Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Davina's diary

Started by davina61, July 05, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

Today went quite well sort of, might have to take the dash back out of the Austin as mechanical fault on wipers (ggrrrr) . Making a choc cake in the air fryer as compensation!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Emma1017

Chocolate cake compensates for a lot of things.  I hope you enjoyed it!
  •  

davina61

Managed to fix the wipers, was a faff to get at and aching from doing it now (age and HRT!) Gave D a hand to tow a stranded van in from the road outside so he could fit a new starter, another faff!!
 Thursday food shop again, have to think careful about what to get.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

imallie

Haven't tried actual baking in the air fryer - curious as to how it goes and what are the benefits?

Made sweet potato fries in the air fryer to go with our dinner tonight and I think I've both finally got them as crispy as I can, and accepted that sweet potato fries simply don't get nearly as crispy as regular fries so there's a limit.

•  

davina61

Yes best you will get are "burnt" edges!! As far as baking in the air fryer goes its just quicker and less electricity, need a stiffer silicon mould though to keep shape. Lots of cake and muffin recipes in the air fryer cook book I have but just used a regular sponge mix, nice crispy top to it.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

imallie

Interesting! I do have a AF cookbook, but I haven't gotten around to flipping through it yet. Now you've motivated me to do so! I will go look at the baking recipes and maybe check one out. I'm curious now!
  •  

davina61

Well I bought chicken, 1kg thighs and 1kg legs. 1.6kg have gone in a chicken masala and the rest (3 thighs) are in the freezer. Also got some whole sea Bass and pork lion chops to freeze as they were reduced with tomorrows use by date. Lion chops are great for stir fry sliced thin and I have a sea bass curry recipe.
 Talk about getting held up, idiots driving at 34mph in a 60, temp traffic lights and folk who dont know how to drive GGGRRRRRRRRRR. At lest I got round the supermarket no bother.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Had to go and sort some more wiring on my friends hot rod, lost a feed to the engine fan. Not surprised as the wiring was such a mess it was hard to work out what was what.
 Called in on chemist on the way back to reorder my patches and buy some hand cream and cod liver oil capsules. Wanted some cloves but non in the shop, lady on the till said the supplier has stopped trading. Sign of the times.
 Off to see my lads band tonight, looks like it will stay dry.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Band put on a great show last night, my lad was putting in the work on the drums but you could see his face light up when he started to play. They had put the gig on as practice for a full set as they have some festivals to play at soon, the courtyard at the pub was rammed with folks as well. My cousin came down as well, we walked back to my flat together, good job as she was a bit under the influence! She lives just a bit further up the road, got a huge hug before she left.
 Cold wet and windy today, lashing it down tomorrow so a home day then. Have a couple of jobs I can do on the Austin today.   
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•