Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Davina's diary

Started by davina61, July 05, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

I did say to mum I would come and put up her new shelving in the greenhouse today, weather forecast said rain all day and cold so rang and said I will do it when its better at the end of the week. Guess what its been dry all day (mutters some thing rude) but started doing stuff at home. Good job she is not in a rush.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

davina61

So I will ramble on, same old here. Must find something to do today, have to order some foam to cover the dash on the Austin . Also have to decide what to cover it in,leather cloth or real leather? Cost will most likely be the deciding factor.
 Blast that spotty itchy patch is still spotty and itchy, might end up seeing the doc yet.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Shopping day, what the hell was going on as the place was rammed and girl on checkout said it had been like that from when they opened at 8 !! Must be a holiday then, crazy and its not like the shops are closed.
 Queen Camilla was handing out the Maundy money at Worcester cathedral this morning, they were hoping the rain held of but it started at 10.30 and stopped at 12. Damp walk around for her.
 Creamy chicken and fig curry to cook now for tonight, dull and wet again so glad I am inside. Mums greenhouse to sort tomorrow and sort the garden tools from the greenhouse into the shed where they should be.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Maid Marion

We have great holiday sales on groceries before Easter.  I bought a 4lb spiral ham for just $12!
There are also foods that can only be purchased now, like Easter Keilbasa or sausage.  Special recipes that are only available at this time.
  •  

davina61

Bought a tray of pork chops reduced as have todays date to use by, have a recipe for Masala Pork chops that is very nice. Will have to cook them tonight.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Made up the shelf units for mums green house, they nearly ended up in the bin. Push together frame kept falling apart till I worked out I could bend the tabs back on themselves to lock it together. Turned very windy, hot in my coat in the sun but the wind chill froze my face and hands. Still job jobbed.
 Chops cooked, not sure the recipe was for the huge chops as it could have done with more sauce. Crashed out now knackered!!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Had a good morning going to the National Street Rod Association local Big Brunch meet up ,nice to look at all the hot rods and customs as well as Roy's new front engined dragster. All you could eat buffet breakfast (I was a good girl and only had a small bit) and a good natter in the carpark surrounded by the cars. Got referred to as "this lady"   as well. 60 mile round trip, had to get up at 1/2 past7 and we lost an hour last night now its BST.
 My youngest lad sent me a short video of Belle looking at George and touching his nose gently.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

So (pun intended) I bit the bullet, dragged the sewing machine onto the table and sewed the ends in the dash cover. Now I have to sew a bit in where the steering column cover fits, that will be "fun as its curved and at an angle.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Think I managed to sew the panel in okay, will find out tomorrow. Made some sweet potato chips (fries) in the air fryer ,very nice. Cut the potato up into same size chunks, put them in a bowl with a TBS of olive oil, tsp of paprika and salt and pepper. Mix well to coat then in the air fryer basket and cook at 160c for 15mins, give them a shake and cook for 10 mins at 200c till crispy on ends. 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

I think I have caught up with the clock change, nice bright morning but showers on the way. My lads band did a wedding "do" the other day in town and had to carry all the gear through a good few inches of water to the bar. The water board had failed to install pumps, Enviro agency predicted the water level would be fine but got it wrong. The bar where they normally play got flooded out on the Friday but managed to clear it all for Sat afternoon. The joys of living next to a large river in the rainy session and with the excessive rain fall this winter it has made it worse. 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

It was a bit of a why do I bother days, started of catching the spoon in my porridge and sending it down my dressing gown, ran out of glue to do the dash cover and spent ages looking for a pot of glue that has vanished. Still called in at mums and planted the Blackcurrant and Raspberry plants my sister got her for her birthday.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Northern Star Girl

@davina61
Dear Davina: 

I fully understand your frustrations !!!!!

I am self-employed and when my day seems to start that way I sometimes just lock
my office door and either go to the next door coffee shop to clear my brain with
coffee and a piece of their homemade pie... or I just call it a day and go home
hoping for a better day "tomorrow." 

