News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Davina's diary

Started by davina61, July 05, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dena

Quote from: ElizabethK on July 02, 2018, 08:45:32 PM
I never thought of icecream...I do have an icecream maker and I really do love icecream...it was almost a staple when I was growing up LOL. I made some when I first got the machine and loved how good it was(got concerned about my weight so stopped making it)...I must give it a go with some sweetener I am guessing all I should need to do is substitute sweetner for sugar in the custard....good idea Dena thanks
Fat is also an issue in Ice cream so my diet version uses one cup cream and 3 cups milk. By the way, the chocolate chip was mostly for me and the rum was for my roommate.

Dena's Diet Version
3 eggs 
1/2 cup splenda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups milk
1 cups whipping cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
add 3 oz chocolate chips chopped for chocolate chip
replace vanilla with 2 tablespoons dark rum for rum flavored ice cream
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Dena on July 02, 2018, 09:57:54 PM
Fat is also an issue in Ice cream so my diet version uses one cup cream and 3 cups milk. By the way, the chocolate chip was mostly for me and the rum was for my roommate.

Dena's Diet Version
3 eggs 
1/2 cup splenda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups milk
1 cups whipping cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
add 3 oz chocolate chips chopped for chocolate chip
replace vanilla with 2 tablespoons dark rum for rum flavored ice cream

Yum thanks Dena
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

vickijonesuk

:) I love your thread Davina - it goes from life to make up to engine maintenance to hot rods to cake making - you are awesome  :icon_flower:

•  

davina61

awesome ??? just a build up of life experience. Oh and I tell it as it is, right of to see the vampire and then work.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

vickijonesuk

Quoteawesome ??? just a build up of life experience.

and that's what makes you awesome - being able to share it

•  

davina61

Just got back from Hot Rod meet , cake went down well. Don't know if any so you will remember that one of the members had transed , well she was there and sat next to me and said she had heard about me. Closest we got to mentioning  trans was when I got dead named and she said been there!! There was hot rods in the car park but my phone says it needs data cleaning for space so cant take pics . Had a letter that looks genuine, correct envelope, paper , details ect saying I have a tax refund and to get it within 5 days log on to this web page (looks right) or wait up to 4 months to get a cheque . Now that bit made me suspicious so need to check its not a scam to get bank details, would be nice if its true as can afford a bit of face zapping 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

LizK

Glad the meet and cake went down well. Being misnamed sucks bigtime and one of those things that I think feels worse the longer we move along with our transition. Nice to meet a fellow trans person, usually good for some added support if needed. Its great to be able to have a conversation with another trans woman that doesn't centre around hormones, boob jobs, Dr's, Electrolysis or GCS LOL although I must be I have been guilty of this myself. Buut it does make a pleasant chnage all the same.

Take Care

Liz

HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Good to hear the hot rod meet went well and you could talk a bit with the other person you heard about.  Certainly be careful of scams, they can be so deceiving.
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

davina61

Its genuine but tried to log on to the system and it cant find me, defiantly here!!! So have to phone them, good old computer system eh .  Taking bets on how long I will be on hold. Anyway nearly said the girls have gone dormant but then today had a severe sharp pain in right nipple and they have both gone sore again and filling out in cleavage area. Have a salt craving as well but that could be the heat (on injections not Spiro)
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Katie Jade

Yes had that today as well, a bit of massage and they nice and warm now....
Katie

:angel: :angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

LizK

There are very few times I don't gently bang my arm against one of my breasts and they not feel tender. The girls at the support group were talking about boob size and what to expect. I fit into the "average" category with my b cups but my understanding is that if you get a c cup "you are a legend" as one of the girls was told by her endocronologist...I would love to be in the "legend' status but I think its going to take a few more years LOL Aparently B cup is the standard

Glad to hear the tax return is legit...found money is always nice!!! Hopefully you won't be on hold tooo long but hey if its a Govt department then I'd bring a packed lunch!!

Take care

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

davina61

Phoned the tax line , all done in 10 mins!!!!! and a name change as well. Wonders will never cease. Unfortunately not able to change gender (Mr to Miss) but have a number to phone for that. As its 30+ degC here I have made a chicken/veg to go in slow cooker for tomorrow night, not one to waste a carcass I boiled the bones for stock and defrosted some I had in freezer. Potatoes, swede, and carrots with 2 handfuls of butter beans and stock cube . Also some chicken gravy granules to thicken it up. Need to go grocery shopping tomorrow night after work or nothing for Saturdays lunch box.   
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: davina61 on July 05, 2018, 02:12:53 PM
Phoned the tax line , all done in 10 mins!!!!! and a name change as well. Wonders will never cease. Unfortunately not able to change gender (Mr to Miss) but have a number to phone for that. As its 30+ degC here I have made a chicken/veg to go in slow cooker for tomorrow night, not one to waste a carcass I boiled the bones for stock and defrosted some I had in freezer. Potatoes, swede, and carrots with 2 handfuls of butter beans and stock cube . Also some chicken gravy granules to thicken it up. Need to go grocery shopping tomorrow night after work or nothing for Saturdays lunch box.

