Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Davina's diary

Started by davina61, July 05, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maid Marion

I had some yeast going into the Pandemic and stretched it out my measuring out a tiny amount and letting it grow for a few hours before making bread.

I'd freeze unbaked bread.

Later, instead of baking it, I found it more  efficient to deep fry bread dough!

Marion
  •  

davina61

Made a microwave sponge cake the other day, had some choc sprinkles so chucked them in. Turned out okay if a tad greasy. Advertised some old Street Rodder mags ,22 from 79 to 81. Will cost more to ship than they are worth!
 Also have some DC and Marvel mags from late 70s, not in very good condition but still readable. Now they might be worth selling, had a look at some and remembered the stories. Strange how the brain works as it must be over 40 years since I looked at them.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

davina61

Good job I have nothing planned for today, woke at 9am again. looks like broccoli soup for lunch as its been in the fridge 2 weeks and needs using. Not that I mind as its tasty and healthy .
 Will have to set my alarm for tomorrow as have dentist at 10am. Very wet and windy for the next 2 days.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

The most beautiful red sky tonight, darkest red that I can remember shining through the wispy clouds.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

So much for the red sky at night, shepherds delight. Its chucking it down and I have to be at the dentist for 10 so hope the roads are clear. Toss and turn nights sleep as well not helping, brain refused to shut down.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Emma1017

Davina your blog always makes me hungry. You should have a cooking channel on YouTube.  :D

We've had a spell of cold weather and snow so soup and crusty bread has been the key and one of the best parts of winter.

•  

davina61

Had the rest of the soup just for lunch with 2 slices of home made bread. Well brain has been mushy all day, rushing to get to the dentist (teeth fine, gums poor) I left my purse in my other bag. Good job they take over the phone payments, all sorted. Mum paid for my groceries, have to pay her back.
 After getting a box of spices ordered online the supermarket I use has some larger bags of spices on the shelf, one thing I did get was a tin of gee as well as Bombay mix . My Aunty "cant eat that its to hot(spicy)!! Just tried some and its very mild.
 Lamb curry this afty ,not sure what one yet but brain getting better now so will risk it.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Chapter 95 in Davina cooks, made a lamb curry that I made before that turned a bit wrong. With my better experience this time it turned out spot on, being patient with it and taking my time letting the yogurt cook out made all the difference I recon or maybe using the gee?
 Home made bread is tasting better after standing a few days as well .
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

"waste" of a day today, well sort of. Went back to sleep AGAIN after waking at 6.50 and listening to the radio for almost an hour, woke at 9 . Still had a sniffy nose and pulled my back sneezing so its a day in the warm. Made a large dry veg curry to use up a load of odds and ends, found the carrots were starting to rot and they are not that old and wrapped in foil in the fridge.
 Time to wizz round with the duster then and chase a few cobwebs.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Well little miss dozy head fell asleep sat on the sofa this afternoon for about 1/2 hr and then took a good 15mins to come round. I need something to start my metabolism working overtime. 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Well according to flea bay my package was delivered on Wed, nobody rang my door bell as it shows on my phone and nobody has seen a package. Highly unlikely it was taken as they are all sound. Left a complaining message so see what happens.
 Had a better look at mums car, the numpty that did the annual road worthy test has taken a hammer to the body work and punched holes in it. Now I was a tester for 44 years and it is supposed to be pressure of thumb and fore finger and maybe a LIGHT tap with a small hammer to see how it sounds. Going on Ds lift tomorrow to have a good look and see if its worth a formal complaint, the rules are if you damage it then you have to repair it. 
 Chemist just rang, are you taking the blood pressure pills yet. No waiting to see how my diet works, leg still not up to a lot of exercise.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Well mums car is sorted, took me from10.30 to 5.30 with no breaks to weld up 6 patches and a couple of other easy jobs. Doing on the ramp outside in that strong NE wind chilled me, very hot shower when I got home and some grub in my belly and fine now if not a bit shattered. Still have to put the carpets back, job for tomorrow morning.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Stiff as a board this morning, right ankle/Achilles hurting so much I could hardly walk. Hope the pain killers kick in soon. Cold (okay balmy for Alaska) today with patchy cloud. Looks like its warming up for our weekend away. 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Well the tablets worked, didn't take long to sort mums car and its booked in for a retest on Wed. She wants me to be there if any problem turns up. Stayed there for a bit, ******* rat kept running onto the patio eating the bird seed mum had put on the slabs. Told her to stop putting food on the floor so all cleaned up and some rat poison placed under an old bit of rain gutter so the birds cant get at it.
 Cold wind again today, 1/2 hr was enough to get chilled even with layers and 2 coats, good job its supposed to warm up. Busy on doing clothes wash ready for the hols, must do my wig in a bit so its dry for Wed.   
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Chapter 96 in cooking with Davina, going to have a bash at spaghetti soup for lunch from my recipe for one or book then its a Dalca for dinner (meat and veg) using the lamb from last week and a courgette . I have made this a few times, lets see if I can improve it this time as in take more care of the temp and cooking times.
 Body is nearly recovered from the bashing it got on Sunday, just a wee bit stiff getting out of bed this morning (I nearly put a bit stiff when I woke up but those days are long gone, Oh matron!)
 Might start packing my suitcase, not much needed this time as its only 3 nights. 2 days travel with 2 days out so a lot of time on the coach. Trip to St Ives the one day and I forget the other day trip, not sure if we will have time to walk around Newquay as mum wont walk far and weather is a bit iffy.   
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

imallie

Glad you seem to be on the mend! Hope you're feeling even better before your trip. 🤞

Love,
Allie
  •  

Emma1017

Have a wonderful trip Davina!!!

•  

davina61

Thanks I am sure I will, well the soup recipe got modified to suit what I had in the fridge. No mushrooms so used up some limp celery, no Pesto so made some with dry basil, garlic, pine nuts and olive oil bashed in the mortis and pestle. Only had penne pasta as well but it tastes okay, it said 145 calories but that may have changed with my substitutions .
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Mums car passed inspection, that's her sorted for another year. Gardener came and trimmed the trees and shrubs and took the soil away from planting the fruit trees.
 Most of my suitcase packed ,sister is picking me up on Friday and then mum.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

imallie

Hope you have a great trip!! (How's the ankle?)
  •