Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

My First Real Life Experience

Started by Brenda3156, July 13, 2017, 05:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brenda3156

Last night I went to a support group for the first time. I had never presented myself as trans to anyone else outside of my wife at home. It is a private group and you have to be interviewed and accepted before you can go. For me it was a very interesting experience to let other people know face to face that you are transgendered. There was about 25 people there. I enjoy this site but reached a point where I really wanted to meet other people like myself. I emailed my therapist and she recommended this group. It was very interesting to hear the different experiences and to share some of my own. I will definitely go back next week.
  •  

jules968

Sounds awesome.  I was thinking of attending a support group myself.  Still scared of the unknown. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Brenda3156

It was really interesting and a relief to be around people who are going through the same issues I am. Its a private group by invitation only. Really enjoyed it. Going again next Wednesday
  •  

Lady Lisandra

Oh I'd love to go to a group like that. I don't know many trans people. Well, I don't have any trans friend. It would be nice to share you experience with someone who's gone through the same difficulties. I can't find such groups close to me. My therapist was creating one, but I got mad at her and don't go anymore.
- Lis -
  •  

LizK

You ladies should follow Brenda's lead and go to a meeting if you can. The meetings I attend can turn into an a riot of fun. We do tend to relax and de-stress if we can...It is just so great to be with other Kindred souls.

Sounds like a great group to be involved with. Its really great if you can make some real world friends, I am slowly developing a few friendships with my local group which is always enjoyable in so many ways.
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •