Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Not shure if this is my path

Started by Johanna M, July 16, 2017, 03:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johanna M

Hi

Started low dose E(maybe 20% of "normal" dose) second half of February and spiro/finasterid a couple of months earlier. Had some minimal breastbuds before E.
Spring and early summer has been great. Feeling so much better. Happier. Much more balanced after a month on E. Really enjoyed to see my body and face change. My gender dysphoria hasn't gone away but is better.
My wife is my greatest supporter and has forbidden me to stop E. She said that she has a partner that is much more loving caring and balanced. My parents and my son knows and support me fully. Same with my manager at work.

But the last days I have been questioning my path. We have rented a vacation house far away from home and I have been living more or less as Johanna the whole time. When looking in the mirror I see the first real signes of the woman i'm becoming and it scares me. I feel a bit scared and embarrassed even in male mode due to some male fail.

I know that stopping HRT would be extremely hard. Reducing dose could maybe slow changes but the doses I take are already low. I don't think that I can manage an other period of hard gender dysphoria.

Don't know what to do

Skickat från min LG-H815 via Tapatalk

•  

Dena

If you are unable to determine what's making you uncomfortable and address it, you need to see a therapist. It's not uncommon for us to develop doubt when our dysphoria levels start to drop and that can become a real problem. There are several people on the site who felt their dysphoria was under control so they returned to male mode and discontinued HRT only to have the dysphoria return. The reduction in dysphoria has caused you  to lose sight of your goals and therapy will be the best way for you to reestablish goals that will keep you comfortable with yourself.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

HappyMoni

Quote from: Johanna M on July 16, 2017, 03:28:57 PM
Hi

Started low dose E(maybe 20% of "normal" dose) second half of February and spiro/finasterid a couple of months earlier. Had some minimal breastbuds before E.
Spring and early summer has been great. Feeling so much better. Happier. Much more balanced after a month on E. Really enjoyed to see my body and face change. My gender dysphoria hasn't gone away but is better.
My wife is my greatest supporter and has forbidden me to stop E. She said that she has a partner that is much more loving caring and balanced. My parents and my son knows and support me fully. Same with my manager at work.

But the last days I have been questioning my path. We have rented a vacation house far away from home and I have been living more or less as Johanna the whole time. When looking in the mirror I see the first real signes of the woman i'm becoming and it scares me. I feel a bit scared and embarrassed even in male mode due to some male fail.

I know that stopping HRT would be extremely hard. Reducing dose could maybe slow changes but the doses I take are already low. I don't think that I can manage an other period of hard gender dysphoria.

Don't know what to do

Johanna, what is your age range if I can ask?  It is a paradox that we go on meds, feel better, think we can get off them, then get hit hard when dysphoria  comes raging back. It is scary as hell to make changes. Having doubt is normal. It might help to  ask yourself if you want to back off  in order to enjoy something of a male life, or is it from fear. It took a while to get rid of the embarrassment aspect. I suspect it might be lack of confidence in your female self or your male image trying to preserve what is safe. I would worry more if you desire  more maleness for the joy of being male.
Moni
Dena is right with theerapist.
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

elkie-t

I wonder why are you on low dose e (given you have your support network in place and job secure) and not a normal one? Do you want to develop woman's body or not? Sometimes it's more difficult to be in between, than at either end of the journey. If you a an mtf, then I'd believe you would welcome the changes... what scares you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Johanna M

Hi and thank for sharing your experiences.

Have been on and off HRT two or three times the last years. Got my meds from another place... Decided 1 1/2 year ago to quit hormones and did so for nearly a year. That was the worst year ever and it ended with me coming out to my wife and seeking professional help. Have been to the therapist during this year and will meet her again after her vacation. Going off hormones is not an option for me. My plan has been to stay on low dose for a year reducing dysphoria and small enough that change of body and face isn't noticeable for people at work etc. We plan to move to another bigger town next year.

The last days has been strange. Seeing what hormones has done in low dose both makes me so happy but afraid at the same time. Doubts if this is the way for me has been really hard. Trying to see myself in the female role scares me. I feel much more secure in male mode. Male fail really scares me. Didn't expect the effects of hormones to come so fast. And so on.
@Moni I'm in my late fourties

•  

HappyMoni

Is male mode good only for security? At your age I was thinking I could never find a way to be a whole person. Female things were wonderful until guilt, hormones, frustration or whatever would drag me back to male. It was secure, yes, but I was a split person who was never happy with myself. That cycle lasted most of my life until I desperately couldn't take it any more.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Laurie

Hi Johanna,

I'm Laurie and I see I missed welcoming you to Susan's Place, I'm sorry for that, but alas I've be caught up in myself lately. So let me welcome you now. ((Hug))  It's a bit late to tell you to come on in and make yourself comfortable as you already have. Please continue as we not only want you here, we need you here. This site is made so people with a little more experience can help those with a little less or those who are going through difficult times.
  I would put you in that last category. Not being verse in your story and your progress I went back a read your prior posts. (I saw I had read a few before)  I see in this tread we are talking about uncertainty and fears our terrible monsters that strive to make us question ourselves and our motives. They are certainly no strangers to all of us here so we all start out with common grounds to share our experiences.
   I see that even though everything you have told us before is all good you are now questioning whether going forward is the right thing for you to do. I suggest you go back and read your own posts on this forum. Your own words will tell you that going forward on the path you are now on is exactly what you should do.  Oh yes, I understand the fear of change, the second guessing, and the insecurity involved in transitioning. I had been going through some of the very same things you are. I didn't always feel I was trans. It is something I discovered only 7 months ago and when I started HRT I did not know if it was the right thing for me to do. I feel it is as I have not wanted to stop the changes but I still had and have my doubt due to everything about getting the meds and seeing doctors and getting their confirmations were so easy for me, no convincing, no hoops to jump through, everything falling into place and nothing but a red carpet to a new life.
   The only one to have reservations about it is me and I think it was the insecurity and fear that was keeping me from believing the truth. About a month ago an insecure fearful person left my home to drive across America to set foot in the only state in the country she had not been in. I did that. but what I didn't realize at the time was that I had also left home in search of myself much like you and your beach house experiment. I left home in female attire when I had had only a few out of the closet encounters in public settings. I was scared but felt I could at least make it to my first two meetup in this mode. I wound up making the whole trip in female attire. I met others like me along the way. Others more secure in who they are than I. I learned from each and everyone of them that I belonged among them and they helped me learn to be one of them. I returned home more confident in who I am and who I am  supposed to be. So much so that I am still in female mode and am seeing if I can turn it into full time.
   I still have fears and am still a bit insecure but I am less so now.
   With all you have posted I feel you too are doing what you should and need to keep walking down your own personal path to become the woman you know in your heart you are. Don't let your fears, doubts and insecurities derail you from this path. Instead take the bull by the horns and confront them. You have all the support you need, there is nothing to stop you but yourself.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Johanna M

Thank you for your replies.
Decided to wait a couple of days and the doubts and fear has mostly faded away. I will let time tell me which path that is mine.
Again ladies: Thanks for your support and that you are caring for us that hasn't come as long as you on the journey.
Hugs

•