This time of year with the USA tax season in full swing, I do not have that option...
the due date for filing tax returns for my clients is on Monday, April 15, 2024 ...
just under 2 weeks away.

HUGS, Danielle

Quote from: davina61 on April 02, 2024, 04:55:11 PMIt was a bit of a why do I bother days, started of catching the spoon in my porridge and sending it down my dressing gown, ran out of glue to do the dash cover and spent ages looking for a pot of glue that has vanished. Still called in at mums and planted the Blackcurrant and Raspberry plants my sister got her for her birthday.
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

davina61

2 reasons to celebrate that date then, its my birthday as well!  Mrs mop day, changed the bed already and bedding washing now, vac and dusting to do. Took a packet of French beans out fridge that have only been in there 5 days, nearly 1/2 were mouldy. 2nd time this has happened and it says keep in original packet in fridge for storage instructions.  Next time they will get wrapped in kitchen paper towel to stop them sweating. Doing a slow cooker chicken stew tomorrow just to clear some home made stock from freezer, one chicken breast and lots of veg so the beans will go in that.
 Later me dears as have spider webs to chase and my dressing table has 1/4ins of dust in places!!! 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Emma1017

Davina, I am having flashbacks of northern England and my days waiting out the rain at the Black Bull Pub in Haltwhistle. Not the worst way to get out of the rain...

Four days of back-to-back torrential rain and snow to the north of us.  Tonight we even have thunder and lightning.  Thankfully I cleared the roof gutters last weekend and tarred the hole in the garage roof. 

I hope you get out to your favorite pub after your spring chores!

•  

davina61

Its been the wettest 18 months on record so they said this morning, not to bad at the moment which is good as its Thurs food shop (yet again) .
 This Sat its the Laurel Canyon band so some Beach Boys, Mommas and Poppas and other harmony songs. Kitchen Island Band on the 20th and my lads band in town on the Fri after.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

imallie

Quote from: davina61 on April 03, 2024, 04:02:24 AM2 reasons to celebrate that date then, its my birthday as well!  Mrs mop day, changed the bed already and bedding washing now, vac and dusting to do. Took a packet of French beans out fridge that have only been in there 5 days, nearly 1/2 were mouldy. 2nd time this has happened and it says keep in original packet in fridge for storage instructions.  Next time they will get wrapped in kitchen paper towel to stop them sweating. Doing a slow cooker chicken stew tomorrow just to clear some home made stock from freezer, one chicken breast and lots of veg so the beans will go in that.
 Later me dears as have spider webs to chase and my dressing table has 1/4ins of dust in places!!! 

It's cold and snowy (!) here right now, so reading about your slow cooker chicken stew sounds delicious ... I hope it warmed you in real life as much as THINKING ABOUT IT has warmed me this morning! 😘
  •  

davina61

15C today so not the weather for a stew, saying that it is very nice and I made some cheese scones to have with it (a bit like American biscuits but made with milk not butter milk). Have enough for another 2 dinners.
 Picked up some glue so tomorrow I can get the dash done, hose turned up for demist vent so dash can get fitted when sorted.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

That was a good days work on the Austin, dash fitted and other bits done. Scuffed my hands a bit as its a bit tight getting at the fixings.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Well I should be sat in the pub now getting ready for some flower power music, back has been bad all day and done something to my left leg .Damaged or pulled a muscle by the feel of it, to top it all I fell asleep on the sofa-----------
 Not a nice night to venture out anyway as blowing a storm, windows rattling well.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Refreshed this morning after 9hrs! sleep, dyed my hair, rang mum to say see you tomorrow. On the phone 20mins and my porridge was stone cold by the time I managed to eat it. Mums cousin B died the other day, she was 90 and been unwell for a bit. Mum said there is a what feels like a card from B here, it was found when they were clearing some of Bs things so sent it. Birthday card, dont think I have ever had one from her before. Strange how the universe works.
 Well its a cooking day, watching the F1 and a tidy up. Still very windy rattling my window in the living room even though there is a wedge in it.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•