Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Completing the name change paperwork???

Started by dre_moe, April 23, 2017, 10:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dre_moe

So I have a question that has probably been answered before.  I have all the documents I need to legally change my name in Texas, read over all the rules and how to proceed in court.  I do not know what I should mark on the paper in the section that asks for my gender.  It doesn't stipulate whether the two (name change and gender change) are separate.  Our DPS (driver's license office) only requires the Court Order that shows your legal name change to update a license.  Most people are able to get their marker changed on their IDs with that document.  Should I check the box for male since I am FTM and all you need is the Doctor's letter stating that I am changing my gender?  That is also the justification I chose in the section to explain why I am changing my name, to align it with my gender identity.
Started T - 4 Dec 17
Top Surgery - 21 Mar 18
  •  

elkie-t

If you have documents to get court order to change both your name and gender, then it should be beneficial for you to have.
But if judge would deny your request for changing gender because you miss some of the documents, then chances are he'd deny your name change petition. Although I think denying name change petition is very unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •