Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Not sure what to do

Started by JoltyC, July 17, 2017, 01:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoltyC

Ive had alot on my mind and its been making it hard to sleep. I want to try to come out as trans and try to start the process of transition but am just so scared of what people will think of me or if they will take me seriously at all. Sorry for being vague but i really dont know what else to say
  •  

Raell

Welcome to the forum! There are many here who know what you are going through.

You can find a lot of information and support on this forum. In the meantime, you can google the nearest LGBTQ center and check our their website to find counseling and support group resources before trying to come out to anyone.
  •  

LizK

Quote from: JoltyC on July 17, 2017, 01:14:37 AM
Ive had alot on my mind and its been making it hard to sleep. I want to try to come out as trans and try to start the process of transition but am just so scared of what people will think of me or if they will take me seriously at all. Sorry for being vague but i really dont know what else to say

Hi JoltyC

Welcome to Susan's. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Coming out can be a really tough thing to do. First thing is once you are sure you want to come out, pick your target, who do I come out to? Is there anyone who you would consider an LGBTQ+ ally? If not local counselling services might be able top hook you up. Finding someone you trust to talk to and share how you feel is usually a big relief for people.

So you are able to get the very best from being here there are a couple of links we give to all our new members

Site Policies and Stuff to Remember (https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,2.0.html)

Regards
ElizabethK
Global Moderator

Please Remember

Do not share anything on Susan's that you do not want to be public information.

Things that you should read
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

RobynTx

Coming out is probably the hardest part of the transition.  But once you tell one person, and they accept you, it gets easier and easier.

•  

Dan

Welcome, Jolty!

I can't give any advice on coming out since I've only come out to my partner and one close friend, all good at this point. Since I only started on hormones 15 days ago, I'm waiting for some noticeable changes before I start coming out to everyone that needs to know, e.g. other friends, family and at work.

Friends are easy. They like it or lump it. I don't need anybody in my life who doesn't support my growth a person. My family will be fine, I'm sure since I've probably been so trans to them that it would have been more of a surprise to me than them ( they were the first to recognize me as gay and gave me some hints that it was OK  ;D).

Work will be more interesting. I'll talk to HR ahead of time so that they can prepare some gender diversity training before I ask for a change in my name. Again, I am too obviously trans there that they will likely be less surprised than me  :P

It's best to take this coming out thing slowly with some pre-planning and considering how to handle potential fall out. In the end, it is your life you have to live not anybody else's.

Welcome to Susan's.
  •