Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Davina's diary

Started by davina61, July 05, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

I have a build blog on the RodsNSods forum in the garage section, not sure if you can look at that unless you join. Gave up on Imgur as I cant get anything to upload to my page, almost loads and then seems to freeze.
 Home day again, I could go down the unit and start on some other things but I hate having several jobs on the go at once. Not that much space and I like to concentrate on one problem at a time.
 2 loads of clothes to wash as well, work wear was filthy with dust from wood and body filler. Chase the vac around time and bacon and eggs for lunch.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Maid Marion

Imgur just changed their uploads.
There is a green button on the upper left hand corner.  + New Post

I upload,then exit the page.

Return. Click on my Screen Name on the upper right hand corner to access Images.

It may help to crop and rescale the images to a smaller file size.
You may be uploading images that are too big.  Try around 1MB.
My  ancient Canon Point and Shoot camera will generate a 6MB image at the maximum detail setting.  Too big for web pages!
  •  

davina61

What I was getting at was pics wont upload to Imgur from my laptop, might give it another go sometime.
 Shopping went okay this morning and I beat the rain, got a large Spanish chorizo reduced in price. Pork and prawn with courgette for dinner, stir fry but a bit shy on the amount of courgette it says. Will be fine and I have veg curry to go with it. Fun slicing the prawns length ways but I did it without injury!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

imallie

Quote from: davina61 on June 13, 2024, 08:40:40 AMWhat I was getting at was pics wont upload to Imgur from my laptop, might give it another go sometime.
 Shopping went okay this morning and I beat the rain, got a large Spanish chorizo reduced in price. Pork and prawn with courgette for dinner, stir fry but a bit shy on the amount of courgette it says. Will be fine and I have veg curry to go with it. Fun slicing the prawns length ways but I did it without injury!

A few things... sometimes Imgur is wiggy. It works well for me on my ipad, not some much on my desktop. No idea why. I've also tried the app on my phone with middling success. So don't give up!

And second, any time I hear someone talk of doing some slicing without injury, I am both impressed and envious... so... well done!  ;)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Gina P

Gina P

I have the same problems so I have not posted pictures in some time.
  •  

davina61

I was feeling off this morning but put that down to a restless night, managed to do 3 hrs on the Austin and came back home as felt a bit rough. Just come down with a bad tummy, jet propelled with afterburner (I know TMI) . Chucking the food I ate out just in case, might just be the chorizo or garlic but could be the prawns? What ever not taking a chance.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Called in on Deb, she needs a kick up the rear mopping around. She has splashed out on new curtains and things trying to distract herself, not sure where she gets her money as not doing any work at the moment. Had a go at her letting the garden get in a mess again, suppose she is waiting for someone to do it for her when she could do some weeding/trimming.
 Beans are coming on anyway but the cold weather for time of year is holding them back, call in on mum in a bit and see how her veg is doing.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Messages from my 3 wishing happy fathers day ( I dont mind as its who I was) and eldest says he will pop round later so called at the shop to get his card and a bottle for his birthday on Tues.
 Mum had dug a root of spuds for her lunch (she has main meal in middle of the day) and she gave me some more broad beans, lots of flowers on the runner beans so hope they set. Blackberry bush covered in fruit and the bees were busy on the remaining flowers.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

My eldest popped over last night, late as a job he was working on ran over. Got a bottle of wine for fathers day and I gave him a card and some wine for his birthday today! He has been busy on with running his plumbing and heating business and playing in the band, they were not happy with the set up at the last festival. Inside a tent with a minimal stage and no sound check and the drum kit provided was rubbish, lets hope the festival this weekend coming will be better . Should be as they are second from top billing.
 Back not playing ball this morning, pain killers and rest day then. Nice day as well to be stuck in.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

After some stretching exercises and a rest my back is just its normal clunky, made some pasta with mushrooms and a bit of left over tin tomatoes. No onion or garlic just in case that is what has given me an upset tum the last few days. Fish cakes for dinner. Ordered 6 tins of spray glue so I can finish some of the panels for the Austin.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Another day to throw the towel in, overslept (9,15!) and then the laptop did yet another update (2nd in a few days) and that has taken an age before its running properly. Have to be up and at em tomorrow as have hospital appointment at 9.20 am ,fight through rush hour and school traffic.
 Blue sky this morning with lambs tail cloud, high pressure building. Pasta and sardines for lunch maybe, bit of house work to do anyway.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Emma1017

Hi Davina.  I've been away for a while and just catching on your blog. 

I'm glad you had a good fathers day.  My son came over and instead of wine, which is always welcome, he gave me a hammock.   We were all entertained as he insisted on setting it up.

I may have to join you doing back exercises.  Getting out of the hammock was very challenging for me,surrounded by unsympathetic laughter from those around me. ::)

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

davina61

Good job I was not there, I would have joined in!!!! Saying that I would have struggled like a beached walrus.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Emma1017

I WAS a beached walrus!!!

But I loved the hammock.

It is so special that we kept our sons love.  ❤️
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Lori Dee

davina61

Got to the hospital 1/2hr early, no traffic as such. Went in to see doc on time as well! Just calcium build up on the cartilage he said so nothing to worry about, have a word with your dentist about exercises to help. Seeing them next Fri so will ask, anyway out of there in time to get home for 10am so off shopping in a mo.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Beef curry made as well as potato and cauliflower "curry" , chucked some green beans in to use them up. Think my HRT level is up, girls are load and proud today and sore.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Well my internet is slow as again, it was so bad yesterday it took 5mins to load a page!! Did a speed check and it said down load 2mbs and up load .07mbs. If its not better soon will be a crabby call to my provider again. Strange thing is TV was working on the net okay so is it my lap top after a down load /update? Not good at this sort of stuff, don't want just start bashing the keys in settings in case I mess up.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Tried to start my panel van, its been sat 2 years and the battery spun it over. Fuel smells fine but spark is very weak, back on it tomorrow when I have some more tools and parts.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Some times you wonder why, internet is hardly working, I want to start my VW panel but after standing 2 years its not playing ball and I ache all over. Its for a reason ,life is like that but its still peeing me off.
 Just got a letter for a mammogram appointment , fine but its for 9.15 am. Local cottage hospital so not that bad.
 Think I need an afternoon nap ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Found the noise in mums car, lose heat shield. She could only hear it with her aids in and TBH nothing I could hear , tighten the clip and its fine. While I had it on Ds outside lift I knocked out the dent in the air dam under front bumper, looks better and with a bit of primer and top coat that mum has it looks fine.
 Jump leads of my car onto panel van made it turn over, looks like battery duff. Just need to put clean fuel in it now, warning to anyone with petrol powered machinery that the fuel is only good for about 3 months since they put methanol in it.
 Back home by 2.45, Debs was out. Mum gave me a load of broad (fava ?) beans so shelled them, 2 bags (about a cup) in the freezer and some of the tender ones to go with pasta tomorrow
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•