Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Davina's diary

Started by davina61, July 05, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emma1017

Ok Davina skip working on the car for a while and weld a wood fired hot tub....see below:

•  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

davina61

Crouched over welding alloy was what started my back playing up so NO not doing that, managed to weld the ring around the tail pipe opening okay. When I ground the welds down I had to stop and stand for a few minutes to carry on, skim of filler and back home. Cooked tomato aubergine rice and have a pork Vindaloo cooking now for dinner, that took all afternoon .A lot of prep needed pealing 4 tomatoes and removing the seeds and then making the paste for the Vindaloo. Tried a bit of the rice, very peppery and I put in what the recipe said (1 tsp) .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sarah B

davina61

Well blow me down its Thursday again already, bit of food shop to do. I get a bit same old thing going on, never sure what to get from the meat counter. Might be a tray of chicken thighs, at least they are the cheapest but £ for LB a whole chicken is best.
 Still have that itching patch on my right boob with just a few tiny spots to show, does look like a heat rash but have not worn a bra for the last week. It was better but has flared up again and its driving me nuts, good job the antiseptic (Savlon) cream takes the itch out.
 Need a good week of dry weather to get on the garden as there is a bit to do at mums and loads at Debs, also need to sort her shed as she put her motor bike in there and just dumped stuff including the bike in a right jumble. 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Woke at 6 for a comfort break and climbed back into bed, nodded off and put the radio on and then crashed out again. Trouble was I found it hard to come round, brain still mushy and back sore so rest day.
 I think its carrying the bags of food shop up the stairs that gives me a sore back on a Friday, big pack of chicken thighs and a few tins of tomatoes plus an on offer pack of salmon fillets made for a heavy load. When you add in a pack of onions and a large cauliflower it soon adds up.
 It was a nice bright start to today but clouding up, wet again soon --------
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Home day again, just made some broccoli soup (well green for St paddys day) and have salmon and spinach curry to make for dinner later. Fixed my friend Debs lights in her conservatory , fuse in a spur box blown. One of her granddaughters asked her who was their best friend and she said me and the granddaughter said that is what I thought!
 Must call in on her more often, at the moment I can only stand small doses of her.  Family and friends are having a "do" in a pub in town in memory of her son today, she was not sure if she was going and I know it will knock her back if she does.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

coral

Emma, Davina,

Not sure who created the wood fired hot tub. The end product looks excellent. I am impressed with the creativity, and professional skills needed to build it! 

I am an old farmer. My main building and repair material is steel, but use whatever material that fits the project.  I recycle a lot of material others discard. I could never develop the skill to weld lighter materials.  FYI:  my favorite material for repairs and new projects is discarded steel bed rails.

Emma, thanks for sharing the video.

Coral
  •  

imallie

Quote from: davina61 on March 17, 2024, 06:36:32 AMHome day again, just made some broccoli soup (well green for St paddys day) and have salmon and spinach curry to make for dinner later. Fixed my friend Debs lights in her conservatory , fuse in a spur box blown.

Don't know if this is a exclusively American board game thing or not... but I cannot read the above without wondering if you murdered your friend with a lead pipe or rope, and whether or not Colonel Mustard was involved. :D
  •  

davina61

No it was the vicar behind the wood shed!! Feeling okay this morning apart from that darn itchy patch, I do have the power to ignore it. Weather not to bad for the next few days so gardens might dry up a bit, mums Magnolia is covered in buds so hope the frost forecast for later in the week is not harsh. Pear tree I transplanted is covered in buds as well after not doing well in the pot.
 Looks like I didnt cook the shallot out enough in the broccoli soup? the allyl methyl sulphide (okay had to look that up) needs to be cooked out or else I get an upset digestive system with explosive results. Thats why I cant eat any raw onion, even chives in a salad is enough. Still its cheaper than a enema!! 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

imallie

Quote from: davina61 on March 18, 2024, 04:19:53 AMNo it was the vicar behind the wood shed!! Feeling okay this morning apart from that darn itchy patch, I do have the power to ignore it. Weather not to bad for the next few days so gardens might dry up a bit, mums Magnolia is covered in buds so hope the frost forecast for later in the week is not harsh. Pear tree I transplanted is covered in buds as well after not doing well in the pot.
 Looks like I didnt cook the shallot out enough in the broccoli soup? the allyl methyl sulphide (okay had to look that up) needs to be cooked out or else I get an upset digestive system with explosive results. Thats why I cant eat any raw onion, even chives in a salad is enough. Still its cheaper than a enema!! 