@davina61
Dear Davina:   Wow, indeed... name changes with government agencies are supposed to take much longer, don't they know that??   But in typical government fashion, the same phone call to change your name to a female name does not handle a very related change from Mr. to Miss ... now a different number and department to call...
   .......... go figure... ???  :-\

While many areas of the UK and the USA are sweltering with high and hot temperatures, this week where I live has been in the much cooler range during the mid-day...
.... 15 to 20 deg C... or 57 to 68 deg F   and on my Saturday hike into the hills it was about 10 degrees cooler, perfect for vigorous hiking.   I "melt" in the higher heat.

Thanks for posting your update and enjoy your deliciously described slow cooker meal.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

davina61

Since the HRT I found I am not affected as much by temp as the old me, handling this heat ok and not felling the cold as much.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Shy

Quote from: davina61 on July 05, 2018, 03:50:31 PM
Since the HRT I found I am not affected as much by temp as the old me, handling this heat ok and not felling the cold as much.

The plus side with all this heat is that I don't have to mow the lawn, it's now a nice shade of brown. ;D
Glad to see you're keeping the bureaucrats on their toes. Won't be long and you'll be sorted.

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

davina61

Yes Sadie not many left to sort, ebay , some forums to change email on . Have to phone electric supplier as cant change on line, bound to be something else as always is!!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: davina61 on July 06, 2018, 03:02:56 PM
Yes Sadie not many left to sort, ebay , some forums to change email on . Have to phone electric supplier as cant change on line, bound to be something else as always is!!

@davina61   @Shy
Yes indeed, just when you think you have done all the name and gender changes then there are a bunch of new ones to get changed.... then of course, you will be getting snail mail and emails in your old name for years!!!!
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

davina61

Didn't sleep well last night as toooooo hot , 7.30 pm and thermometer in shade on top of writing desk says 29C. Big glass of wine then!!!! Not helped by cooking a big pot of dry veg curry and then a beef cooked in whole spices, the afternoon sun comes straight in through the window.Will be very hot in my lock up tomorrow, need to see if the new front beam needs painting.At least it will dry quick!!!! Bought some duck breasts (to eat!!!!!) so making a duck curry tomorrow night , more an Asian curry than Indian . Had to get some red onions and white vinegar to make it, it also says coriander roots and I do have a living plant but don't want to use it as its doing well.Have fun in the sun folks
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: davina61 on July 07, 2018, 01:46:04 PM
Didn't sleep well last night as toooooo hot , 7.30 pm and thermometer in shade on top of writing desk says 29C. Big glass of wine then!!!! Not helped by cooking a big pot of dry veg curry and then a beef cooked in whole spices, the afternoon sun comes straight in through the window.Will be very hot in my lock up tomorrow, need to see if the new front beam needs painting.At least it will dry quick!!!! Bought some duck breasts (to eat!!!!!) so making a duck curry tomorrow night , more an Asian curry than Indian . Had to get some red onions and white vinegar to make it, it also says coriander roots and I do have a living plant but don't want to use it as its doing well.Have fun in the sun folks

@davina61 
Dear Davina.... I will try not to upset you about your hot weather but it is another cool day here and some sprinkles of rain.  63 degrees F    (17 deg C)   Since I melt in the heat I am very happy with the weather here where I live.

I keep reading and following your thread and am always amazed at all that you are always cooking in your kitchen... such descriptive and delicious sounding meals....  just for you?...   Cooking and baking in that kind of heat, I think I would probably be making cool salads, cold sandwiches and stuff like that.

Oh, by the way, I take it that you don't have Air Conditioning????

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

davina61

No air con in private homes in UK as it never gets that hot?????  I do pass on some of my food but a lot of them are made up into single meals so when I come in from work its a quick reheat (if I remember to take it out of freezer) At the moment I have no space left, the veg curry gets eaten as a side dish and this came out HOT as the chilli powder I have is on the strong side. Good as it cools you down. I do get carried away when food shopping , especially if its on offer like the duck breasts I am cooking tomorrow, curried of course!!!

Buy the buy just had to put my feet in a bowl of cold water as they are burning hot
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•