh Sunday is washing day for me too, and sheet change. I did not have time to wash the sheets, but I do not need to make up the bed until Tuesday as I am away again.

•  

davina61

Trouble is I run out of drying space as only have a stand in the bedroom, I try not to use the tumble dryer due to cost. Right boobie has been itching again in the same spot just to the right of the areola ,some antiseptic cream helps.
 My friend said yesterday he needed his 1950 Vauxhall hot rod rewiring and I said that is my favourite thing to do. Looks like I have the job then, have to go over and do an assessment this week to work out what bits we need. Bit of brain exercise and careful planning.
 Blue cold sky this morning, high of 9C so they say. Of down the workshop to put sound deadening on the floor/bulkhead of the Austin, not sure how much of the dash and bits will have to be removed to get at it. Had to take pills as my back is hurting this morning so good I can do this stood up. 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

I got "this lady was first" in my local post office, not bad for wearing my dirty work gear ,no makeup and my old past it wig!!
 Went to my friend N to look at his street rod 1950 Vauxhall with a Chevy 350 in it, wiring is a mess so we worked out what bits are needed and when they come in and he has the inside stripped out I will go over and make a new wiring loom.
 Salmon curry for dinner, had some lightly poached ready to eat salmon that I froze a few weeks ago. Recipe said put all the spices and coconut milk in a pan together and mix, put the salmon in that you fry first. well as this was ready cooked it went in and simmered for 10 mins. Was okay, made pancakes for afters as it Shrove Tuesday. Ate all 5 with lemon and sugar, fat as a bacon pig now!! 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Jessica_K

Missed out on the pancakes as usual. K is not one for them but this year she made the mix for her and the Kids before they left this evening. I was late home and brought in chippy on way home, far to full to eat them so the mix still stands lol

Hugs
Jessica xxx

•  

davina61

Have to chase up my patches prescription again  (mutter mutter) and got a message on home answer phone to ring gender unit, no phone number or who it was . How the blazes do they expect me to reply?
 Might try phoning Nottingham clinic to see if it was them but last time I tried there was no direct number I could find.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•