Huh! That's new to me! Maybe it's just a different way to say some of the same stuff, but what I'd always been taught was onions are high in fructans, and when they're broken down slowly in your gut the result is a gas - which leads to bloating, distress and more.

When we are young, we have more acids in our systems and break them down more quickly, so there is less gas.. and that is why they can tend to affect us more as we age. But if we cook them off, we can make the chemical reaction take place outside our body... and that way it won't bother us as much.
  •  

davina61

I don't know, just what a search put up. Whatever it is I took a flask of soup for my lunch and no side effects today. Maybe sat in a bowl in the fridge knocks it out?
 Mum fetched some new shelving to go in her greenhouse, old plastic one had given way from UV . Job for me then when its a dry day, Magnolia bush is in full bloom, plum and pear trees are budding well and a few bubs showing on the apple. Gardener bloke she got to cut and clear some shrubs was very hard on the one but that has suddenly started to put new shoots out. Blackberry needs tying back to fence as does the climbing rose to the arch, need to see if the one rose bush has gone wild due to its long shoots now its not smothered. Waiting for some nice spring weather.
 While its warm today(15+C) I am going to take the dash out of the Austin and do some work to it ready for the leather cover, well thats if I can ever afford a hide-------   
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Gold medal for a sleepathon (again) so its a good job I had plans to stay home. Went to bed at 11pm and crashed out, woke at 6.30 for a comfort break and got back into bed and crashed again! 9.45 when I got up and its 11.10 as I do this.
 Cooking a chicken curry later, it says chicken legs or skinless/boneless thighs. Why skin and debone the thighs when the legs have thighs on them and you dont debone them. They will go in whole.
 I will be doing cleaning and washing clothes just to keep myself occupied.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

CynthiaAnn

The days are getting longer here in the North lands, sleep well....

C
  •  

davina61

Well Thursday food shop yet again, have to get 8 Easter eggs for the grandkids (££££s!!) and 3 boxes of chocs for my kids to share with their partners. Mum is not shopping today as Aunt and Uncle are taking the Toyota truck in for repairs today so going tomorrow. I need to go today as running out of stuff and I will be a lot quicker on my own.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Well dear hearts yet another exciting day (not really) , went into the well known in the UK cycle and car parts place for a can of tyre weld. Now the young person I was served by and I have seen a few times made me think they were MTF, confirmed today as they were wearing a polo top. HRT working then, I said thank you my dear as I left. 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Just got a message from my youngest, I am a granny again! Last night 4.2lb a boy and they have called him George, doing okay but on a feeding tube and in a incubator to regulate his temperature. 9 Easter eggs next year then----------
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

LoriDee

My Life is Based on a True Story.
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247442.0.html

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

•  

davina61

Forgot to add I have a letter from the GIC (copy to my doc) about my after care as they have discharged me, carry on with the same HRT and monitor the bloods every 6 weeks 48 hrs after patches. Oh well back to the 6weekly vampire visits then, they also gave a guide to the levels I should have, 300 to 500 ppml.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Gina P

Congratulations on little George. 
  •  

Jessica_K

My endo reduced my E as I was 800pmol/l. She wanted me below 600. Been at that E now for 5 months and test soon, but I definitely feeling the difference, not for the good.

Great news of a grandson, granny Davina. Xxx

Hugs
Jessica
Xxx
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

davina61

Took my mum for lunch at the garden centre, last day for doing a roast lunch before summer menu so that is what we all had. Got a pair of wellies ,bought mum a rhubarb plant and while we were there she got some bags of manure and compost. 3 of each so I had to unload them into the barrow and move them to the garden, planted the rhubarb in the raised bed. She also got some seed potatoes and my sister got her a raspberry and blackcurrant plants ,more work for me then!!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•